$73
$82
$80
King's Inn(Michigan City)
$40
Hampton Inn & Suites Michigan City(Michigan City)(Great Value!)
$134
$129
Cool Springs Inn(Michigan City)(Great Value!)
$60
Blue Jay Manor(Michigan City)
$80
The Bridge Inn(Michigan City)(Great Value!)
$139
Serenity Springs(Michigan City)(Great Value!)
$239
Agoda.com
  • Breakfast included
All reviewssports barvegas babyolder towerfloor to ceiling windowstable gamesslot machinesview of lake michiganparking garagelas vegasget awaynice showerrooms are niceoutlet mallstayed one nightking roomwashington parkgambling
Reviewed June 2, 2007

We stayed at the Blue Chip on May 29th for one night. It was a suprise getaway for my husband's birthday. This was our first time at BC and had a great experience! Each and every staff member ALWAYS had a smile and was very friendly! Our room (420) was very clean, quite modern, nicely decorated. Bathroom was average size, but with the two of us, it was perfect. We did have a small fridge for all of our yummy leftovers!

We used the pool and hot tub only for a little while in the evening. Pool was cool, hot tub was only warm. Very nice facilities, though.

The buffet was good. We ate lunch there twice. The first day it was close to dinner setup so the food was not very hot. The second day it was just as lunch started and was very hot! Everything was very fresh!

teakhouse was outstanding! Great service, great food!

Casino was fun- my first time gambling. My only complaint was the smokers. VERY smokey, did not realize there was a non-smoking section until we were leaving.

We will retirn for another stay- close to home, very reasonable rates, super time!

• Stayed: May 2007, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank mrs_shopthe
Reviewed March 11, 2007

This is by far the most beautiful and spacious casino/bar/
restaurant/entertainment complex in Northern Indiana. Not for a minute does it feel like you are on a cramped "casino boat".

Decor is upscale and clean. Casino is HUGE and roomy. Big wide aisles to get around. Many, many table games. More games than other boats in Indiana or IL. Texas Hold 'Em, Let It Ride, 4 Card Poker, 3 Card Poker and many blackjack tables. Low limits of $10 on most tables. Feels just like a VEGAS casino! Only about a 90 minute drive from anywhere in Chicagoland. Definately a step up from other riverboat casinos in the area. I won over $200+

Dealers and casino personnell very friendly. VERY NICE OVERALL!

• Stayed: March 2007
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed July 11, 2006

We stayed at the blue chip for one night while on business. The only good was that we all went home with some of the casinos money in our pocket.

The bad was: The walls are paper thin you can hear every noise from the ding of the elevator to the cough of the person in the next room. The people at the front desk are rude and unaccomodating. We had rooms near the elevator. The noise was very loud and irritating. When I requested another room I was told the hotel was sold out. It was a Monday night, the parking lot was nearly empty and the casino was barely full. I am sure there were plenty of rooms available. The waitresses, all except one, were rude. When we asked for tobasco sauce for our eggs she responded with, "you are going to make things hard for me aren't you?" My final complaint is the casino...they give you a coupon book of incentives and then continually tell you that you can not use them. If there are no other rooms in town and you want to gamble stay at blue chip otherwise find some where else. They really don't seem to care if your comfortable or not.

• Stayed: July 2006, traveled on business
12  Thank Mark G
A TripAdvisor Member
Michigan City, IN
Reviewed August 26, 2005

Recently, my boyfriend and I went to the Blue Chip Casino Hotel just to get away for a quick relaxing break. The hotel was perfect in every way! There is a great fitness center, pool and 2 hot tubs. The buffet inside the facility is completely satisfying and great for someone with a real sweet tooth. The varity of desserts and meal choices are astonishing. The rooms are so comfortable and extremely clean. I plan on visitng this hotel again very soon. It was a great getaway! Who would have known something like this was right under my nose.

• Stayed: March 2005
19  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
A TripAdvisor Member
Peru, IN
Reviewed March 16, 2005

My wife and I frequent this casino and hotel once or twice a month. While we haven't won any money in a long time, we love the hotel and its proximity to the casino. It has a gym and pool and the food is adequate. We love the size of the rooms and friendliness of the staff.

26  Thank A TripAdvisor Member