“Small town Casino”

Blue Chip Casino Hotel Spa
Ranked #3 of 16 Hotels in Michigan City
Reviewed July 25, 2012

Nothing to rave about. Its a casino! Smoky, loud and filled with senior citizens who will not give up their machines for a fire! Strongly recommend the Four Winds a few miles away in New Buffalo. Spa Blu is fantastic though! Event center is ok. Staff seemed overworked and tired.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled solo
There are newer reviews for Blue Chip Casino Hotel Spa

Reviewed July 24, 2012

I recently stayed at the Blue Chip Hotel in Michigan City, Indiana. I requested a room in the new Spa Blu Tower and was not disappointed. The hotel not only met my expectations, it exceeded them. The room was super clean; the bed was very comfortable, and the view was exceptional. I also had a great dinner in the steakhouse. My only complaint was my lack of luck in the casino, but the hotel has no control over how people roll the dice at the craps tables. I highly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: I asked for a room in the Spa Blu Tower because of previous reviews I read on this website. I didn...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo
3  Thank cosybully
Reviewed July 17, 2012

We are both emerald players so the accomadation extended to us are always top. This casino is always attentive to your needs and security is great. We also like the fact that there are many things to do in the area. It is a half way point for our familys when we are in the area and it proves consistanly to be a great choice.

Room Tip: say in the spa towers but the old hotel is a great value
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Eric S
Reviewed July 16, 2012

just happened upon this hotel as we stopped to see the dunes which were right down the street from this hotel. We got a beautiful king room in the pool tower for $105 . our room was great it was huge a king bed, very comfortable, shower was clean and large tiled separate from the sink and mirror. We had dinner in a cafe and split a roast beef sandwich and fries which was delicious and more than enough for two adults. The pool was great large and they had two hot tubs although they were really hot but nice. It was a good stay. The Casino was great we did not win but they have a poker room with texas hold em $1-$2 which my husband loves and plenty of poker machines for me. It was as nice as the ones in Vegas and much closer to home we are from cleveland, ohio area. This is a great weekend vacation and i would reccomend it to anyone,.

Room Tip: i am not sure where we stayed but it was the pool tower and it was really clean and nice.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank cinamingrl
Reviewed July 13, 2012

We have visited the hotel and casino many times. My husband and I live in middle MI. We have always enjoyed our stays. It's far enough away, but not too far.
We have always had a clean room,requests answered immediately and have never ran into any rude workers.
When calling for reservations, we have never had a problem.
After staying in the spa tower, we are spoiled. The older hotel rooms really do need make-overs.
Our Blue Chip Hotel and Casino stays have always been a good experiance. (that does not mean, we always win in the casino)
The only thing I can think of, the buffet is quite expensive. If you don't eat alot, it's hard to pay that much for a meal.

Room Tip: Stay in the spa tower.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Susan R
Reviewed July 12, 2012

My husband and I thought we would get a luxury break here for a few days but luxury was not in sight!Room was small and bed had only two sheets on it no duvet. Tv remote was like the ones you buy in a dollar store and although the bathroom in the spa tower was nice it had no bath and very cheap toilet paper. Nothing luxurious about it!Even the clock radio didn't work! Having a hard time figuring out how this hotel got 4 stars!We have a 6 month old and the crib they provided for her was a death trap. Will not come back here again.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Sarah S, Boyd Gaming Digital Marketing Managet at Blue Chip Casino Hotel Spa, responded to this reviewResponded July 18, 2012

Thank you for your feedback regarding your disappointment with the product quality you experienced at Blue Chip Casino, Hotel & Spa. Your concerns with the cribs we provide as an amenity have been discussed with our Housekeeping Manager for inspection and replacement. As the Director of Hotel Operations I would welcome an opportunity to speak further about your visit to our property. I can be reached by calling our toll-free number at (888) 879-7711. Again, we appreciate your feedback as it allows us to continually improve our service levels and overall guest satisfaction.

Reviewed July 9, 2012

I took my niece here for a weekend get away for her birthday. We stayed in the Blue Chip Tower which must have been in the older rooms. The room was pretty small, but clean and comfortable. I did ask for a roll away bed, never got it. That was ok because the room was small. Had a view that was overlooking the marina. Actually saw several large fish in the water.
The shower was pretty big, no tub. I had a problem trying to adjust the shower head, but maybe that was because I am short.
There was a power outage at the hotel. The casino went dark for a while, maybe 3 minutes. I was on a limited income so only ate at Nelson's Deli. The food there was really good. Prices were reasonable considering how food you got. Big portions.
Employees were very friendly and helpful. The shuttle ride from the train station to the hotel was good as well. I will book another trip, but will stay in the new tower.

Room Tip: Try the newer tower.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Michigan City
Baymont Inn & Suites Michigan City
Holiday Inn Express New Buffalo
Fairfield Inn & Suites New Buffalo

Been to Blue Chip Casino Hotel Spa? Share your experiences!