Just got back from the Blue Chip today.
My travel background >>> I travel 2-3 times yearly (Caribbean, Vegas, etc)
- nice tiled shower, decent room
- Looks great from the outside
- staff was friendly
- Deli and buffet were good
- The bed sheets were like sandpaper
- The walls were super thin. We could hear every conversation next door and in the hall
- We listened to the hallway door squeak (there is a hallway door to access the the rooms) and open and slam both nights keeping us up (we went to bed around 1am both nights)...... and the conversations in the hallway were like they were right next to us
- the Casino was ok. Like a typical downtown Vegas casino, only smaller.
- Strange problem - When your in certain parts of the casino, when your playing the slots, if anybody walks by your chair shakes like it will fall over. It happens on both sides of the casino. Didn't bother me too much, I thought it was funny, but a couple of elderly players moved because of their safety concerns. For the record, it's distracting but I think it's safe.
It's only 15-20 minutes from the Four Winds Casino in Michigan, which was a much better casino. The Four Winds was larger, better slot choices, more tables, and everybody was friendly. Overall the hotel/casino was ok (although my wife said she would never go back) but I wouldn't recommend it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- In Michigan City, Indiana, we operate northern Indiana's leading regional entertainment destination – Blue Chip Casino, Hotel & Spa. Our latest expansion, completed in January 2009, added 302 upscale hotel rooms; the Stardust Event Center, capable of seating up to 1,200 people for live performances; the 10,000-square-foot spa blu, the only spa located at a Chicagoland casino; and two Las Vegas-themed restaurants, "It's Vegas, Baby!" and "The Game.”" In addition, Blue Chip offers a 65,000-square-foot casino with nearly 2,000 slot machines and 50 table games. Whether you're just coming for the day or looking for a fun weekend getaway, Blue Chip offers a gaming and entertainment experience without rival in the Midwest. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets and getaroom.com so you can book your Blue Chip Casino Hotel Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Blue Chip Hotel Michigan City
- Blue Chip Michigan City
- Blue Chip Casino