All reviewssports barnew towervegas babyolder towerfloor to ceiling windowstable gameswalk in showerview of lake michiganparking garagelas vegasget awaynice showerrooms are niceoutlet mallstayed one nightking roomwashington park
Reviewed November 11, 2012

We spent a girls weekend in Union Pier, Michigan. One of the nights we decided to go to the Blue Chip Casino. The casino was a lot of fun. I had won pretty big on a slot machine so I decided to treat my friends to a round of drinks while we listened to the band playing in The Rock Bar. After placing my 4 drink order and handed a $100 bill to the bartender ~ he gave me a receipt with $20 dollars on it. I asked for my change and he said that I had given him a $20 and we were "even". I said I was sure I gave you a $100 bill and he said "no I don't have any $100's in my drawer." I checked my purse and was sure I gave him the $100. He said "my word against yours" ... so please remember if you go there one of the bartenders at the Rock bar doesn't give the correct change / pockets money instead of ringing up drink orders. BE CAREFUL....He is a liar and a thief!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
8  Thank BernadetteS804
Sarah S, Boyd Gaming Digital Marketing Manager at Blue Chip Casino Hotel Spa, responded to this reviewResponded November 14, 2012

We are very concerned to read your comments posted online and would like an opportunity to discuss them in detail if you would be kind enough to contact us at 888-879-7711. Thank you.

Reviewed November 8, 2012

It was our first visit to the Blue Chip and we didn't know what to expect. We had a very satisfactory visit . None of the casinos are really loose but I found the Blue Chip not too bad. Our room was not in the new part but it was clean and comfortable. We would go again and probably will in the spring.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 7, 2012

My first and last visit to this casino left me NOT impressed.

The casino itself is OK, but the rooms leave A LOT to be desired. The best feature is the awesome shower with glass doors. The room did appear to be clean, but minimal in decor and amenities.

Two long, flat uncomfortable pillows on the bed and NO blankets, just sheets. The sheets were extremely scratchy and not comfortable.

The room was extremely noisy and we were woke up MANY times by people in the next room shouting and such.

I doubt I would ever stay at this location again.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Sarah S, Boyd Gaming Digital Marketing Manager at Blue Chip Casino Hotel Spa, responded to this reviewResponded November 13, 2012

Thank you for your feedback regarding the product quality you experienced at Blue Chip Casino, Hotel and Spa. Your comments have been shared with our Housekeeping and Security departments so that we might continue to improve our product and service standards. We would welcome an opportunity to speak further about your visit to our property. We can be reached toll-free at (888) 879-7711. Again, we appreciate you taking the time to share your thoughts about our property. We hope that you will consider giving Blue Chip another opportunty in the future.

Reviewed November 5, 2012

We spent the night at the Blue Chip in Michigan City for their slot tournament. It was an awesome deal with all meals included. The room we had was in the tower at the end of the hall where the building curves so it was really nice. The Lighthouse Mall is probably less than a mile away too!

Room Tip: As for aroom at the end along the curve.
Reviewed November 1, 2012

We stayed here for one night and were not interested in the casino. It is just one of the nicer hotels in the area and close to where we needed to be. Our room was very large with floor to ceiling windows. We had a view looking out over Lake Michigan and skies were clear enough to see the Chicago skyline. Many lighting features in the room to accommodate any of your moods and all switches are clearly marked (very nice touch). The bathroom is like being in your own spa. Large enough for two people to get ready at the same time. Front desk was extremely friendly and helpful. Would stay here again if in town. Regarding the smoke comments. It is smokey in the casino, but smelling the stench on the spa tower elevators really was a turn off. Come on Blue Chip figure that one out.