“Loved the choices! Very clean.”

Blue Chip Casino Hotel Spa
Ranked #4 of 16 Hotels in Michigan City
Crown Point, Indiana
“Loved the choices! Very clean.”
Reviewed February 20, 2014

We stayed mid-week, the wife and I had a blast. It was not to crowded, and you didn't have to wait long for a machine, or table. The staff was great, from coat check, to front desk. We stayed in the blue chip tower, non-smoking was not available so we got a smoking room. It had only a slight smell of smoke, the room was VERY clean, we have had room troubles before, other places so my bride checks them over right away. It passed with flying colors. The pool area was clean, the fitness area the same, but the tv was out and the Precor machine needed some work, but it was fine for a light workout. the casino was clean, the hallways, and all common areas clean. The staff always had a smile on their faces, and they were willing to help if you needed anything. We live approx an hour away, we have many choices closer, and a few just a little farther, but this might be a regular stop for us. It was perfect for a 1 night get-away. After a great breakfast, at options, we lost some more money, then headed to the mall. Happy mama= happy daddy, can't wait to go back. I give it an A- overall.

Room Tip: Go to the buffet for breakfast. It was amazing.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Todd S

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (186)
  • Korean first
Reviewed February 5, 2014 via mobile

Room had a dusty smell upon walking in. Poorly light room and bathroom, difficult to apply makeup in properly. TV is not HD. Light Switch buttons were not all in working condition. The sink was badly clogged. The beds are on the hard side, so not very comfortable for me. They only supply 3 pillows for a king sized bed and 2 of these pillows on my bed were old, flat and worn out. I called down for more pillows and I was told that I could only have one. Two calls and a half hour later I got a pillow but not before signing a form. I visited on a Tuesday evening and the lot was empty, I think they could afford to make their few guests a little more comfortable. It's a beautiful facility, but it just seems like they are cutting the wrong corners to save a dime.

On the positive side, the lobby is beautiful. The room decor is nice. They fixed the sink issue with in the hour. The pillow that was brought up to me was fluffy. There is an outlet on my night stand. The shower is roomy and has seating. There is a toilet room with a door. And the view from my room was nice.

I graded poorly because I feel the comfortability and cleanliness categories are most important and that's were they lacked the most.

Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Jessica S
Sarah S, Boyd Gaming Customer Service at Blue Chip Casino Hotel Spa, responded to this review, March 20, 2014
We would like to first thank you for your comments. We are saddened to hear that there were multiple issues with your experience. Your comments will be forward to the appropriate departments. We are glad to hear that you found our lobby beautiful. Again, thank you for your comments as they help us improve our overall guest service.

Travelers are raving about these Michigan City hotels

Huron, Ohio
Reviewed January 25, 2014

I stayed in the Blue Chip hotel (not the Spa Blue Tower) and overall my room and stay were pleasant. For $109 a night plus taxes I would expect the room to have better lighting, a newer style TV and and an updated HVAC system with wall mount thermostat with continuous on fan option.

I'd also like to see the entire facility go smoke-free as the casino and hotel hallways wreaked of cigarettes. Coming from Ohio where facilities like this are all smoke-free I was turned off from hanging out.

The pillows seemed old and quite uncomfortable. It was hard to believe that the a room like this also didn't have a desk area especially since it hosts many business events.

The shower was very nice and overall the rooms have strong possibilities.

I also enjoyed the sports bar. With a few changes and improvements this place could really rock!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
2 Thank MessNmagic
Lafayette, IN
Reviewed January 7, 2014

We ended up with a king room in the corner on the 5th floor of the Spa Blu tower..... Wonderful room with windows all around the room. Room was spacious and warm. Bed was very comfortable and had wonderful linens. The bathroom in the room, although it did not have a bathtub, was beautiful and nice. Rooms were very clean and crisp. Would definitely recommend to someone else and will be back to stay again!

Room Tip: Ask for a corner room.... it will likely have windows all around the room!
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank seworc
Fort Wayne, Indiana
Reviewed December 27, 2013

We go on mini vacations every 2-4 weeks and for Christmas we decided to check out Blue Chip. Our room was in the Spa Blu Tower and I have to say, for a smoking room (which I requested), it was very clean and didn't smell like an ashtray like many other smoking accomodations we have experienced before. The room was spacious and had a very open feeling, especially after we pulled the drapes open. My favorite part of the room was the shower. Some kind of stone and a bench seat with very good water pressure, it was very relaxing. I don't care much for gambling but I did give some slots a try... lost a little money but I had fun doing it! We ate dinner at the Steakhouse, it was ok, but just ok, nothing to write home about. I was disappointed that we couldn't order a bottle of wine with dinner (evidentally they can't serve alcohol on Christmas). When I originally called to ask questions about rooms, restaurants, etc. and even mentioned I would be arriving on Christmas, the woman said that they have full bar service. Overall, we had a good experience.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Jennifer R
St. Augustine, Florida
Reviewed December 19, 2013

My husband and I stayed at the Blue Chip to take care of some personal business in nearby Michigan. We live outside of the area and flew into the Chicago airport and thought Michigan City would be a good central location. I was very pleased with our room in the Spa Tower. the room was spacious and our view was of the lake. We also had a view of the nuclear cooling tower- but hey, we saw the lake. The bathroom is very nice, probably the best part of the room. I never made it to the spa (which appeared very appealing, I love spas) and don't know what they charge as the prices were not in the room menu. We did happen to go to the deli which is open 24 hours. The sandwiches are made with Boars Head meats and the soup is homemade. It was not cheap but the food and service are very good. I would gladly stay at the Blue Chip again, preferably in the summer and not when its 11 degrees F.

Room Tip: WE had a room on the 14th floor and the view was lovely.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
3 Thank AmesFL
Schoolcraft, Michigan
Reviewed December 9, 2013

I booked a room at Blue Chip in the old tower despite all the bad reviews I read, and we loved it, no smell of smoke in our non smoking king room, the shower and bath area was awesome, the heater could use a little tune up, but other than that we were very pleased with our stay, and will definitely go back again!!! valet parking was great and very fast , check in went smoothly, all in all a great experience for us!!!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Michigan City
Baymont Inn & Suites Michigan City
Holiday Inn Express New Buffalo
Fairfield Inn & Suites New Buffalo

Been to Blue Chip Casino Hotel Spa? Share your experiences!