“"Large Breakfeast"”

Sophia's House of Pancakes
Ranked #8 of 149 Restaurants in Michigan City
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Kids
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Brunch, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Hoffman Estates, Illinois
“"Large Breakfeast"”
Reviewed October 23, 2013

Stopped in Michigan City for gas on 10/20/13 and had passed the restaurant many times.We wanted to give it a try for breakfeast. Staff very friendly from owner to bus boys. Big amount of food. Food and service was good. Would go back again when in the area,

• Visited October 2013

“The owner is obnoxious and hateful to staff”
Reviewed September 30, 2013

I was appalled at the way the owner treated his hostess. He was insulting her, cursing at her and i even saw him grab her arm and pull her...hard!! I felt so bad for this lady as she was very pleasant with a lovely personality. Especially as she walked away crying. I don't plan on returning there again EVER. I just hope that nice hostess will be ok

5 Thank lastgirls
LaPorte
“Better than I Thought”
Reviewed September 10, 2013

Two of us went there for breakfast and had a nice surprise. I had crepes with strawberry's and chocolate with whipped cream on them, oh my, so good! My husband had an Irish skillet and it was big and he loved it. The place was clean inside and out which is always my first concern. The hostess was very friendly and we didn't have to stand and wait. The server was nice, she checked on us several times during the meal. The price for the two of us was about $21.00. Not bad at all.
We will be going back again soon.

Portage, Indiana
“Delicious Breakfast!”
Reviewed September 4, 2013

On Labor Day 2013 I was at my friend's house in Michigan City/La Porte. She suggested we go for breakfast and said that Sophia's has good breakfast food. I had seen the restaurant advertised before but had never been. When we got there it was very full. My friend put her name in, we figured we would have to wait a very long time, there were about 20 people waiting to be seated. She told the host/owner that we had an errand to run and we'd be back. He told her that if we came back he would seat us right away. So we ran our errand and about 10-15 minutes later we went back to Sophia's and were seated within two minutes. Unfortunately, they were understaffed and we were waited on by someone who is not normally a server and he was a bit awkward. However, once we got our food it was very good. I got the Mediterranean frittata which was huge. It had hash browns, green olives, onion, and tomato in it with feta cheese on top. It also came with a "grain". I chose French toast with whipped cream and powdered sugar. I also could have chosen pancakes or waffles. Along with the French toast and frittata, I got a side of bacon. The bacon was average but the French toast was deliciously awesome as was the frittata. The interior and decorations need a little updating, but I would definitely go again. My friends enjoyed their food as well.

• Visited September 2013
“Okay place for breakfast”
Reviewed September 4, 2013

Had breakfast with the family here on Labor Day weekend. We were seated quickly which was great. However, service was slow after that. Food was just okay. They don't offer any other kind of jelly other than orange???

• Visited August 2013