“Delicious meal at Maxines”
Review of Maxines - CLOSED

Maxines
Cuisines: Gastropub
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Reservations
Western Springs, IL
“Delicious meal at Maxines”
Reviewed August 11, 2012

My husband and I went for the specials on a Monday. I had the chicken paprika, which had a plenty of chicken and gnocchi - really good. He had the Danish meatballs, which had pasta with a tasty sauce. Both were wonderful. Neither were overcooked. Our server, Melissa, was attentive and cheerful. She happily gave us her suggestions. Both dishes came with a green salad which was also good but had no tomatoes which I like in the summer. The only thing I didn't care for was the bread. It was very dry and crustless. I would definitely go back. The ambience was great. Loved the beautiful painted walls!

• Visited August 2012

Dexter, Michigan
“A fantastic find!”
Reviewed May 27, 2012

I've been coming to Michigan City for about 12 years and let's be honest - not too many choices of fine dining near the highway. Some co-workers found Maxines and took me there and I was very impressed by this place. It was German night so I ordered one of the specials and had way too much food (something I did not complain about). The appetizers, entree and dessert were absolutely wonderful - I had to take some home i couldn't eat it all. My co-workers have returned a few times and I look forward to another trip there in the future.

• Visited May 2012
New York City, New York
“OK dining...”
Reviewed May 5, 2012

This was at one time the best place in Michigan City. It's now just OK and nothing special.

Visited May 2012
Chicago, Illinois
“Maxine's consistently good”
Reviewed April 9, 2012

We have eaten at Maxine's repeatedly since finding this gem of a restaurant about 8 years ago. The menu is an odd mix of many different cuisines, but, the food is always well-prepared, and, the service is attentive and genuinely friendly. Add the fact that the bartender actually knows how to make a good cocktail and you have everything you could want in a restaurant.

• Visited April 2012
Bloomington, Indiana
“Perfect birthday dinner!”
Reviewed January 6, 2012

My husband had the best escargot ever followed by the ultimate steak tartar of his culinary dreams. I thoroughly enjoyed their signature lasagna with complimentary salad. Our waiter, Kyle, was knowledgeable about the menu, wine selections and quite attentive as well. The bartender served up 2 perfect martinis-appropriately icy, with just the right touch of Vermouth. We look forward to our next trip to Michigan City and dinner at Maxine's!

• Visited January 2012