“Great food, family friendly”
Review of The Pickle & Turnip - CLOSED

The Pickle & Turnip
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Description: This was a cuisine find! Everything was delicious and home made!
Reviewed October 8, 2012

We decided to try Sahara after reading the reviews on tripadvisor...we were not disappointed. We had diverse needs - 2 vegans, 2 vegetarians, 3 children and 3 meat eaters and we were all able to find something. Although there wasn't a kids menu, the waitress had some suggestions for things they could make - a small portion of gyros meat, a chicken kebob and fries, a pita pizza. The hummus was wonderful. The spinach pie was good. My son tried the gyros meat for the first time and found a new favorite. We would make this a stop for food if we were in the area again.

Reviewed September 1, 2012

We tried to go to Panini Panini, but the line was just too long, so we implemented plan B and walked across the street to Sahara. I had the business lunch special which includes gyros, falafel, chicken tawook, rice and a greek salad. Plenty of food which also included pita bread and hummus. My only disappointment was the Greek salad, which lacked kalamata olives and feta cheese. I thought the rice was exceptionally tasty, with just the right level of spice. In summary a lot of great tasting food that was reasonably priced.

Reviewed August 24, 2012

went out for lunch with friends, business lunch special is a real treat with a little of everything, gyro, falafel, chicken tawook, rice and greek salad. After eating this your tastebuds are satisfied. great place to grab a lunch.

Reviewed August 23, 2012

You have probably never had food like this.
I know I never have.
Cuisine from around the world and these folks know how to prepare it. I think.
Everything I had was DELICIOUS and it was stuff I have never had before.

Reviewed August 16, 2012 via mobile

Bottom line is....you have to try this place.
Wonderful food. And as silly as it sounds the tomatoes in my entree were fresh flavorful locally grown, the the thick tasteless ones that restaurants usually serve you. Attention to little details that make this a great place to eat.