“Absolutely Perfect!!!”

Ranked #1 of 16 Hotels in Michigan City
Indianapolis, Indiana
“Absolutely Perfect!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 14, 2012

Traveled to Michigan City for a shopping trip and thoroughly enjoyed this hotel. We stayed in the queen hot tub suites and were extremely pleased. The staff was very helpful and courteous. The indoor pool was great for my grandaughter. Our beds were very comfortable and the rooms nice and clean. My favorite was the in room hot tub of course. And to top it off they had biscuits and gravy on the continental breakfast. Wow! Don't see that too often. I'll be staying there next time I head for the shopping outlets.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank redbirdrose
Derrick S, General Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Michigan City, responded to this review, August 16, 2012
Dear Rebbirdrose,
Thanks for the very positive feedback! Come see us again when you are in the area, the biscuits and gravy are on the breakfast bar but you better hurry, they go quickly. We look forward to seeing you and your grandaughter on the next trip.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
Saint Louis, Missouri
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 1, 2012

Our room was very clean. The pool was nice. But the best part was the friendly and super helpful front desk staff -- especially Elizabeth!

Dear LovesBeaches1017,
Thank you for your reply, I am very pleased to hear you enjoyed yourself while our guest. Elizabeth is definitely one of our super stars and a guest favorite! See you next time
Chicago, Illinois, United States
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 30, 2012

DO NOT STAY HERE!

My husband and I did a group booking here for our wedding in Michigan City on Memorial Day Weekend. Never again! We booked 5 months in advance and confirmed the reservation multiple times, but the day before the wedding when guests were ready to check in we found out that the hotel did not honor our reservation. They let many rooms go which should have stayed with our booking. We reserved 8 rooms on Saturday and 25 rooms on Sunday, out of which we received 5 rooms on Saturday and 12 rooms on Sunday.

You would think this mistake would be embarrassing enough for the hotel, yet the managers were not apologetic, and we ran into nothing but problems after that point. We were never offered an apology or discount. Guests had trouble checking in both that day (Saturday) and the next (Sunday) due to rooms "not available" or "not ready." We had to spend literally HOURS on the phone and at the front desk in the lobby to straighten out everything. We spent time on the phone with the hotel during our rehearsal dinner, at midnight the night before our wedding, and for more than TWO HOURS on the day after our wedding which should have been our honeymoon time.

Furthermore, there were extra charges on our credit card which the hotel could neither explain nor find in their reservation system. As a result we ended up disputing the charges with our credit card, and had the hotel sign a statement that the charges were erroneous. . . There were even more problems as well but you get the idea.

Horrible management at this place. I called the general manager twice about our experience. He never returned my phone calls nor responded to the front desk staff's efforts to contact him while we were angrily standing in the lobby. The entire place is unprofessional and poorly run. I'm surprised it's able to stay in business.

Room Tip: Avoid this place all together.
1 Thank Dawn C
Derrick S, General Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Michigan City, responded to this review, June 7, 2012
Dear Valued Guest,
I sincerely apologize for the less than pleasant experience you encountered while a guest at our hotel. I do appreciate your feedback though as we are constantly evaluating our operations to see how we can best improve the guest's experience. The Microtel Inn and Suites in Michigan City, Michigan CIty's newest hotel, is only minutes from many area attractions such as the Michigan City Dunes, Lighthouse Place Premium Outlets, The Four Winds Casino and Notre Dame University to name a few. It is neither our desire nor intent that anyone have less than a fantastic experience while our guest and I do hope you will give us a second chance. I am glad, however, that we were able to accomodate your group but I am sorry for the confusion you incurred upon check in and assure you we have since corrected this situation. Please contact me personally prior to your next visit and I will ensure you have a great stay. All the best to you!
Chicago, Illinois, United States
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 29, 2012

We made reservations on line about a week before our arrival, and reserved two rooms. Upon our late arrival, the clerk could not find our reservation! After reviewing our printed confirmation, she admitted that the computers were not working, and that this had happened several times that day.
Although our rooms were suppose to be smoke free, the rooms had an overwhelming smoke odor.
Our room was VERY cold, so I had called down to the front desk to discover that ALL of the hotel's extra blankets were in the washer or dryer. Odd, huh?
I would not return.

1 Thank Michael S
Derrick S, General Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Michigan City, responded to this review, June 4, 2012
Dear Valued Guest,
I sincerely apologize for the problems you experienced while our guest. We are constantly evaluating and assessing our operations in order to determine what is needed to improve our facility for our guests. So I thank you for your feedback that will help us to better serve future guests. The Microtel Inn and Suites in Michigan City is conveniently located just minutes from such great attractions as Blue Chip Casino, the Four Winds Casino, Indiana Dunes and a short drive to the University of Notre Dame. We are Michigan City's newest hotel and conveniently located off of interstate 94, less than 60 miles outside of Chicago.

Please contact me personally on your next visit and I will ensure you get the royal treatment in one of our premium suits for a fantastic price! You may call me at 219-210-3430 and ask for Derrick.
Westville, Indiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 23, 2012

My dad came up from Oklahoma and was very suprised with his room. He doesn't get too excited about much but when I came to get him for a trip to South Bend he had me go up to the room and look at it. WOW, a window seat/bed? and a bar! I was jealous. I'll stay here if a need ever arises and I'll definately suggest it.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 10, 2012

I was traveling from the east coast to the west coast of the states on my own. The room I ended up with was small, but the space was so well designed that I really didn't care. Everything was clean, modern, and inviting. Great quality for the price.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
Japan
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 9, 2012

We stopped in Michigan City on a cross country trip. We spent one night at the Microtel Inn. The front desk staff was very friendly and helpful. Our room (and indeed the whole hotel) was clean and bright. It was handicap accessible. The breakfast (which was included) had a selection of cereals, fruit and breakfast breads as well as make-your-own waffles, with various toppings. The hotel was very easy to get to, right off the highway and was surrounded with plenty of restaurants and shopping.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Quality Inn
Quality Inn
#9 of 16 in Michigan City
Holiday Inn Express New Buffalo

Been to Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Michigan City? Share your experiences!