“Great value, lots of dog running”
Review of Cool Springs Inn

Cool Springs Inn
Ranked #6 of 16 Hotels in Michigan City
South Tamworth, New Hampshire, United States
“Great value, lots of dog running”
Reviewed April 24, 2014 via mobile

Cute little motor court style motel. As I stay the owners are sprucing it up. There is a huge field and some woods where a dog can run. If you are tired of marching your dog around concrete parking lots near conventional hotels, this is a great break in that routine. Rooms are not large, but they are clean and comfortable. Microwave, small fridge, fine towels and bedding, lots more channels on the TV than I could watch. I received complimentary bottled water in my room.

Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
2 Thank Annie R

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Jerome, MI
Reviewed April 12, 2014 via mobile

Stayed here 1 night enroute to Chicago. It is a small local motel off the highway, newly remodeled, super clean, comfy, and quiet. Owner definately makes you feel welcome. Would definately recommend to anyone traveling in the area looking forward to a good night's sleep

Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
3 Thank lpski
Owensboro, Kentucky
Reviewed February 22, 2014 via mobile

This hotel is a good, basic stay, no frills inn. The room was absolutely spotless. It has been remodeled and all fixtures in the bathroom were brand new. Nice tv. Microwave in room. Bottled water in frig.

The water does smell funny but it smells like sulfur water. It was clear and I used the bottled water to brush my teeth. They do not provide shampoo so bring your own. There is no hair dryer in the room but they have one you can use. (I forgot mine). There is no iron in the room either. The shower soap dispenser did not work so I had to use the sink soap.

The outside of the inn has obviously been remodeled and is attractive. The room was quiet and comfortable and I have to reiterate, it was spotless!

The annoyance of the soap, shampoo, and hair dryer would not keep us from staying here again. The price is great and the cleanliness of the room and bathroom is important. The sulfur smell of the water is something you should consider. We though, will stay here again.

Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
3 Thank BudNLily
Reviewed November 29, 2013

I was on my solo trip from New York to Chicago to pick up Route 66 and travel through to LA. I was looking for somewhere to stay on the outskirts of Chicago, with a view to travel into the city early the next morning to find the start of teh 'Mother Road' and Lou Mitchell's restaurant. I booked well in advanced as I was planning my trip, when I arrived I was made to feel very welcome. The room was clean and big enough for what I needed. Good bed, clean room, hot water and a very good nights sleep. I would recommend Cool Springs to anyone passing through the area.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
4 Thank Andy K
Portage
Reviewed November 7, 2013

Hello fellow Travelers here is my 2nd review of this great Ma & Pa Inn that I stayed at for 4 days this fall.
It had been a little over a year since my last visit and almost didn't recognize the place!
If it wasn't for the Cool Springs Inn sign out front I would have drove right on by.
Owner Tom has given this Cute and Cozy place a Complete Facelift on the outside with the perfect log cabin look that fits the Inns Country setting very nicely.
I rented the double room closest to the road near the main office that I stayed in last summer and it was as Clean and fresh as my last visit with fresh bed sheets and comforters, my bed was more comfortable than the one I sleep in at home! and I slept very well every night in my quiet room.
My rooms air conditioning and heat on the Cool mornings worked perfect and with all the new LED lights outside the place now everything was well lit and made me feel safe too.

The bathroom had a fresh set of towels and wash cloths, my fridge in the room had cold bottled water water to drink and the rooms cable tv worked great.
I really like what Tom has done to the place and definitely plan on staying here for all my future visits.
Are there more luxurious Hotels to stay at? most certainly and for a price I am sure, but if you enjoy a relaxing laid back country style Inn on a budget like myself well this is my top pick for the Northern Indiana area, located about 10 minutes from the best restaurants in the area,
Cool Spring Inn is probably one of the best kept secrets in Michigan City and don't forget folks it's in the Country!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
10 Thank Miguel S
Reviewed November 4, 2013 via mobile

Let me start bye saying BEDS R COMFY!!! Big mattress ~ look like pillow tops..... Huge bonus!!!

Have stayed here a few times and will continue to give them my business, they are friendly outgoing, makers of great coffee, the place is getting a face lift (lots of remodeling) looks great, feels great, clean, new bathrooms, flat screen TV's with dish. Great Stay Great Price Great Coffee & Great costumer relations

• Stayed November 2013
2 Thank Vrodd
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed October 19, 2013

Stayed here for 3 days during a Notre Dame football weekend. Clean comfortable, no frills room
Free Internet, quiet location and comfortable beds
They're doing an exterior renovation. It's a log cabin split log facade. Since I'm in the construction industry I took an interest to talk to the gentlemen doing the work. He said it was all custom wood reclaimed from an old barn in the area. The workmanship was excellent, which speaks volumns on the care the owner takes in his property
I would definetly stay here again, good value for the money

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple