“home away from home”

Ranked #10 of 21 Hotels in Merrillville
Merrillville, Indiana, United States
“home away from home”
Reviewed February 15, 2013

due to a new job I moved my family 20 yr old 18 yr old and 15 yr old to Merrillville in wait of a home loan to go thru. I chose this hotel for the kitchen area knowing we would be here at that time what I thought would only be a month or so which has turn into 3 months as of today and will still be here till May. The room is very nice with hi speed internet. The staff couldn't be better. Being across from the mall and with in walking distance of shopping centers and Wal-Mart's makes it even better. I've look for homes in the area to rent however I have not found a cheaper place then staying here. I wont stay anywhere else in this town. The staff looks out for my kids while im at work for 4-5 days and that means a lot to me. This is by far the best place your money can buy

Room Tip: stay on the 1st floor rooms seem newer but 2st floors ac works better 3rd floor is quieter
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Elizabeth S
HM-ESA, Manager at Extended Stay America - Merrillville - US Rte. 30, responded to this review, February 18, 2013
It was very kind of you to for take the time to publish such a positive review of your stay at the Extended Stay America Merrillville - US Rte. 30. It's always satisfying to read positive feedback from our valued guests, like you. Although some companies run extravagant advertising campaigns for their hotels, we believe that the best kind of marketing is the public praise we get from our millions of happy customers. That's why the biggest investment we make is in our customers. Our company motto is "Excellence Every Day, Every Way", and my promise to you is that we will continue to operate according to this practice; after all, that's how Extended Stay Hotels(sm) got to be the largest extended stay lodging brand in North America.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Reviewed December 4, 2012

The staff knows me by name, and when I frequent the hotel, they have my check in information set aside waiting for me. They know I prefer a room on the inside of the building and they do the best they can to accomdate my request. I've stayed at other places in the Merrillville area that have more amenities (pool, hottub, etc...) but the service I get at ES makes up for it. It's my first preference when I goto the area now.

Room Tip: Ask for an inside room. The highway is very noisy and for light sleepers, it's hard to get a goo...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank magnusprime1984
HM-ESA, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Merrillville - US Rte. 30, responded to this review, December 5, 2012
I would like to personally thank you for taking time out to write such wonderful things about your experience at Extended Stay America Merrillville - US Rte. 30. Our hotel is totally committed to the satisfaction of every guest who walks through our doors, which is why it is so rewarding to get feedback like yours; it tells us that we are delivering on that commitment. Our business is one in which the staff gets to know our guests, who sometimes stay with us for weeks or months. We believe that building a professional, courteous, and accommodating relationship with our customers will continue to bring them back for future stays.
Chicago
Reviewed November 9, 2012

I LOVE this hotel. They went WAY out of their way to clean the room with hot water and vinegar, and keep fragrance free. The staff was remarkably friendly. Teshawne, smiled at everyone, personally helped me print out important documents, got us extra supplies at various times and overall was a real friendly professional.

Richard the manager saw to it that my allergy/chemical sensitivities were addressed and he followed up with us to see how we were doing. Pat and others kept the all smiles, great service going.

The room is done in a pleasing contemporary style and felt very homey.

This place is a gem!

Room Tip: We had room 138 right off of the lobby. It was quiet and convenient
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
HM-ESA, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Merrillville - US Rte. 30, responded to this review, November 13, 2012
It was very kind of you to for take the time to publish such a positive review of your stay at the Extended Stay America Merrillville - US Rte. 30. It's always satisfying to read positive feedback from our valued guests, like you. Although some companies run extravagant advertising campaigns for their hotels, we believe that the best kind of marketing is the public praise we get from our millions of happy customers. That's why the biggest investment we make is in our customers. Our staff is continually coached on how to best provide professional, accommodating, and friendly service to every guest. It sounds like we hit a home run in your case!

Little Rock, Arkansas, United States
Reviewed September 18, 2012

It was quiet and most of the staff was friendly. I was unfortunate enough to have had a house keeper who was not the nicest. Most of the staff was nice though. The actual hotel room was very dated, the internet was super slow (even when you paid for it, they have a free option), and there were dirty dishes and hair in the bathroom from whoever stayed there before me. I definitely didn't have the best experience at this hotel.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
john016, Manager at Extended Stay America - Merrillville - US Rte. 30, responded to this review, October 9, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to make us aware of your experience at Extended Stay America Merrillville - US Rte. 30. Providing for your total satisfaction, from the moment you arrive to the moment you depart, is my staff's primary duty. Hearing that we failed in your case is truly disheartening, and for that, I offer you my sincerest apology.

