“More than just margaritas!”
Review of El Bracero

El Bracero
Ranked #53 of 155 Restaurants in Michigan City
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed September 6, 2013

This is a stop we've made before to visit with old high school classmates. The food is great and the margaritas are too! It's just a fun and inviting place to dine!

Reviewed September 3, 2013

Food was excellent! We were looking for authentic Mexican food, and this was definitely the place to get it. Prices were reasonable, and food portions good. Would eat here again!

1  Thank BonnieV537
Reviewed August 1, 2013

We frequently go to El Bracero and have found the food always fantastic, plenty of it, reasonable prices and not hot/spicy unless you want it to be. I have probably had at least 10 different items on different occasions and pretty much everything is great. If I didn't like it, it was a personal thing and not how it was prepared. Complimentary chips and salsa are great and they have a full bar now. The waiters are always pleasant (Martin our personal favorite) and fast and efficient. If you haven't tried it, give the Jalisco Special a try - tons of food, tastes great! I end up with a dinner and two lunches out of all they give to you (with extra tortillas)

2  Thank Antiquelover2
Reviewed July 29, 2013

Service at El Bracero was mediocre - they seemed understaffed for a Friday night. We had a rather long wait before even getting some water but, once ordered, the meal came pretty quickly. The food was just "okay" but authentic Mexican and very reasonably priced. Atmosphere is diner-like but the booth was fairly comfortable. I'd go back for the food if I wasn't in a hurry or concerned about the service.

1  Thank fotobug
Reviewed July 21, 2013

The table was still dirty when we were seated... The wait staff acted bored and not really caring about doing a good job. The margarita I ordered was one of the weakest I have had. Food was decent but nothing to rave about.
I would rank this as an 'average' Mexican restaurant.

1  Thank kryston