“Great american mexican food fix once in a while.”

Hacienda Restaurant
Ranked #24 of 153 Restaurants in Michigan City
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Indiana
“Great american mexican food fix once in a while.”
Reviewed February 23, 2013

I like all kinds of Mexican food, and although Hacienda tends to be very Americanized, it hits the spot once in awhile. We stick to the items they do well...taste of hacienda, cheese soup, burrito combos, and of course the strawberry margarita. Way to pricey on the ranch dressing which seems to be a favorite now at almost every table you walk by. Prices have gone up substantially over the years. The manager Joe is very attentive and you can tell when he is there, constantly circulating.

Visited January 2013

Long Beach, Indiana
“Margarita's and Fraud......”
Reviewed January 24, 2013

My fiancee and I live not too far from Hacienda, and we visit on a regular basis. It's a great for a drink after a long day, especially with the daily drink deals. The chips and salsa are an added bonus. The staff are great! (Crystal and Dave behind the bar!)

The $5000 credit card fraud that came with it was not so great.....

Hacienda had been aware of this since January 4th 2013, and thought it unnecessary to inform their customers that credit card information had been compromised if you had been between the 25th December 2012 and 4th January 2013.

The most disappointing thing about this whole situation is that it could have easily been avoided if people were made aware. Cash payment for a limited time would have been acceptable. Rather that than the process I'm going through now.

The financial implications per phone call to my bank (in England) are equal to that of a meal at Hacienda, so i will have to abstain visiting for a time. I'm sure I will return in time, with cash!

I do hope that they will sort out some form of compensation, or a goodwill gesture to all of those affected. I thought customer service was paramount in the current climate?!

• Visited January 2013
1 Thank Rob C
“Always a must for dinner”
Reviewed January 12, 2013 via mobile

We travel from Kalamazoo, MI to the outlets approx. 3 - 4 times a year and the chicken burrito is always a must. We have always received excellent service and the quality of food is great. My only complaint is that we don't have a Hacienda closer to home.

The Villages, Florida
“Less than Average Food, Poor Service”
Reviewed January 10, 2013

My first clue that dining here for lunch was a bad decision was when we were the only customers in the restaurant. The second clue was when I tasted the "salsa." They really shouldn't call it that because it tasted like canned tomatoes. The rest of the food was just as disappointing. I'm surprised they get away with calling this a Mexican restaurant, although in some ways it reminded me of the old Chi-Chi's - mass produced somewhere else and reheated on site.

I think this restaurant is a first-job training ground for young people who really don't need to make money. Our hostess couldn't care less if she seated us or not until we walked into the bar on our own and then she was all about controlling where she wanted us to sit. Our waitress must be studying to be a magician because she performed the perfect disappearing act. She took our order, served our drinks, and never appeared again until we chased her down where she was chatting with other waitstaff for the check.

We will NOT be back.

Visited June 2012
Niles, Michigan
“Really Good Midwestern Mexican!”
Reviewed January 7, 2013

If you are looking for homestyle, midwestern Mexican food, Hacienda is a great place to visit! They have great drink special margaritas and great queso soup. My husband lived in Texas for 3 years and now doesn't like the Mexican food at Hacienda, but you can ask for the verde salsa and it is nice and spicy!! Always good service and hot food, too!!

• Visited January 2013