“Just a small break”

Blue Chip Casino Hotel Spa
Ranked #3 of 16 Hotels in Michigan City
Reviewed July 13, 2012

We have visited the hotel and casino many times. My husband and I live in middle MI. We have always enjoyed our stays. It's far enough away, but not too far.
We have always had a clean room,requests answered immediately and have never ran into any rude workers.
When calling for reservations, we have never had a problem.
After staying in the spa tower, we are spoiled. The older hotel rooms really do need make-overs.
Our Blue Chip Hotel and Casino stays have always been a good experiance. (that does not mean, we always win in the casino)
The only thing I can think of, the buffet is quite expensive. If you don't eat alot, it's hard to pay that much for a meal.

Room Tip: Stay in the spa tower.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Susan R

Reviewed July 12, 2012

My husband and I thought we would get a luxury break here for a few days but luxury was not in sight!Room was small and bed had only two sheets on it no duvet. Tv remote was like the ones you buy in a dollar store and although the bathroom in the spa tower was nice it had no bath and very cheap toilet paper. Nothing luxurious about it!Even the clock radio didn't work! Having a hard time figuring out how this hotel got 4 stars!We have a 6 month old and the crib they provided for her was a death trap. Will not come back here again.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Sarah S, Boyd Gaming Digital Marketing Managet at Blue Chip Casino Hotel Spa, responded to this reviewResponded July 18, 2012

Thank you for your feedback regarding your disappointment with the product quality you experienced at Blue Chip Casino, Hotel & Spa. Your concerns with the cribs we provide as an amenity have been discussed with our Housekeeping Manager for inspection and replacement. As the Director of Hotel Operations I would welcome an opportunity to speak further about your visit to our property. I can be reached by calling our toll-free number at (888) 879-7711. Again, we appreciate your feedback as it allows us to continually improve our service levels and overall guest satisfaction.

Reviewed July 9, 2012

I took my niece here for a weekend get away for her birthday. We stayed in the Blue Chip Tower which must have been in the older rooms. The room was pretty small, but clean and comfortable. I did ask for a roll away bed, never got it. That was ok because the room was small. Had a view that was overlooking the marina. Actually saw several large fish in the water.
The shower was pretty big, no tub. I had a problem trying to adjust the shower head, but maybe that was because I am short.
There was a power outage at the hotel. The casino went dark for a while, maybe 3 minutes. I was on a limited income so only ate at Nelson's Deli. The food there was really good. Prices were reasonable considering how food you got. Big portions.
Employees were very friendly and helpful. The shuttle ride from the train station to the hotel was good as well. I will book another trip, but will stay in the new tower.

Room Tip: Try the newer tower.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank traveler50chi
Reviewed July 3, 2012

My husband and I went away for two days as we were not away in two years. I am not sure why we chosed the Blue Chip as I had a bad experience with two representives that answered the phone when I called at night to ask questions they told me to call back in the morning. Then I asked for the manager and she was not better. I was calling about the something blue and I could not do it as it is not offered on Wed. Then our room was dirty and they said when I called to call back in the morning and they had in the notes I told them I wanted no one to come up and clean. Tina was great though the house keeping manager. Julie the hotel manager was awful never called backed as our mini refridge was not working the sensors by the bed for the curtains did not work right. Oh and we paid the highest price for the room and was told we would not see the parking lot and only the lake. Well the trees blocked the lake and we saw the parking lot. They need to work on customer service as til this date the manager never called me about the complaints. All in all the casino is fun and the buffett is ok.

Room Tip: I only stayed in the new tower and I would say to stay in there ing when you first get in there. If...
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank disappointedwife
Management response:Responded July 9, 2012

Thank you for your feedback regarding the service levels and product quality you experienced at Blue Chip Casino, Hotel & Spa. Please understand that the service described is not indicative of the high standards we hold ourselves to here at Blue Chip. As the Director of Hotel Operations I would welcome an opportunity to speak further about your visit to our property. Again, we appreciate your feedback as it allows us to continually improve our service levels and overall guest satisfaction.

Reviewed July 3, 2012

exceptionally clean rooms, big nice showers, and beautiful vanity tables with lighted makeup mirrors...very comfy beds....terrific rooms and that is just on the regular tower side the spa side is even better with contemporary decor and a calming feel. the prices may seem a lil steep especially on weekends or holidays but i have found it to be totally worth it. the casino is jumping! there is entertainment everywhere from venue performances, to the club its vegas baby, and if you don't wanna splurge a lil extra on these they have ya covered. there is a lounge out on the floor with free entertainment right next to a big ol bar with stools to sit at and enjoy the show or you can find a spot on one of the sofas surrounding the dance floor in front of the stage and get comfy there. people dance, people laugh, it's a good time. the buffet is wonderful a wide variety of foods from burgers to prime rib to snow crab legs. and the food always tastes hot and fresh. so far they are doing a great job at this place!

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank jaliscobb
Management response:Responded July 10, 2012

Thank you for your wonderful remarks posted online, which I have shared with our team. We are thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your stay, and look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed June 26, 2012

The new tower has great rooms with comfortable beds and a large high end bathroom with a walk in marble shower. Pay the few extra dollars to get in the new hotel side! Ask for a corner room if you want a double wall of windows that has automatic shades that open for a neat view. The spa looked nice; however, I did not use it. The workout facility is right near the spa and it is has great (new) equipment. The pool was OK, but nothing spectacular. The casino area is nicely kept and has table games with live dealers and lots of slots.

Room Tip: Corner rooms have a double wall of windows with automatic shades that open up for a cool view.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank riskmanager4u
Reviewed June 22, 2012

Very nice hotel when it comes to the spa blue tower. We live about 2 1/2 hours away near indy and try to make it up every four or five months. When we do we spend about and average of $2000 between the four of us. Not much but a decent amount for middle class guys just having a night out. Well, with all that said usually one of us wins and the rest lose everything. Now my complaint with the comp system. Blue chips has always been generous with their comps until now. I have always received free rooms, slot credits, and free buffets. Needless to say it worked and brought us to drive 2 1/2 hours with gas being almost $4 a gallon. Now I am getting a special drawing once a month and that is it. I don't know what changed with you guys. I love the hotel and casino but it is not worth the gas when Anderson, IN has one a lot closer. Please address this issue as it really does make a difference with the long distance travelers.

Mike McKibben
Kokomo, IN

Room Tip: Not much of a view but great interiors!
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with friends
Holiday Inn Express New Buffalo
Red Roof Inn Michigan City
Red Roof Inn Michigan City
#10 of 16 in Michigan City

Been to Blue Chip Casino Hotel Spa? Share your experiences!