“Very different and enjoyable!”
Review of The Pickle & Turnip - CLOSED

The Pickle & Turnip
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Description: This was a cuisine find! Everything was delicious and home made!
Reviewed March 4, 2014 via mobile

A wonderful and relaxed evening. Interesting and enjoyable fare and wonderful service. If you like Mediterranean food and boutique wines, you will love this restaurant!

1  Thank Disneyx

Reviewed March 4, 2014

As locals we like to visit this restaurant as it is something different for the area. The food is great and the servers are friendly. We visited Egypt and Greece in the last couple of years and this is a good place to go to remind us of our visit. The only drawback is the small size and the noise. Some of the groups tend to be loud and it is difficult to talk at times.

1  Thank BEETOO
Reviewed February 27, 2014

I was a bit apprehensive when looking for a restaurant in Michigan City. The description on line classified Sahara as having Mediterranean food, which is not your usual safe Italian cuisine. But my husband and I thought we'd try something different, so we went on a Saturday night. The restaurant is rather small, but decorated in good taste. My husband ordered lamb, which we were surprised to hear was out already. Considering it is a small restaurant, I guess it makes sense as an owner not to buy more than you think you can sell. Altho disappointed, we moved on. I ordered a dish that was marinated chicken on skewers over rice. The chicken was very tender and tasty. We ordered a beet salad to share which was served over mixed greens with feta cheese. This too was very tasty. There is some type of flavored lemonade my husband ordered that we did not care for at all. My husband ordered some type of gyros/tenderloin meal, which he said was not bad. They have a large selection of various salads. A couple next to us ordered them and they did look quite good. We had no wine, but there is a pretty large selection from which to choose. We would recommend this restaurant and will go again when in the Michigan City area.

Reviewed January 26, 2014

Looking for some authentic Mediterranean food? Sahara restaurant in Michigan City, Indiana is a good place to sample some very tasty selections. For appetizers, try the eggplant dish or the stuffed dates. My husband had the chicken tawook and I chose the avocado salad. So much that we were able to share both and be very full. And don't forget to try their hand squeezed lemonade with orange blossoms...it is so refreshing and has a delightful different taste. Atmosphere is nice, service was excellent. They do serve a great selection of beer and wine as well. Great experience.

Reviewed December 30, 2013 via mobile

Had been wanting to try this place for awhile, so a date and I went on a Wednesday night. The atmosphere is neat and with the lighting and a nice view of Franklin street. Our server was great and very attentive, she recommended a great wine that wasn't over priced. We decided on a sampler menu, unfortunately three things they were out of. All of the dishes were unimpressive to say the least. Bland hummus, tabbouleh and the grape leaves were gross. Would go again for drinks only.

1  Thank jmathiau666