“Elvis!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Blue Chip Casino

Blue Chip Casino
More attraction details
Owner description: The 35-acre Blue Chip Casino, Hotel & Spa entertainment destination in Michigan City, Indiana includes a full service casino with 65,000 square feet on one level, a 102,000 square foot pavilion with five restaurants, an entertainment lounge, a spa, gift shop, two hotel towers with a total of 486 rooms and the Stardust Event Center for conventions, meetings and special events.
macomb
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Elvis!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 8, 2013

The entertainment at the bar was great. they had two different Elvis impersonators and both were very good. They had the place dancing and singing along.

LaPorte, Indiana
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 30 helpful votes
“Dealers have terrible customer service.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 28, 2013

The dealers during the day are just not very friendly, they seem miserable with there jobs. I go to Blue Chip twice a week on Tuesdays and Thursdays. I try to avoid the day shift. I had lost some money today so I asked the pit boss if she had me down for all the money I lost, she said no we don't go by that we go by play. then I switched tables gambled again and he told me exactly how much I lost. The dealer Jeanette was rude and she wasn't being respectful of moving around to join the table, the shift supervisor Darlene was terrible rude I think she needs to retire. I enjoy going at night seeing Mrs Judy she is a great floor supervisor, and I also love Penelope and Chip. Them 3 no what customer service is all about.

Indiana
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 61 helpful votes
“Buffet just okay. Way too expensive for the quality.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 23, 2013

Buffet price has steadily gone up over the years, and quality seems to be lacking. Very typical for the stations to be understaffed and somewhat unkept. I am very picky about a buffet being kept clean and tidy and not looking like a million people have hawked over the food already...very unappetizing. Many near empty containers or cold items. When brought to a management member's attention we were told they had a lot of people call off that evening. At $25 a plate I expect more.

Visited October 2012
Holland, Michigan
“A Vegas worthy experience.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 20, 2013

There is a string of casinos which have popped up on the Lake Michigan shore line in recent years, Blue Chip being one of the better ones maily because of the fine highrise resort hotel built just recently, and - unlike the other casino properties closer to Chicago, this one actually has something to see and do outside of the gaming floor. Michigan City sits in some of America's primier dune areas, has a mega-sized outlet mall some 6 blocks from the casino, and has some beautiful harbor/ lakefront views from the hotel. And while the gaming floor at this property is not quite as big as the Horseshoe in Hammond, or the mammoth 4 Winds just up the road in New Buffalo, Mi, this is still a top choice for a true 4 star weekend.

Illinois
131 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 525 helpful votes
“Love the Blue Chip!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 31, 2012

Even though we live over an hour away and there are closer casinos to us, we prefer the Blue Chip.The employees are friendly, the beers are reasonable and there's free entertainment in the bar closest to the casino.Their beer of the month is a 20oz for $3.50 and it's always some sort of craft beer. Several restaurants and different bars located throughout the place including a nice sports bar. We've also had better luck on their slots then other casinos. Haven't tried the valet, restaurants or hotel...yet. It is a smoking casino because it's in Indiana. All Indiana casinos are smoky and that's the only negative. We'll glady be back in the near future.

Visited December 2012