“I felt deceived, there's a sign that says their is a $199.99 weekly rate and they will not honor it.” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Red Roof Inn Michigan City

and 1 more site!
Red Roof Inn Michigan City
Ranked #10 of 16 Hotels in Michigan City
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 28, 2013

I arrive in Michigan City at 3 o'clock on a Saturday afternoon. I in formed the front desk clerk I was alone and I be staying for approximately a week looking a houses. My room was 49.99 + tax and fees per night I asked the girl behind the desk if I could get a better rate and I was informed that I could not. I informed her that I'd go online and see if I can get a better and she encouraged me to do so. Now making a long story short. Toward the end of the week it was pointed out to me that they're offering a $199.99 weekly special. When I inquired about this I was told I could not have it was on select rooms only. The sign hanging outside the hotel did not say that it said $199.99 weekly special rate. After complaining to the management they offered me 1 free night stay. Which I really thought was pretty poor of them. I felt very deceived over the whole thing considering I spent 7 days there. I personally will never ever go back there again. There was no fridge,no coffee maker, the mattresses were old dated and sagging in the middle. The bottom of the bathtub was black. All I can say is I felt cheated and very deceived to me when you post a sign that says a weekly rate and then you don't honor it is pretty crappy. I wish I could attach the photo of the sign to this review for all to see.

• Stayed January 2013
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
BARonzone, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Michigan City, responded to this review, February 17, 2013
I am sorry were not able meet you needs and made you feel deceived. We would like to have you as our guest again so we can exceed your expectations next time.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Indianapolis, Indiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 26, 2013

I was there in Nov, 2012 and had a good experience so when I had to come back Jan 23, 2013 (my son was scheduled for a heart cath), I made sure to stop in again. I didn't realize that the motel had a 100% non-smoking rule until this time but I love it. I only needed one bed so I wound up in a room which was considered semi-handicap accessible. Turned out the bath/shower has four grab rails in it along with a removable shower nozzle. Also two grab rails around the toilet. Since I turn 68 this summer, both were appreciated. I'm not disabled (and still work) but I do have a leg which feels like it wants to give way sometimes. My wife does use a walker and, even with it, can't walk far so this will be nice for my next trip if she can come with me. I talked with the front desk clerk (Cathy? or Casey?) and the guy (Paul) who is working to update the motel about ideas since my wife can't lie flat and really needs a recliner to sleep in. I did have some trouble sleeping but it is because I work nights and sleep days so it wasn't a motel problem but rather my normal sleep pattern problem and it happens at home as well. I do plan to be back this spring. By the way, my son came thru his exam alright and they said they didn't find any problems.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
BARonzone, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Michigan City, responded to this review, January 30, 2013
Thank you for the nice words and I am glad to hear your son is doing well. I have a great staff and I am glad they treated you so well. We look forward to your return to us,
Trail Creek
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 25, 2012

After having a long day all I wanted was a bed but I got more. My stay was nice, quiet and comfortable. The staff was very nice...The first thing I saw was a beautiful smile welcoming me and at 2 a.m I dont know how any one could be so happy .....Phyllis is a very nice and easy going...I nearly forgot how tiresome my day had been....My room was nice and clean. The rate was reasonable. I had a comfortable stay....thank you

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you so much for you kind words and for staying with us, I am so happy you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to the next time you come back to see us.
Beverly Shores
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 23, 2012

See attached review. Whenever I travel, I always seek Red Roof hospitality, anywhere I may find myself. This has been so far more than forty years of my life. I've stayed at Reed Roof Inns in the states of New Jersey, New Hampshire, Massachusetts, Pennsylvania, Arkansas, Missouri, Georgia and in numerous cities throughout the years. I can say without any reservations (yuk, yuk) that Casey is the most friendly, personable and professionally adept human being I have ever met and dealt with. She is a rare jewel working your business oeprations at #007 Red Roof. I've run into many types of people during my 70 years on this good Earth, but I've never met anyone like Casey; that the positive qualities she possesses are astounding and approach super-human. Casey should be elevated to a position of top management in the near future!! She has it all!!!

Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
BARonzone, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Michigan City, responded to this review, November 29, 2012
WOW you are right Casey is GREAT! Thank you for being our guest and I am so happy that we made you feel at home.We look forward to the next time you stay with us.
Canton, Ohio
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 31, 2012

Pretty clean, within walking distance of about 12 different restaurants. Close to the lake shore and the Indiana dunes park. Lady at the desk upon check-in was proffessional but not exactly friendly. Definitely worth the money.

They are in the discount hotel books you get at rest stops on the highway.

Room Tip: On the back, away from the busy street.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
BARonzone, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Michigan City, responded to this review, November 5, 2012
Thank you for taking the time out of your busy schedule to post a wonderful review. We are so pleased that you are enjoying your stay and the service that is being provided.

I will make sure to share your comments with our team. Feedback from our guests is always welcome as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services.

It is truly a pleasure having you as our guest We hope to see you again in the future..
Huntington, Indiana
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 2, 2012

very reasonable rates, quiet,clean. nothing extra like a coffee pot, hairdryer, iron, ect. and no breakfast. If you want a no thrills place, this is the place to come!close to many.close to many restaurant and close to my destination

Room Tip: nobody was above me but I might suggest a 2nd floor room if they are busy. no e,evator
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
BARonzone, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Michigan City, responded to this review, October 23, 2012

It is truly a pleasure having you as our guest.
Moline, Illinois
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 24, 2012

We spent two nights here while in town for a wedding. We chose it basically because of the price was somewhat lower than other places in the area. The first night was rough, no fault of the hotel itself, but there we people running up and down the balcony late into the night and talking very loudly. So needless to say we didn't get much sleep and we have a 6 month old baby. The next night was peaceful and quiet!

The room itself was nothing fancy, basic double beds, small bathroom, not much for amenities, but I guess you get what you pay for. It's location is close to Interstate 94, which worked well for us and there are alot of restaurants and shopping nearby.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
I apologize for your experience at our inn. Not only is our goal to provide a nice place for a nice price to all our guests but we strive to achieve a level of safety and cleanliness that exceeds all of our guest’s expectations. We strive to meet all of our guests needs and I am very sorry that we failed you and did not leave you with a better overall experience that we hope for. We would love for the chance to show you a great experience the next time you are in town.