“EXCELLENT SERVICE BEGINNING TO END”

Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Michigan City
Ranked #1 of 16 Hotels in Michigan City
Reviewed November 18, 2013

Speedy, friendly service. Clean and inviting room. Good room rate and good quick start breakfast. Amanda Beadles, our reservation person was very helpful and followed through with the reservation. Would stay there anytime we are traveling through. This was our first stay at a Microtel and we will stay at others based on this stay.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham
Derrick S, Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Michigan City, responded to this reviewResponded December 6, 2013

Dear Karen E.,
Thank you for the positive feedback about your experience and thanks for the Kudos to Amanda! She will be recognized and given a small bonus for making your day. Please come back and see us again soon and thank you.

Reviewed November 17, 2013

Review collected in partnership with Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham

Reviewed November 14, 2013

We were very impressed with the hotel. The extended breakfast bar was a very nice treat hot waffles, multiple muffins, fresh fruit, yogurt, juices, coffee, hot and cold cereal, bagels and toast and biscuits and gravy. The hotel is conveniently located to the casino and shopping at the outlets, however there is no shuttle! We wanted a small bar in the area closer to the hotel to unwind and let off some steam, there isn't one close by 4 miles, near the casino. If you wanna dance and hang out just stay at the casino there is a lot going on there! We will definitely be back with their cozy beds, and modern conveniences! Such a nice place for a great price

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
Derrick S, Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Michigan City, responded to this reviewResponded November 16, 2013

Dear 5burfs,
Thank you for staying at our Microtel Inn and Suites. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed our many amenities and the breakfast. We work very closely with the casino and next time you are in town we can arrange for a very reasonably priced taxi for you and your friends. Safe travels until next time and all the best!

Reviewed November 12, 2013

My husband and I reserved a room for Sunday, November 10 based on the reviews on Tripadvisor. We were not disappointed. The room was very clean and nicely decorated. The bed was comfortable (I did not like my pillow, but hubby said his was fine.). The bathroom was clean and plenty of nice towels. The shower was very good. The hallway had a fresh clean smell and the elevator was good. We stayed in room 326 and it was quiet - no hallway or outside noise. The room had a refrigerator and microwave which we did not use. The breakfast in the morning was good. Fresh fruit, yogurt, several kinds of bagels, muffins, waffles, juice, coffee and cereal. The location of the hotel is good. Close to almost any kind of restaurant you would want. Close to the highway and antique mall. The directions we were given to the casino were a little out of date - you can no longer enter the casino parking lot from the rear of the property off 8th to Union St. You have to go around to the entrance on Michigan. I would stay in the hotel again.

Room Tip: Our room 326 was quiet.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear MaryKay,
Thank you for putting your review of our hotel out here for our future guests. We are glad you chose to stay with us and we look forward to seeing you and the girls on the next visit!

Reviewed November 10, 2013

I stayed here because of the good ratings on Tripadvisor, but our stay didn't impress me. Our room was not well cleaned. There was some kind of crud on the bathroom door jamb. At breakfast they had one man trying to check people out and keep the breakfast bar stocked and clean, so no coffee and things not cleaned up. Room was quiet and bed was comfortable.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
Derrick S, Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Michigan City, responded to this reviewResponded November 12, 2013

Dear Dovers Mom,
We apologize for your less than enjoyable experience. Next time you have an issue, we would appreciate you letting us know before you check out so we can remedy the situation for you! Sounds like you must have been here the day we had the large group check out all at once when they wiped out the breakfast before our poor night auditor could restock it! For this I apologize and mental note, it won't happen again. Best Wishes and be safe this winter!

Reviewed November 10, 2013

My family and I arrived late on a Sunday evening, exhausted after a long day of travel. I checked in at the front desk and then drove to the far end of the building as the young man that checked us in mentioned that our room was on that end. Upon arriving at our room, I opened the door and discovered that the room was not at all what we had reserved. We had reserved a room with two queen beds that also supposedly included a refrigerator and microwave. We ended up in a room with one queen bed and no refrigerator or microwave. We made it work because we were exhausted, had already unloaded things from the car, and understood that the hotel was very full that evening.

Upon departure, I discussed this with a young man at the desk and he seemed surprised upon my showing him my reservation, but he wasn't sure what he could do. I did contact the manager after our stay and he rectified the situation immediately and reimbursed us a portion of our cost.

Other than this, our experience at this Microtel was very positive. The price couldn't be beat and they had a GREAT breakfast in the morning. We only stayed one night (as we were just passing through), but I would definitely stay there again if I were ever passing through.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family

Dear Waltinho,
Thanks for sharing your POSITIVE experience even though the room was incorrect. We appreciate you choosing the Microtel Inn and Suites by Wyndham, northwest Indiana's cleanest and friendliest hotel. Thanks for staying and we look forward to seeing you next time!

Reviewed November 8, 2013

I have family in the area and have stayed in this hotel too many times to count. It has always been on the weekends. I am retired military and have always gotten a military discount when staying there. Today I called and they would not give me the military rate because it was a "weekend." Its not a bad place to stay but its nothing special either. Hey folks, it is Friday morning and you have rooms available for Friday night. I will be enjoying my discounted room around the corner. Hope you fill your empty rooms.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family

Dear Brown6613,
As a patriotic American who loves his country and is VERY thankful for our men and women who have fought for his freedom, I am very dissapointed by your experience. I am sening out a memo at once to let ALL associates know that we never..ever...ever...refuse to honor our veteran discount, regardless of how busy the hotel is!! I am sorry and please call the hotel and contact me personally the next time you are coming in. Thank you for your service!