“Clean, Good staff, Convenient, Recomended.”

Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Michigan City
Ranked #1 of 16 Hotels in Michigan City
Reviewed December 22, 2012

Very Clean. Safe. Helpful staff. Good breakfast. Close to the freeway. Easy to find. Lighted parking. I arrived late and there was no problem. Walls are a little thin; I could hear my neighbor's TV. I would definitely stay again. Paid $65 pre tax.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo
Derrick S, Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Michigan City, responded to this reviewResponded December 27, 2012

Dear Richard M,
Thank you for sharing your experience with us, we truly appreciate your feedback and are very pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us. We wish you a Happy New Year and look forward to hosting you on your next visit to the area. Thank you!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,038)

Reviewed December 18, 2012

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family

Reviewed December 18, 2012

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple

Reviewed December 11, 2012

My husband and I bought this discounted room at the Microtel on groupon. We thought a night away and finishing up on the Christmas shopping was an excellent idea:) When we got to the Inn, we were warmly greeted and given our room key. The suite was very nice. I really liked the modern decor. It was warm and inviting! The breakfast was also very good with enough seating for all. I did have one major problem with the Inn. In the night I awoke to the smell of smoke and I am not fond of that smell, never mind the fact that I have asthma. My husband smelled it also. I am not sure if it was because our door did not shut sufficiently and people were coming in smelling of smoke or if the employees, upon taking their breaks, smoked somewhere near the building where the smoke permeated our room. The beds are awesome but I did not sleep well because of the smell and woke up with a headache. Again, it may be because of the location of our room, but I was not a happy camper! The Inn is very nice. I hope this doesn't deter people from visiting the Inn but if you do not like cigarette smoke, I would look elsewhere.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Derrick S, Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Michigan City, responded to this reviewResponded December 13, 2012

Dear Mrs. Matt B,
We sincerely apologize for the problem you had with the smoke smell in your room. Although we pride ourselves on being a smoke free hotel, some people still choose to break our rules and for that I am sorry. I do hope you will contact me on your next visit to the area so I can make this situation right for you and in the future please feel free to alert the front desk agent if someone is smoking, as a rule we evict people who smoke in our hotel and we could have moved you as well. I do hope you will give us a second chance and look forward to hearing from you!

Reviewed December 8, 2012

We arrived late in the night and the customer service specialist was so cheerful and caring! She provided the absolute best customer service and put us into a very nice room.

We only stayed 1 night. Our room was very clean. The pool is small but looks nice. I used the gym which had 3 pieces of cardio equipment. I was in there alone so I didn't mind the minimal equipment.

Breakfast was also included-pretty nice spread of waffles, pastries, cereal, juice.

Overall it looks like this hotel has a great team for a successful operation-good value, customer service, and housekeeping.

• Stayed: December 2012
Derrick S, Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Michigan City, responded to this reviewResponded December 9, 2012

Dear T Gram,
Thanks for the review and thanks for staying with us. I agree with you, the fitness center could be a bit bigger but surprisingly it really doesn't get very much use. I am pleased to hear you were treated well by our team and we are gratified to hear you liked our breakfast as well. Please tell all your friends and family and we look forward to taking great care of you the next time you stay with us. Please have safe travels and great days between then and now!

Reviewed December 3, 2012