“Catering by Gino's excellent job”

Gino's Steakhouse of Merrillville
Reserve with OpenTable
Gino's Steakhouse of Merrillville is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #12 of 154 Restaurants in Merrillville
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed October 5, 2013

I attended a wedding in Merrillville and Gino's catered the rehearsal dinner (at a breakfast restaurant that closes at 3 pm). So I can only comment on their food, not their actual building, nor the value or atmosphere. I had mushroom appetizers, salad, the salmon, and the chocolate cake for desert. Everyone liked the food. The chocolate cake was particularly very good. Things left blank below are because I do not know.

Reviewed October 1, 2013

What a nice place with great food and even a little soft entertainment. My son and I were on a trip to Northern Michigan and stopped in to dine at Gino's, on the hotel staff's recommendation. Gino's special steak is served with a tremendous Blue Cheese sauce that it doesn't need, as these are the best steaks I've eaten in decades. I was so impressed that I drove back to Merrillville (some 280 miles) with my wife and got a hotel room, just so she could have one of these delicious steaks.

Reviewed September 20, 2013

Shrimp scampi appetizer...Delicious! The Lunch Prime Rib Sandwich was the Best I have had!
And I just can't say enough about the Desserts!

Reviewed July 22, 2013

I was there on a recent Friday evening. The restaurant is nicely decorated, and the service and the general vibe were good. But I thought the food was just okay. Not bad, but just okay and not really worth the price. I had the chicken vesuvio and my husband had a filet. I have had better of both. The salad was unremarkable, as were the vegetable sides that we ordered. Again, not bad, just okay. Probably would be fine for appetizers and drinks, but not a great choice for dinner.

Reviewed June 3, 2013

Finally a place that raves about their steaks at the door and can back it up. I was here for work after a long day, what a treat. Got a 10oz that was butter in my mouth. I had the sweet potatoes and fries also great. Even better a steakhouse that can make a good crime brûlée, that's hard to find.