“Home Sweet Home”

Ranked #9 of 21 Hotels in Merrillville
Georgia
“Home Sweet Home”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 23, 2012

15 hours from home and the first time I'd ever left the south- The staff here makes me feel at home every single day. All the girls from the desk to house keeping do something on a daily basis that Is over and beyond. Also, this is the nicest and cleanest Extended Stay I've ever seen! Everything here is fantastic! We plan on staying right here the entire time we are in Indiana, which could be months and months!

• Stayed July 2012
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Merrillville - US Rte. 30, responded to this review, August 24, 2012
It was very kind of you to for take the time to publish such a positive review of your stay at our hotel. It's always satisfying to read positive feedback from our valued guests, like you. Our staff is continually coached on how to best provide professional, accommodating, and friendly service to every guest. It sounds like we hit a home run in your case!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Spokane, WA
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2012

Only reason I picked this place was because its hard to find nice hotels that allow pets in the Midwest. First off, the people working at the front desk were all fairly nice and knew what they were doing, but thats where the good ends as the hotel itself is gross. The guests who are staying here long term, obviously contractors or construction workers, were bringing in prostitutes to the hotel. The room I was in was very outdated and had this gross musty nasty smell to it, opening the windows didn't even help. The carpet was worn and dirty. The furniture was worn and dirty. The bed was hard, worn and gross. They only stocked one bar of soap in the bathroom, no shampoo or lotion or anything else. The towels were all gross and thin, and then they all had long black hair folded into them. This is just a gross, dirty hotel. Hopefully you never have to stay here and if you have a pet and need a hotel, keep driving to the next town.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to make us aware of your experience at our hotel. Providing for your total satisfaction, from the moment you arrive to the moment you depart, is my staff's primary duty. It pleases me to hear that they offered friendly service to you; however, hearing the rest of your stay was not 100% satisfactory is truly disheartening, and for that, I offer you my sincerest apology.

As well, we strive to provide a safe environment for all of our guests. Security is of the upmost importance to us and the staff is a key player in ensuring that our guests are protected. I assure you that we will continue to uphold this guarantee and provide for everyone who stays with us at this hotel.

Again, I apologize and promise you that we are committed to your total satisfaction. If there is anything you would like to discuss further with me or our guest relations team, please don't hesitate to contact us by visiting our website and clicking on the Contact Us link at the bottom of the page. I do hope you will give us the honor of having you as a guest again if future travels will bring you into our area.

Travelers are raving about these Merrillville hotels

Merrillville, Indiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 8, 2012

We have been coming to ExtendedStay Merrillville, US RTE 30 for 8 years, and our stay here as been like home away from home. The staff, front desk, maintance, and Richard the manager have been friendly, over and behond helpful, and caring. The rooms are very clean, with no musty or nasty smells. We can have our beloved dog, Kelly with us to add to our home life. The room is supplied with everything possiable to fulfil our needs. Laundry room is close by which is another convience. The WIFI was great, and we have no trouble sleeping. We have encouraged our friends when in need of a place to stay, Extended Stay is a sure bet.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

Gary, Indiana
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 15, 2011

I liked the ladies at the front desk. They all were so helpful, empathetic and courteous. When it came down to dealing with the manager, HE WAS TERRIBLE. I thought that when you are a manager of any kind of establishment or business, you treat your customers/guests with the utmost respect, empathy and kindness. The manager (Richard) has horrible customer service skills. He has no concept or idea how to deal with the public. If I had to recommend this hotel to anyone that I know based on wanting to know how the manager treats his/her customers/guests.......I would say RUN FOR THE HILLS!!!! Find another hotel/extended stay that has a manager that will treat you with respect and kindness!!!!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled solo
4 Thank Efnep
Crab Orchard, West Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 28, 2011

This hotel was awesome!!! The room was clean and looked newly remodeled! It was very comfortable and clean. The staff was very friendly and helpful! My husband and I loved this place. We were glad we cancelled our Mariott reservations to stay here. Will definately come back!

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
Philly
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 4, 2010

Hint: to enter you room, push the key card in ALL the way! As explained to me, they are not electronic.

My room with a refrig and microwave was fine. No shampoo provided. The WiFi worked
great! The bed was rather stiff and hard but for one night was OK.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled solo
Gary
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2010

The room I checked into was dirty so I requested another room. The other room was a bit cleaner but smelled like smoke as well as dog urine. The rooms need to be remodeled I spent over $400 for a week stay this hotel is really not worth the money. The hotel is pet friendly so you never know if you are sleeping where someone's dog has slept or eating out of the same bowl that the dog has eaten out of. The front desk staff wasn't rude but wasn't friendly either; tolerant.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled solo