Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Michigan City
Ranked #2 of 16 Hotels in Michigan City
Reviewed June 25, 2011

Stayed for 2 nights. It was clean and the staff was great. Beds were confortable, ironing board, iron, refrigerator and microwave in room were very convienient. It was a very quiet hotel. We will definitely stay there again. The only complaint I would have was that at 8:30 AM at breakfast the eggs were already gone and there was only 1 waffle maker which we waited 20 minutes to use and chose to eat cereal instead so we could go one with our morning. We stay in hotels alot and it was one of the top hotels we stayed in and the price was great also.

There are newer reviews for Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Michigan City

Reviewed June 24, 2011

I fell in love with this hotel the second I walked in the door. We have stayed in the town before, but we decided to try this newly built Microtel. We were blown away with the friendly, and polite service from Patrick the guy at the desk. He was very busy when we walked in but did not miss a beat with any guest at any time. I would have been a wreck with the phone calls, and the guests standing in front of me like that. Amazing.
We got to our room and it was so clean and smelled fresh like someone had been freshly built. Not a speck of dirt, or anything. The bathroom was incredibly clean, and bright. The housekeepers do a great job cleaning and keeping the hotel well kept.
We came down for breakfast to find the same desk clerk from the night before working the breakfast and the desk. WOW! Patrick did not seem to get much sleep but yet again, chipper, and polite and friendly. He was all smiles and ready for the day. Not sure how he does it but he did it. The breakfast was fresh and had a good variety for continental breakfast
I commend the manager for providing such a great staff at the property. We have found our new home away from home.
In the short story form.... if you want great service and a wonderful, fair priced hotel... stay at the Microtel. The rate was reasonable, the food was great, the service was TOP NOTCH, and our sleep was excellent!

Room Tip: stay here and be treated like family from Patrick.
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 17, 2011

We had pre-paid for our room on expedia and upon check-in, gave my debit card for "incidentals". I checked my bank acct later that day and they preauthorized my card for
$100! Thats more than I paid for my room! This hotel has no bar or restaurant or in-room movies, so not sure what "incidentals" they are referring to. I spoke with front desk gal, and told her I was unhappy I wasnt told my card would be charged $100 and she said she could talk to her manager about refunding it, but never heard anything back from her during our one night stay. I checked out 2 days ago, and the hold is STILL on my debit card. When we checked into our room, it was DIRTY, not crumbs or messy floor, but housekeeping hadnt been in there at all. After telling the front desk gal, she spoke with a housekeeper right in front of me at the front desk, and the housekeeper said at least 3 times "it's gonna be a while before I can get up there and check, I have to do this or that first".......we had to bring all our luggage down to the first floor, and were given a room that was OK, but it had a huge wet spot on the carpet between the beds that soaked our socks, that remained there the entire stay. It wasnt worth at this point telling the front desk. Pool was OK, but small, hot tub had packing tape over it because it wasnt functioning during our stay. The room wasnt bad, but I was MOST upset about the preauthorization for an amount that was $35 more than what I paid for the room! I was NEVER told how much that would be, until I checked myself.

Room Tip: Pre-pay on Expedia, it was $11 cheaper
Reviewed June 13, 2011

My family and I travel from DC to Iowa quite a bit. We also have family in Michigan City so we've been doing the hotel thing there for quite awhile. I was thrilled we then they built this hotel. The rooms are a decent price, very comfortable and cute (if that's possible) They all have window seats, fridges, and microwaves. The pool is nice and it's a convenient location to restaurants, shopping and a few miles from the beach. We stay here whether we are passing through or staying for the weekend. The only thing I don't LOVE is that breakfast is small...but it's free so you can't complain to much. They also have good military rates!

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed June 12, 2011

We stayed for one night at the Microtel Inn & Suites in Michigan City. We were pleasantly surprised by the fresh but neutral hotel decor, comfortable beds and friendly staff. We have never stayed with this chain before but will look for Microtel hotels in other cities we visit.

Room Tip: No newspapers at desk as of 6/11; bring your own.
Reviewed May 19, 2011

Our room was very nice, new and clean, with a large refrigerator, and reasonably priced. The free breakfast offered a nice selection,

• Stayed: September 2010
1  Thank weekendlocalfun
Reviewed May 19, 2011

We had a reservation at another hotel that didn't work out. We came to Microtel and Patrick took excellent care of us setting us up with a great room and offering ideas of what to do in Chicago. The room was clean and comfortable. The continental breakfast had a great variety.

• Stayed: May 2011