Extended Stay America - Merrillville - US Rte. 30
Ranked #11 of 22 Hotels in Merrillville
Reviewed September 18, 2012

It was quiet and most of the staff was friendly. I was unfortunate enough to have had a house keeper who was not the nicest. Most of the staff was nice though. The actual hotel room was very dated, the internet was super slow (even when you paid for it, they have a free option), and there were dirty dishes and hair in the bathroom from whoever stayed there before me. I definitely didn't have the best experience at this hotel.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
john016, Manager at Extended Stay America - Merrillville - US Rte. 30, responded to this reviewResponded October 9, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to make us aware of your experience at Extended Stay America Merrillville - US Rte. 30. Providing for your total satisfaction, from the moment you arrive to the moment you depart, is my staff's primary duty. Hearing that we failed in your case is truly disheartening, and for that, I offer you my sincerest apology.

Reviewed September 12, 2012

I travel quite often and long term and I try to make it as much home as possible, whicvh means bringing my Pet. This Hotel is one of the few places that allow animals and I am so appreciative that they do. Often times I have stayed in properties such as Holiday Inn or Hampton Inn which during the week are fairly quiet, but on weekends turn into a party Zone with people drinking, hanging out in hallways and kids running and yelling late at night. This has been one of the most quiet hotels that I have ever stayed in, everyone is extremely polite and I have never had to open the door when I carried something, if someone - even a guest was around. The outside of the Hotel was just painted and it looks very nice.
IF YOU NEED A HOME AWAY FROM HOME - THIS IS YOUR PLACE.
Diana B.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
john016, Manager at Extended Stay America - Merrillville - US Rte. 30, responded to this reviewResponded October 7, 2012

Thank you so very much for your glowing review of Extended Stay America Merrillville - US Rte. 30. Whenever I read comments like yours it always gives me such great pleasure. My entire staff strives to make every guest's stay totally enjoyable, and our greatest reward is validation that we've done just that. As a member of the Extended Stay Hotels(sm) family, we are proud to be a part of the premier lodging source for business and leisure travelers looking for a great room at a great rate. We know that our largest asset is our loyal base of customers like you, which is why we are so firmly committed to your satisfaction. By continuing to provide our valued guests with exceptional value, we know Extended Stay Hotels(sm) will remain the #1 extended stay lodging source in the North America.

Reviewed August 23, 2012

15 hours from home and the first time I'd ever left the south- The staff here makes me feel at home every single day. All the girls from the desk to house keeping do something on a daily basis that Is over and beyond. Also, this is the nicest and cleanest Extended Stay I've ever seen! Everything here is fantastic! We plan on staying right here the entire time we are in Indiana, which could be months and months!

• Stayed: July 2012
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Merrillville - US Rte. 30, responded to this reviewResponded August 24, 2012

It was very kind of you to for take the time to publish such a positive review of your stay at our hotel. It's always satisfying to read positive feedback from our valued guests, like you. Our staff is continually coached on how to best provide professional, accommodating, and friendly service to every guest. It sounds like we hit a home run in your case!

Reviewed August 20, 2012

Only reason I picked this place was because its hard to find nice hotels that allow pets in the Midwest. First off, the people working at the front desk were all fairly nice and knew what they were doing, but thats where the good ends as the hotel itself is gross. The guests who are staying here long term, obviously contractors or construction workers, were bringing in prostitutes to the hotel. The room I was in was very outdated and had this gross musty nasty smell to it, opening the windows didn't even help. The carpet was worn and dirty. The furniture was worn and dirty. The bed was hard, worn and gross. They only stocked one bar of soap in the bathroom, no shampoo or lotion or anything else. The towels were all gross and thin, and then they all had long black hair folded into them. This is just a gross, dirty hotel. Hopefully you never have to stay here and if you have a pet and need a hotel, keep driving to the next town.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business

Thank you for taking the time to make us aware of your experience at our hotel. Providing for your total satisfaction, from the moment you arrive to the moment you depart, is my staff's primary duty. It pleases me to hear that they offered friendly service to you; however, hearing the rest of your stay was not 100% satisfactory is truly disheartening, and for that, I offer you my sincerest apology.

As well, we strive to provide a safe environment for all of our guests. Security is of the upmost importance to us and the staff is a key player in ensuring that our guests are protected. I assure you that we will continue to uphold this guarantee and provide for everyone who stays with us at this hotel.

Again, I apologize and promise you that we are committed to your total satisfaction. If there is anything you would like to discuss further with me or our guest relations team, please don't hesitate to contact us by visiting our website and clicking on the Contact Us link at the bottom of the page. I do hope you will give us the honor of having you as a guest again if future travels will bring you into our area.

Reviewed August 8, 2012

We have been coming to ExtendedStay Merrillville, US RTE 30 for 8 years, and our stay here as been like home away from home. The staff, front desk, maintance, and Richard the manager have been friendly, over and behond helpful, and caring. The rooms are very clean, with no musty or nasty smells. We can have our beloved dog, Kelly with us to add to our home life. The room is supplied with everything possiable to fulfil our needs. Laundry room is close by which is another convience. The WIFI was great, and we have no trouble sleeping. We have encouraged our friends when in need of a place to stay, Extended Stay is a sure bet.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family

Reviewed June 15, 2011

I liked the ladies at the front desk. They all were so helpful, empathetic and courteous. When it came down to dealing with the manager, HE WAS TERRIBLE. I thought that when you are a manager of any kind of establishment or business, you treat your customers/guests with the utmost respect, empathy and kindness. The manager (Richard) has horrible customer service skills. He has no concept or idea how to deal with the public. If I had to recommend this hotel to anyone that I know based on wanting to know how the manager treats his/her customers/guests.......I would say RUN FOR THE HILLS!!!! Find another hotel/extended stay that has a manager that will treat you with respect and kindness!!!!

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled solo
4  Thank Efnep
Reviewed March 28, 2011

This hotel was awesome!!! The room was clean and looked newly remodeled! It was very comfortable and clean. The staff was very friendly and helpful! My husband and I loved this place. We were glad we cancelled our Mariott reservations to stay here. Will definately come back!

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple