Serenity Springs
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Golden Sands Motel(Michigan City)
View Hotel
Travel Inn Motel(Michigan City)
View Hotel
Super 8 Michigan City(Michigan City)
View Hotel
All reviewscarriage rideheated floorsbreakfast basketcheesecakebutler boxsurround soundgas grillback porchthought of everythingfire pitget awayrose petalsromantic getawayred lightpremium cabinbath saltslet me start by saying
FilterAll languages
Reviewed April 8, 2013

Patrick took me here as a Christmas/Valentine's present. WOW! First of all, it was snowy and we arrived to a horse drawn carriage ride to our cabin. We were in the Giddy Up and it was perfect. Heated tile floors keep you so warm you spend the entire time in next to nothing and it's wonderful! A fireplace, a sunken whirlpool tub, a butler's door with delicious treats and surprises...dinner served over candlelight and we've only begun the first day! The next day we fed the geese and ducks with our own stash of corn, laughed at their silliness, lounged for a while over coffee, had a masseuse come to our cabin for a private couples massage....did I mention amazing yet? We went out for dinner at the Four Winds Casino but could have happily stayed in also.
The weather was bad and he had to be in court early Monday morning so they let us drive out to our cabin so he could be on time. I happily waited and relaxed undisturbed. The photographs I have of the waterfowl and lake are beautiful. It's hard to believe this place is right off an Interstate! Make a trip to visit with your sweetheart - you won't be bored and you will relax!! What an amazing getaway! We will return and we only live about 20 minutes away!!

Room Tip: Look online and choose your cabin!
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Sandysisland
Reviewed March 14, 2013

We have had the opportunity to stay here in the late spring and in the fall and it was wonderful both times. They take care of everything. The scenery is great inside and out. I love the patio and the gas fire pit. I would sit out there and feed the ducks and geese for days. It's great there is a gem like this tucked away so close by. Thank you for providing such great service and maintaining the property so nicely.

Room Tip: We have stayed in a single level cabin and a cabin with the bed upstairs. If you do not intend on going up and down the stairs (ladder style) to use the restroom I would suggest getting a single floor plan cabin. We enjoyed both.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank hlcobleigh
Reviewed February 21, 2013

I took my boyfriend here for Valentines Day weekend and what an amazing experience. Everything was thought of in advance. The staff was friendly and very helpful. What an amazing way to spend time with the one you love in pure serenity!! We will be going again! AND we loved all the little extras that they brought to us throughout our stay!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank ddebaets73
Reviewed January 22, 2013

My husband & I have been going here for years! We 1st went when we won a drawing @ The Paragon in Hobart In. & have been going everysince. We have a favorite roon Norhern Woods? They are at your beck & call. I love to feed the ducks & they will refill your bowl as many times as you want! I love they have trails, carriage ride, a special little note for you when you arrive, I could go on & on....

Room Tip: Lke I sad our favorite room is something like Northern Woods but is the nature room with a Bear skin on the wall & the upstairs has a couples sofa & desk!! I would ot recommend gettting a room with the bed upstairs because if you hv to go to the bathrrom in the middle of the night it could be a bit hard. Just an F.Y.I. so bed downstairs but defenitly get a room with the loft on the top if you can walk up stairs. :)
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank sassybree
Reviewed December 3, 2012

My husband and I went to Serenity Springs for our 1st wedding anniversary. It was like having a second honeymoon! Everything was SO relaxing and peaceful.

I want to mention some of the negative reviews and my comments on them now that I spent the weekend there:
* The traffic noise: Yes, there is noise. However, it's not shaking your cabin when a semi is on the highway. We couldn't really hear it unless we were outside, and even then, we had to listen for it. It maybe because we live in a city and are used to traffic... but it was not a problem for us.

* Seeing your neighbors: On your back porch, you could see other people if they were out there too. However, you can't hear them, and unless you want to be outside naked, what's the big deal?

* Repeating surprises: We did not have this happen at all! They must have read the reviews and changed things up. We got lots! of fun and new surprises all throughout the day and into the evening. I LOVE THE BUTLER DOOR!

* Funny Smelling Water: Ok, it's well water. So, yes, there is a sligh iron smell. However, they provide fresh drinking water & bath salts so they jacuzzi smells good when you go in.

* Waiting around for the horse and carriage- didn't run into this at all. They ask what time you'd like to check out, so that way not everyone has to check out at 11... we didn't wait.

The absolutely ONLY thing that I found odd about Serenity Springs is there was no turn down service for our second night. I have no idea if I'm right in expecting that... but it wasn't a big deal at all!

There are so many PROs to this resort that we cannot wait to return!!!
The staff was ultra friendly. Everyone had a smile on their face, and they were happy to help in any way.
The extra touches are what make this place special:
* heated floors
* heart shaped jacuzzi (cheesy but adorable)
* rocking love seat
* rocking seats around the fire pit
* buttler door- surprises
* sweet china cabinet gives it a homey feel
* horse and carriage
* happy aniversary balloon
* movies available

We also went exploring to the local winerys and breweries. A trip to Serenity Springs is totally worth the time and money.

Room Tip: choose a cabin on the cannel or pond to avoid traffic noise.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple