“Interesting piece of history”

Old Lighthouse Museum
More attraction details
Owner description: The only lighthouse museum in Indiana.
Reviewed October 27, 2012

We really enjoyed going through this small local museum. The docents were very nice and gave us some introductory information. We did a self-guided tour with a folder that had information on each room, or you could press a button in each room and listen to the same information over an audio system, which was great. If you like to know the history of an area you are visiting, this is a good place to visit.

1  Thank Kathie W

Reviewed October 5, 2012

Learned quite a bit about the lighthouse and its significance during various parts of Indiana and the nation's history overall. Visit the museum and then go to the lighthouse...breathtaking view...especially if it's a bit windy and the waves are crashing against the platform.

1  Thank DonnaPerdue
Reviewed September 29, 2012

It's a nice day trip, but left us wanting something more to do...it's the only thing around that I found to do. I mean I could have sat on the beach, but that wasn't my plan for the day

Reviewed August 8, 2012 via mobile

I took my 7 year old grandson. He had a good time, he asked questions the whole time we was there, there was someone close to answer him. I thought I would get I am bored or I want to go home, instead he has told everyone about the great time he had and how much he liked the people that ran the place.. (lol) they really took the time for him.

4  Thank Theresa V
Reviewed June 24, 2012

We enjoyed our visit with the docent here who told us all about the history of the lighthouse. Beautiful!