“Great atmosphere and good food.”

William B's Steakhouse
Reserve with OpenTable
William B's Steakhouse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #4 of 155 Restaurants in Michigan City
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Highway US 12
Description: Named after Boyd Gaming co-founder Bill Boyd, William B's Steakhouse is a world-class steakhouse in the tradition of Las Vegas’ legendary Stardust Hotel and Casino. But there's more than steak on the menu. You'll also find fresh seafood and exquisite pasta dishes, all prepared with classic Midwestern flair.
Reviewed March 27, 2012

Request a semi circular booth. You'll step back to the Frank Sinatra days and enjoy an excellent meal. The service can be frenzied sometimes when there is a show, but otherwise very good. The food is excellent. We always enjoy a steak or prime rib.

Reviewed February 7, 2012

I guess we didn't have high hopes for a steakhouse in a casino in Michigan City, Indiana...but hey, what do we know!

After getting in a bit late and being a bit harried, we scrambled down to the restaurant early and they informed us a table was not quite ready, but come back exactly on time. There were good to form and seated us to a nice big table with plenty of surrounding room. The atmosphere is spacious, elegant and reminded me of the high profile steakhouses like Mortons down the road a bit.

Our server was just a bit delayed and overwhelmed, and as a result she was quick to provide thoughts that seemed practiced instead of thoughtful. Nonetheless, the menu is extensive and includes enough variety for all tastes. Starters, salads and entrees were equally impressive and worthy of choice.

We went for the beef this evening. My wife the filet that was flavorful and well proportioned. I selected prime rib and I am confident it was one of the finest I have had. Overly generous in portion, it was delicious and accompanied by the usual horseradish and variation of yorkshire pudding. We shared the mashed potato's that were of an excellent hand made texture.

We skipped dessert, but did have a couple glasses of wine from the glass list. Nothing special to report, but they were solid selections and fairly priced (as was the rest of the menu in my opinion).

All in all we were both really, really surprised and impressed. Having eaten at many of the fine dine restaurants in casinos outside Las Vegas, the food tends to dissappoint. This was well worth the visit and will have us coming back. With the tables what they were.... this was a highlight!

Enjoy William B's-

Reviewed February 4, 2012

We ate at William B's this past weekend for the first time. We have friends that rave about it so we went as a group of 8. Reservations were easy to make. Menu is extensive with steaks, chops, seafood, and of course appetizers, soups and desserts. Everyone enjoyed their meals and they were varied. My swordfish special was out of this world. Salads were good, too. The portions are large. My husbands creamed spinach could serve 3-4 easily. The prices are typical of a casino and are a bit high but you do not leave hungry. The dinner rolls were tasty as well.
Service was almost too efficient as we had two servers for our table. We actually felt rushed and are more used to sitting at the dining table with friends for hours. I know they want you back in the casino, but I like to enjoy the meal and the company. Servers were pleasant but seemed a bit impersonal.
Our only real problem was that smoking was allowed in the restaurant. It was the main reason we didn't stay for dessert. It just ruins the taste of the food!

Reviewed November 28, 2011

Our very first visit to the William B's steakhouse in Michigan CIty. I had won some money in the casino, so decided to have dinner here. It is very nice and the waiter was so helpful. I had the crab stuffed shrimp and my daughter had the filet. All is ala carte, so she ordered the au gratin potatoes and I had the grilled asparagus and also the crab chowder. Everything was so good and the portions are so large, you can't eat it all. I would skip the soup next time. It is quite expensive, but as a splurge, do it.

Reviewed September 8, 2011

My husband and I dined at William B's for our 25th Anniversary. Kathy was our server. She was very knowledgeable in her explaination of the specials offered that day. The bacon wrapped scallops and oysters rockefeller were wonderful appetizers. We had lobster bisque and french onion soups both were served piping hot and had great flavor. My husband's prime rib and my steak were cooked exactly how we wanted them. The lobster macaroni and cheese is very good. They surprised us with an awesome cake for our anniversary. Any time we have dined at William B's it has been a pleasure. I highly recommend this restaurant and I have brought many friends in the past to dine with me there. This restaurant does not allow anyone under 21 to dine in it and they do ask for ID. I can answer any questions you may have about the restaurant if you send me an email.