“Popular Place With Average Food”

Hacienda Restaurant
Ranked #22 of 152 Restaurants in Michigan City
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reno, Nevada
“Popular Place With Average Food”
Reviewed July 14, 2013

This place has been around for years and it's popular with large groups because of its size. The food is average Americanized Mexican fare and there is nothing special about it. They do have good margaritas and cold beer.

Visited July 2013

“Not good”
Reviewed June 19, 2013 via mobile

I go there about once or twice a year because other people want to go there for dinner, and also in hopes that the food would be better but the food is mediocre. It is fake Mexican food. The only thing I like there is chips and green salsa. If you want good Mexican food, go somewhere else.

• Visited May 2013
Trail Creek
“Shorted Again!!”
Reviewed May 15, 2013

I wrote a review on Hacienda in Michigan City, IN back in February, 2012. We tried a carry-out order again. Again we were shorted - salad dressing. Again, they were not busy. My daughter called there & talked to the guy that had waited on her. He apologized which was nice. He then transferred her to the manager. Shortly after, she hung up. Didn't get to talk to the manager. This is the last time we will be ordering at this Hacienda. I don't recommend this place to anyone. You would think that after so many complaints - I read others, that changes would be made. Obviously not. It's a shame.

• Visited May 2013
Indiana
“Great american mexican food fix once in a while.”
Reviewed February 23, 2013

I like all kinds of Mexican food, and although Hacienda tends to be very Americanized, it hits the spot once in awhile. We stick to the items they do well...taste of hacienda, cheese soup, burrito combos, and of course the strawberry margarita. Way to pricey on the ranch dressing which seems to be a favorite now at almost every table you walk by. Prices have gone up substantially over the years. The manager Joe is very attentive and you can tell when he is there, constantly circulating.

Visited January 2013
Long Beach, Indiana
“Margarita's and Fraud......”
Reviewed January 24, 2013

My fiancee and I live not too far from Hacienda, and we visit on a regular basis. It's a great for a drink after a long day, especially with the daily drink deals. The chips and salsa are an added bonus. The staff are great! (Crystal and Dave behind the bar!)

The $5000 credit card fraud that came with it was not so great.....

Hacienda had been aware of this since January 4th 2013, and thought it unnecessary to inform their customers that credit card information had been compromised if you had been between the 25th December 2012 and 4th January 2013.

The most disappointing thing about this whole situation is that it could have easily been avoided if people were made aware. Cash payment for a limited time would have been acceptable. Rather that than the process I'm going through now.

The financial implications per phone call to my bank (in England) are equal to that of a meal at Hacienda, so i will have to abstain visiting for a time. I'm sure I will return in time, with cash!

I do hope that they will sort out some form of compensation, or a goodwill gesture to all of those affected. I thought customer service was paramount in the current climate?!

• Visited January 2013