“Excellent”

Blue Chip Casino Hotel Spa
Ranked #3 of 16 Hotels in Michigan City
Reviewed August 4, 2012

Spa Blu Tower - What a great place! Could not have asked anymore from a room. Super clean, was great, View excellent - lake view. Bed great. Nice dining. Front dest workers very nice. Everyone that worked there was very polite.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Doris T

Reviewed July 29, 2012

We come and stay here often. I mean many times a year and have been for many years. Often times we bring our teen boys since there is a pool and close to beach. We have NEVER had problems in the past but this time our children were hassled. I get they don't want unruly.kids running the hotel but some discretion needs used. My teens were standing in line at the cafe to order a pizza and were ushered out of line back to the room. We went to the pool they got n the area seconds before we came in and were told they were to go not allowed without parents. The gal wouldn't listen that we were right behind them. I called.the front desk and spoke to the supervisor who said nothing more than this is policy. When I advised him this hasn't always been this way he basically said I didn't know what I was talking about. We spend a ton of $ here several times a yr. And now we wont go back. It really is ridiculous.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank msditty
Sarah S, Boyd Gaming Digital Marketing Manager at Blue Chip Casino Hotel Spa, responded to this reviewResponded August 1, 2012

As the Director of Hotel Operations I was very disappointed to read that you were not satisfied with recent visit to our property. Although I understand your concerns, as a regulated gaming facility we do have restrictions in regards to unattended minors throughout the facility, including our pool area. I would welcome an opportunity to speak to you in more detail about your visit to our property. Again, we appreciate your feedback as it allows us to continually improve our service levels and overall guest satisfaction.

Reviewed July 25, 2012

Nothing to rave about. Its a casino! Smoky, loud and filled with senior citizens who will not give up their machines for a fire! Strongly recommend the Four Winds a few miles away in New Buffalo. Spa Blu is fantastic though! Event center is ok. Staff seemed overworked and tired.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed July 24, 2012

I recently stayed at the Blue Chip Hotel in Michigan City, Indiana. I requested a room in the new Spa Blu Tower and was not disappointed. The hotel not only met my expectations, it exceeded them. The room was super clean; the bed was very comfortable, and the view was exceptional. I also had a great dinner in the steakhouse. My only complaint was my lack of luck in the casino, but the hotel has no control over how people roll the dice at the craps tables. I highly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: I asked for a room in the Spa Blu Tower because of previous reviews I read on this website. I didn...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo
3  Thank cosybully
Reviewed July 17, 2012

We are both emerald players so the accomadation extended to us are always top. This casino is always attentive to your needs and security is great. We also like the fact that there are many things to do in the area. It is a half way point for our familys when we are in the area and it proves consistanly to be a great choice.

Room Tip: say in the spa towers but the old hotel is a great value
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Eric S
Reviewed July 16, 2012

just happened upon this hotel as we stopped to see the dunes which were right down the street from this hotel. We got a beautiful king room in the pool tower for $105 . our room was great it was huge a king bed, very comfortable, shower was clean and large tiled separate from the sink and mirror. We had dinner in a cafe and split a roast beef sandwich and fries which was delicious and more than enough for two adults. The pool was great large and they had two hot tubs although they were really hot but nice. It was a good stay. The Casino was great we did not win but they have a poker room with texas hold em $1-$2 which my husband loves and plenty of poker machines for me. It was as nice as the ones in Vegas and much closer to home we are from cleveland, ohio area. This is a great weekend vacation and i would reccomend it to anyone,.

Room Tip: i am not sure where we stayed but it was the pool tower and it was really clean and nice.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank cinamingrl
Reviewed July 13, 2012

We have visited the hotel and casino many times. My husband and I live in middle MI. We have always enjoyed our stays. It's far enough away, but not too far.
We have always had a clean room,requests answered immediately and have never ran into any rude workers.
When calling for reservations, we have never had a problem.
After staying in the spa tower, we are spoiled. The older hotel rooms really do need make-overs.
Our Blue Chip Hotel and Casino stays have always been a good experiance. (that does not mean, we always win in the casino)
The only thing I can think of, the buffet is quite expensive. If you don't eat alot, it's hard to pay that much for a meal.

Room Tip: Stay in the spa tower.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
3 mi away
Baymont Inn & Suites Michigan City
Holiday Inn Express New Buffalo
Fairfield Inn & Suites New Buffalo

Been to Blue Chip Casino Hotel Spa? Share your experiences!