“Not pleased! Knats in bathroom!!”

Blue Chip Casino Hotel Spa
Ranked #3 of 16 Hotels in Michigan City
Reviewed February 27, 2013

This is my 4th time staying at Blue Chip, I normally stay on the Spa Blue Side, this time I stayed on the older side which I highly don't recommend, I checked in around 4pm walked and and I thought I smelled Body odor, I asked my kid to smell it but instead she walks in the room and sprays her perfume like crazy. I was staying next to my mom so I had her come in and smell she said all she smelled was the perfume. I called and complained to guest services and they told me they would tell a manager? Really? I would like a new room now. Then. I decided to tolerate it cause I took my kids with me so they could go swimming. Well went in the bathroom to change and there were knats flying around while I was going to the bathroom I was snapping them while going to the bathroom. Really? Fruit Flies? Then my toliet wouldn't flush. No plunger in the room so I was taking the toliet paper out of the toliet so I could see if that would fix it. I checked out 7am this morning talked to another guest service employee and she said she would tell me a manager. I will say this..I will never be back unless its to stay on the newer side. I think the people before me were some nasty people and housekeeping just didn't do a good job cleaning it. I am very upset with my experience.

Room Tip: Don't stay on older side stay on Spa Blue, cleaner and quieter.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank mdzn5440
Sarah S, Boyd Gaming Customer Service at Blue Chip Casino Hotel Spa, responded to this reviewResponded March 4, 2013

Thank you for your feedback regarding the service levels and product quality you experienced at Blue Chip Casino, Hotel and Spa. Please understand that the service described is not indicative of the high standards we hold ourselves to here at Blue Chip Casino Hotel and Spa. As the Director of Hotel Operations I would welcome an opportunity to speak further about your visit to our property. Again, we appreciate your feedback as it allows us to continually improve our service levels and overall guest satisfaction.

There are newer reviews for Blue Chip Casino Hotel Spa

Reviewed February 17, 2013

Gone 2 years in a row for our anniversary had dinner at William B and also at vegas baby food was great they gave us wonderful service would like to bring the grandkids for a night away alittle swimming its not that far for just to get away always treated wonderfully gone with friends had a good time keep telling the kids about it they want to go swimming looking forward to coming in march with the grand kids

Room Tip: Never had a chance to do the spa but I hear nothing but great things about it and have'nt brough...
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed February 5, 2013

I have stayed at the Blue Chip many times and the majority of my experiences have been very pleasant. Unfortunately, my most recent stay put the Blue Chip in a new light. I recently booked a handicap accesible room in the Blue Chip Tower, via the BC website. The room was not described as a smoking room, but it turns out that it was. Room 101 smelled horrible. As matter of fact, the entire first floor reeked. This was not the worst of it. Upon first entering the room, I was disheartened to see that the Hotel dismissed amenities, to accomodate disabilities. Essentially, If you have a disablity you will not find a vanity or any counterspace to set your personal items on. You and your guests will not have a table in the room to sit at. Afterall, your already sitting right?!? You can expect to find the coffee pot, ice tub, and tissues behind the television (only makes sense, lack of counter space). The bathroom was dingy, the wallpaper was peeling away from the wall. And, do not plan on opening the curatins in your room, unless you are comfortable with people sitting in there vehicles, facing into you room, LITERALLY 15 feet outside your window. I can not believe that the blue chip would allow such shabby accomodations for people with disabilities. I can not believe I paid $130 to stay in such poor accomodations. If you require handicap accessible, do yourself the favor, drive the extra 10 minutes to the Four Winds. They know how to accomodate their guests with disabilities.

Room Tip: Do not Stay in 101 BCT.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Sarah S, Boyd Gaming Customer Service at Blue Chip Casino Hotel Spa, responded to this reviewResponded February 12, 2013

Thank you for your feedback regarding the product quality you experienced at Blue Chip Casino, Hotel and Spa. Your comments have been shared with our Housekeeping and Facilities departments so that we might continue to improve our product and service standards. Furthermore, we appreciate you taking the time to speak with the Director of Hotel Operations yesterday. We sincerely value your patronage and look forward to welcoming you back to Blue Chip in the near future.

Reviewed February 3, 2013

Stay in the Blue Spa Tower. Rooms awesome in Blue Spa Tower. Steak house excellent!
Sports bar excellent! Gaming has lots of choices and large. Week day prices very fair, week end prices too high.Workout facility very nice, I have not used the spa service. Close to many local places, outlet mall, beach, micro brewery, etc.

Room Tip: If you have a nice evening get a high room that looks over the lake, you can see Chicago across the...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed January 20, 2013

Spent a great weekend at the Blue Chip Casino. Everyone (well except the waitress at William B's Steakhouse) couldn't have been more friendly and helpful. We had the Luxury King suite. Very nice room. The TV instruction card said we should have had on demand movies but the TV and remote did not provide that option. The casino had a good selection of games and slots. We never really had any trouble finding a table. The pit bosses quickly learned our names and welcomed us each day. We didn't get a chance to check out the pool. Maybe next time. We will be back.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Keith C
Reviewed December 8, 2012

Blue Chip has a nice hotel, very good dining, a large casino and wonderful indoor pool. We didn't use the spa but one is available. The spa blue tower rooms are pretty nice. It's not the Wynn in Las Vegas but it's a nice hotel & casino. Housekeeping staff was very nice. We had a quiet corner room with 2 walls of electronic curtains & a slight view of the lake. The room had a coffee pot and small refrigerator. We ate at It's Vegas Baby and thought the food we had was really good. The steak house was excellent too. Room service was great.
If you like swimming, the pool (located in the older tower) is quite nice. It's fun to come in from the winter weather & go swimming in the pool. The rooms in spa tower are a bit of a walk to the pool so you need a cover up or robe. We previously stayed in a small suite in the older building which was very nice.
We gambled in the casino. The dealers were friendly & the casino was kept very clean for a smoking casino. There is a good variety of slot machines.
There is shopping nearby - both an outdoor outlet mall & a regular mall.

Room Tip: On line you can do a virtual tour of the rooms. We had a corner room on week nights which was espec...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
3  Thank JC A
Reviewed November 19, 2012

First of all, to get the internet rate you have to use either a lap or desk top. I tried making a reservation with my smart phone last night and the reservation would not go through. Also just having a "club card" means nothing unless you're an active player to get any sort of discount (in most of our experience, having a member card is good enough for a member discount). The guest services lady we dealt with was accommodating but too bad so sad on not being able to get the internet rate or club member rate. The room was nice enough but it was difficult to get the room comfortable - the drapes kept blowing above the air conditioner - and the room was either cold or warm. We had a room with only a shower - the door pushes inward - you are inside the shower to turn the water on - I got hit with a shock of ice cold water as I was trying to get the water warm! Typical amenities in the room.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the city side - our room was on the water side and we heard trains all night long...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Michigan City
Hampton Inn & Suites Michigan City
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Michigan City
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Michigan City
Baymont Inn & Suites Michigan City
Holiday Inn Express New Buffalo
Fairfield Inn & Suites New Buffalo

Been to Blue Chip Casino Hotel Spa? Share your experiences!