“For something different”

Cuisines: Indian
Description: ph. 219 874 5700
Description: ph. 219 874 5700
Reviewed August 26, 2012

This is a relatively new addition to Michigan City, and has not yet developed a following. So it is easy to find a table and enjoy the buffet.

1  Thank GrandPotentate

Reviewed August 24, 2012

The lunch buffet here is a real treat, allowing you to try so many of the items for one great price. They serve many of the traditional indian dishes masala, paneer, tandoori chicken, rice, samosa, vegatable pakora, dal, and so much more. Food is spiced with traditional indian spices, each dish has it own unique flavor. naan bread is hot and fantasitic with lunch to dip in sauces with meals.

1  Thank Laura P
Reviewed July 23, 2012

I found this restaurant on the internet and since my daughter and I love Indian food we planned ahead to make it our dinner stop when headed home to the Chicago area. It is a straight shot from exit 34B when traveling on Interstate 94. For my money it's a much better choice than a lot of the places people typically stop when traveling. It was Sunday evening and we ordered from the menu since the buffet is only served at lunch. We were greeted with a complementary basket of papadum. It's always nice to have a little something to start snacking on while reviewing the menu. :) We started with an order of vegetable samosas. They were good. Not the best I've ever eaten but good. The filling could have used more flavor but I liked the dough. Then we ordered two pretty common dishes, butter chicken and aloo gobi. Both dishes came with rice. We also ordered 2 plain naan. I like to order plain naan because I use it as my eating utensil, tearing little pieces and using to pick up my food. Anyway, both the butter chicken and aloo gobi were delicious. We ordered them medium on the spice scale and I would say they were pretty right on for us. I know that one person's hot is another persons mild, so that can be difficult to rate for others. Both dishes definitely had lots of delicious flavor apart from whether or not you would consider them spicy. The naan were good. Not special but good. Sometimes naan is great and you just can't stop eating it. This was not at that level but I don't really have anything bad to say about it. Although, we did feel the naan were a bit small compared to what most restaurants serve. The staff was very nice and attentive. Overall, we enjoyed it and I'll go back when traveling thru that area again. I would definitely recommend it to friends.

1  Thank Mekathyf
Reviewed June 18, 2012

Just finished llunch here. I love Indian food, but the food here was bland & everything tasted the same,

Reviewed May 28, 2012

We had the lunch buffet, and everything was great. There is a large selection, and all of the dishes were quite tasty.

1  Thank Bern666