“Average food at premium price!” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Rodini Restaurant & Cocktail - CLOSED

Rodini Restaurant & Cocktail
Cuisines: American, Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol
Chicago, Illinois
“Average food at premium price!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 6, 2012

This was our first experience at Rodini's......a place we have by-passed in the area for years.
The parking lot looks pretty busy on week-end nights especially. We chose a recent Friday night to go there with friends. We did not have reservations and upon entering, there was no staff to greet when we came in the door (first flag!). After some minutes, we were approached and then had a 10-15 wait for a table.
Our wait staff person seemed very preoccupied/inattentive at first (second flag!).....walked by our table multiple times before even taking our drink order. She seemed rushed as we placed our order.
Found Rodini's to be like your average steakhouse/fish restaurant......but with premium price.
We will continue to seek out other dining experiences in the area and will certainly not be returning or recommending to family/friends.

• Visited June 2012
1 Thank IrishAmma

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great food great value”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 4, 2012

WE arrived on a busy saturday night (we forgot to make reservations) we were seated in less than 5 minutes -the food is fantastic! our waitress was older and forgetfull (so am I-age 57). forgot my drink order-food was not served or explained properly-no butter for bread-no tarter sauce or shrimp sauce for broiled seafood dinner-and desert was offered as do you want it??? we have several??? saw the other table next to us was shown a dessert plate thingee to decide.My overall experience was marred by bad server-my first time while visiting from aurora, il -i definitely will go back-but i would prefer a younger waittress who can give me the customer service and expertise that i do not have I am an older woman, but i want to enjoy my fine dinner not have to feel rushed and insulted by older waittresses

Visited June 2012
New York City, New York
“The Best in Town”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 20, 2012

Forget the chain restaurants that have popped up all over the south end of town. None will compare to Rodini's. By far the best place in Michigan City if not all of Northern Indiana. It's been around for a long time and is just as good as it was 30 years ago. It's the first place I hit when in Michigan City. Famous for their perch and of coarse the unbelievable free appetizer plate you get to start your evening off.

• Visited April 2012
Michigan City, Indiana
“Finest restaurant in Michigan City”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 11, 2012

Ribs, Steaks, and appetizers are excellant. Family owned business. Great cocktails!

Visited November 2011
Michigan City, Indiana
“great food, service and a good experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 11, 2011

I have been going to Rodini's ever since I have been a child. My family has lived in Michigan City since I was born. Rodini's is by far my favorite resturant. I had a great dinner there and honestly loved the experience. I always recommend this place to everyone who asks me where to go to eat for a nice dining and good service. The Steak Diane is my favorite.

• Visited August 2011