Travelers are raving about these Merrillville hotels

Merrillville, Indiana
Reviewed September 12, 2012

I travel quite often and long term and I try to make it as much home as possible, whicvh means bringing my Pet. This Hotel is one of the few places that allow animals and I am so appreciative that they do. Often times I have stayed in properties such as Holiday Inn or Hampton Inn which during the week are fairly quiet, but on weekends turn into a party Zone with people drinking, hanging out in hallways and kids running and yelling late at night. This has been one of the most quiet hotels that I have ever stayed in, everyone is extremely polite and I have never had to open the door when I carried something, if someone - even a guest was around. The outside of the Hotel was just painted and it looks very nice.
IF YOU NEED A HOME AWAY FROM HOME - THIS IS YOUR PLACE.
Diana B.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
john016, Manager at Extended Stay America - Merrillville - US Rte. 30, responded to this review, October 7, 2012
Thank you so very much for your glowing review of Extended Stay America Merrillville - US Rte. 30. Whenever I read comments like yours it always gives me such great pleasure. My entire staff strives to make every guest's stay totally enjoyable, and our greatest reward is validation that we've done just that. As a member of the Extended Stay Hotels(sm) family, we are proud to be a part of the premier lodging source for business and leisure travelers looking for a great room at a great rate. We know that our largest asset is our loyal base of customers like you, which is why we are so firmly committed to your satisfaction. By continuing to provide our valued guests with exceptional value, we know Extended Stay Hotels(sm) will remain the #1 extended stay lodging source in the North America.

Georgia
Reviewed August 23, 2012

15 hours from home and the first time I'd ever left the south- The staff here makes me feel at home every single day. All the girls from the desk to house keeping do something on a daily basis that Is over and beyond. Also, this is the nicest and cleanest Extended Stay I've ever seen! Everything here is fantastic! We plan on staying right here the entire time we are in Indiana, which could be months and months!

• Stayed July 2012
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Merrillville - US Rte. 30, responded to this review, August 24, 2012
It was very kind of you to for take the time to publish such a positive review of your stay at our hotel. It's always satisfying to read positive feedback from our valued guests, like you. Our staff is continually coached on how to best provide professional, accommodating, and friendly service to every guest. It sounds like we hit a home run in your case!

Spokane, WA
Reviewed August 20, 2012

Only reason I picked this place was because its hard to find nice hotels that allow pets in the Midwest. First off, the people working at the front desk were all fairly nice and knew what they were doing, but thats where the good ends as the hotel itself is gross. The guests who are staying here long term, obviously contractors or construction workers, were bringing in prostitutes to the hotel. The room I was in was very outdated and had this gross musty nasty smell to it, opening the windows didn't even help. The carpet was worn and dirty. The furniture was worn and dirty. The bed was hard, worn and gross. They only stocked one bar of soap in the bathroom, no shampoo or lotion or anything else. The towels were all gross and thin, and then they all had long black hair folded into them. This is just a gross, dirty hotel. Hopefully you never have to stay here and if you have a pet and need a hotel, keep driving to the next town.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to make us aware of your experience at our hotel. Providing for your total satisfaction, from the moment you arrive to the moment you depart, is my staff's primary duty. It pleases me to hear that they offered friendly service to you; however, hearing the rest of your stay was not 100% satisfactory is truly disheartening, and for that, I offer you my sincerest apology.

As well, we strive to provide a safe environment for all of our guests. Security is of the upmost importance to us and the staff is a key player in ensuring that our guests are protected. I assure you that we will continue to uphold this guarantee and provide for everyone who stays with us at this hotel.

Again, I apologize and promise you that we are committed to your total satisfaction. If there is anything you would like to discuss further with me or our guest relations team, please don't hesitate to contact us by visiting our website and clicking on the Contact Us link at the bottom of the page. I do hope you will give us the honor of having you as a guest again if future travels will bring you into our area.