$119
Country Inn
$73
$67
Hampton Inn & Suites Michigan City(Michigan City)(Great Value!)
$134
$129
Hampton.com
King's Inn(Michigan City)
$40
$82
$80
Cool Springs Inn(Michigan City)(Great Value!)
$60
Blue Jay Manor(Michigan City)
$80
The Bridge Inn(Michigan City)(Great Value!)
$139
Serenity Springs(Michigan City)(Great Value!)
$239
  • Breakfast included
All reviewssports barvegas babyolder towerfloor to ceiling windowstable gamesslot machinesview of lake michiganparking garagelas vegasget awaynice showerrooms are niceoutlet mallstayed one nightking roomwashington parkgambling
Reviewed June 18, 2010

This is an amazing hotel! The place is brand new and absolutely spotless! It's situated kind of in the middle of an industrialized area, but the shopping outlets are about a 3 minute walk and the downtown seems to have some great character (also within walking distance). We stayed there while doing a drive through the US and it was a great stopping point.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 7, 2010

This was my first time at Blue Chip Casino and Hotel. I took my mother for her 60th birthday. The rate was fabulous and it even went down as we got closer to the date. Check-in was a breeze. We went straight to our room. The room was cozy and clean. We had a view of a frozen pond. Very big walk-in shower with plenty of hot water. We ate at all the restaurants: The Buffet, The Game, deli, and It's Vegas Baby. The only one we didn't eat at was William B's Steakhouse. We watched the Chicago Bulls game while eating at The Game, which is the sports bar. The buffet has great food! It was sooo good. Not a bad item on the menu. For her birthday, I made arrangement to have roses delivered to the room. I called the day before and gave them the room number. On her birthday, after breakfast in bed, her roses were promptly delivered by a hotel staff person. She was shocked and amazed. The spa is too die for. She had a message and pedicure for her birthday, which she also loved. The staff in the entire place, was friendly and helpful. One of my favorite things about Blue Chip is they arrange for transportation to pick you up and the 2 local train stations. My mother and I both do not drive. I think that is very convienent! The food at It's Vegas Baby was very good and the wine my mother picked, Dancing Bull, was most excellent. We enjoyed every minute of the 4 days that we stayed here. Didn't win much money but, still had a great time. We got in the hotel pool and jacuzzi. The waters were warm and clean. We loved this hotel and can not wait to return.

• Stayed: January 2010
1  Thank Sasassie
Reviewed April 27, 2010

My boyfriend and I recently took a trip and visited 7 casinos in IN and IL. This was by far the best casino/hotel combination. We have decided in fact that the next time we take this sort of trip, we will stay here and only here. The hotel itself is very nice. We stayed in the older part, the Blue Chip Tower and that is my only regret. This tower is clearly their old hotel portion so it is a bit of a hike to get to and from the hotel & casino. The rooms though were very nice, recently remodeled as it seems. It has nice features like a big tiled shower, flat screen tv, fridge and coffee maker. The pool area was quite nice, small but clean and user friendly. I utilized the fitness center as well and it was quite sufficient for my needs. They did advise that for a small $8 a day fee I could have used the fitness center in the Spa Tower and it looked more like a formal fitness center with a great view. Everyone on staff that we encountered was very pleasant, even the cleaning crew called out to us to 'Have a good day'. The buffet is quite nice with a very impressive and unique dessert bar. The players club is worth your time as they have lots of promotions and even discounts offered. While we were there we received a free case of Pop and a Buy 1 get 1 free coupon for the Buffet. The casino is spacious, has lots of options and the slots pay out fairly. Definitely worth the stay!

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank lougordon1306
Reviewed April 6, 2010

We decided to take a quickie trip out of town and decided to try to the Blue Chip as it was only an hour away and the most affordable choice of our potentials list. We went ahead and booked the Spa Tower and I was glad we did. The decor was modern with an Asian flair and a warm color scheme. The room was just large enough for us and the shower was amazing. Plus our tower had free wifi. I get the impression that isn't available in the older one. The only knock would be that the seem to promote the Spa Tower as having lake views but the reality only some of the rooms would have a view of the lake and not exceptional ones.

We should have booked our spa services in advance but we were lucky they had some opening left and had services over two days. The experience was fantastic and convinced us to come back soon. The restaurants are there are great, the buffet just okay and the service in the drink service in the casino was at a high level that I didn't existed anymore. In fact, the service through the whole property was amazing and it's something Vegas hotels could learn from. I can't believe we traveled all over for casino getaways and have been passing on this gem in our backyard.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank Rashaun S
Reviewed March 17, 2010

My husband and I travel to Blue Chip quite often and have had the opportunity to experience everything they have to offer except the spa. I have dined at all their re. Just get there staurants and have stayed in both the new and the old hotel.
The Spa Blue rooms are about as nice as a 3-4 star hotel. The old side is more like a 2 star. It really depends on the level of smokiness you can tolerate.
William B's is a good place to dine. Ask for Patty as your server, she is awesome. The buffet is not very good in my opinion. It's Vegas Baby has really good appetizers and entrees, just get there early, it gets REAL lively later in the evening. The Game is a great place to watch sports and have a bite to eat. It is mostly expensive bar food, but good.
The Stardust Event Center is a nice small venue to see a concert. Just like every other venue, the drink prices can be steep. The casino is no different than any other river boat or Vegas casino, the odds are with the house. Go and enjoy yourself. Any questions, feel free to contact me.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled on business