Blue Chip Casino Hotel Spa
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Travel Inn Motel(Michigan City)
View Hotel
Al & Sally's Motel(Michigan City)
King's Inn(Michigan City)
View Hotel
Super 8 Michigan City(Michigan City)
View Hotel
All reviewsnew towersports barvegas babyolder towerfloor to ceiling windowstable gamesview of lake michiganparking garagelas vegasget awaynice showerrooms are niceoutlet mallstayed one nightking roomslotsgambling
FilterAll languages
Reviewed March 2, 2013

My husband and I stayed at Blue Chip back in Oct. 2012 and had a great time celebrating my brother in laws birthday. So, we decided to take a little weekend getaway for a little gambling and relaxation. We arrived at the hotel at around 11:45 pm. When we got there, to our disappointment our room was canceled!!!! We couldn't understand why. We had a guaranteed hold with a valid c/c. Well, aparantly in very tiny print on the web site reservation page it states that your room is guaranteed until 10pm. Why? If I have a guaranteed hold with a valid c/c why cancel my room? Just run the c/c. No where does it say to call if not arriving by 10pm. The front desk supervisor was very smug and robotic in her reiteration of the hotel policy. Also adding the explanation of the high rollers that they cater to...How does that help me again??? Long story short, no room. No direction to where I could go for a room..let me add we drove an hour to get to the hotel. I really think this is a very lame policy. I have stayed in many hotels...casino/hotels...resorts and I have also worked in a hotel and I have never heard of having to call before 10pm to tell the hotel I was going to arrive late...just run my c/c....if I never get there you still get paid...dont cancel my room!!!! I was soooo angry...my husband was livid!! I dont remember this policy being in existence in Oct 2012 when I arrived at around the same time and was able to still have a room. The purpose of a hotel reservation is to ensure that a person has a room when they get there provided that a valid c/c is given. No way should the room be just cancelled. Why make a reservation then? What if I was in flight and couldnt call do to delays, etc.? I feel sorry for someone who is traveling from out of state that encounters this...I am a long time Boyd Gamer...We go to Vegas once a year..We use to stay at the Stardust which we loved...I dont know if I would ever go back to Blue Chip. And I will make sure I share this experience with everyone I know!!!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Michelle R
Reviewed March 1, 2013

I recently searched for a nice casino/hotel to treat the wife for her 40th birthday. Came across blue chip resort and spa. Looked at the reviews and the majority were good so I decided to give it a try. Wanted a suite but was told they don't rent those they were given to the high rollers. Requested a supervisor and spoke with Ms. Komay. From that moment, every thing was great. Had the lake view suite 18th floor. One word awesome, unbelievable, made spa appointment for wife. She loved it. Great hotel, great spa, great resturants. Totally great experience. Would highly recommend for a getaway. Ps. Must stay in spa blue tower.

Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 27, 2013

This is my 4th time staying at Blue Chip, I normally stay on the Spa Blue Side, this time I stayed on the older side which I highly don't recommend, I checked in around 4pm walked and and I thought I smelled Body odor, I asked my kid to smell it but instead she walks in the room and sprays her perfume like crazy. I was staying next to my mom so I had her come in and smell she said all she smelled was the perfume. I called and complained to guest services and they told me they would tell a manager? Really? I would like a new room now. Then. I decided to tolerate it cause I took my kids with me so they could go swimming. Well went in the bathroom to change and there were knats flying around while I was going to the bathroom I was snapping them while going to the bathroom. Really? Fruit Flies? Then my toliet wouldn't flush. No plunger in the room so I was taking the toliet paper out of the toliet so I could see if that would fix it. I checked out 7am this morning talked to another guest service employee and she said she would tell me a manager. I will say this..I will never be back unless its to stay on the newer side. I think the people before me were some nasty people and housekeeping just didn't do a good job cleaning it. I am very upset with my experience.

Room Tip: Don't stay on older side stay on Spa Blue, cleaner and quieter.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank mdzn5440
Sarah S, Boyd Gaming Customer Service at Blue Chip Casino Hotel Spa, responded to this reviewResponded March 4, 2013

Thank you for your feedback regarding the service levels and product quality you experienced at Blue Chip Casino, Hotel and Spa. Please understand that the service described is not indicative of the high standards we hold ourselves to here at Blue Chip Casino Hotel and Spa. As the Director of Hotel Operations I would welcome an opportunity to speak further about your visit to our property. Again, we appreciate your feedback as it allows us to continually improve our service levels and overall guest satisfaction.

Reviewed February 17, 2013

Gone 2 years in a row for our anniversary had dinner at William B and also at vegas baby food was great they gave us wonderful service would like to bring the grandkids for a night away alittle swimming its not that far for just to get away always treated wonderfully gone with friends had a good time keep telling the kids about it they want to go swimming looking forward to coming in march with the grand kids

Room Tip: Never had a chance to do the spa but I hear nothing but great things about it and have'nt brought the kids yet but when i go i see familys with kigds all ages
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed February 5, 2013

I have stayed at the Blue Chip many times and the majority of my experiences have been very pleasant. Unfortunately, my most recent stay put the Blue Chip in a new light. I recently booked a handicap accesible room in the Blue Chip Tower, via the BC website. The room was not described as a smoking room, but it turns out that it was. Room 101 smelled horrible. As matter of fact, the entire first floor reeked. This was not the worst of it. Upon first entering the room, I was disheartened to see that the Hotel dismissed amenities, to accomodate disabilities. Essentially, If you have a disablity you will not find a vanity or any counterspace to set your personal items on. You and your guests will not have a table in the room to sit at. Afterall, your already sitting right?!? You can expect to find the coffee pot, ice tub, and tissues behind the television (only makes sense, lack of counter space). The bathroom was dingy, the wallpaper was peeling away from the wall. And, do not plan on opening the curatins in your room, unless you are comfortable with people sitting in there vehicles, facing into you room, LITERALLY 15 feet outside your window. I can not believe that the blue chip would allow such shabby accomodations for people with disabilities. I can not believe I paid $130 to stay in such poor accomodations. If you require handicap accessible, do yourself the favor, drive the extra 10 minutes to the Four Winds. They know how to accomodate their guests with disabilities.

Room Tip: Do not Stay in 101 BCT.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Sarah S, Boyd Gaming Customer Service at Blue Chip Casino Hotel Spa, responded to this reviewResponded February 12, 2013

Thank you for your feedback regarding the product quality you experienced at Blue Chip Casino, Hotel and Spa. Your comments have been shared with our Housekeeping and Facilities departments so that we might continue to improve our product and service standards. Furthermore, we appreciate you taking the time to speak with the Director of Hotel Operations yesterday. We sincerely value your patronage and look forward to welcoming you back to Blue Chip in the near future.