“Good Hampton Inn Quality and Service”

Ranked #2 of 22 Hotels in Merrillville
Reviewed June 11, 2013

This is another regular hotel in which I've had multiple stays at for business and i recommend this hotel for both family and business travelers. This hotel provides good service and you get the consistently clean and good Hampton quality.
- All the rooms I've stayed at were clean and nice. While this chain of hotels do not have in-room microwaves or a fridge, however there is a microwave in the lobby to use at any time. They do have space to set your luggage on in the rooms, which are nice for me, becase I never use the drawers.
- The beds are comfortable and the rooms are clean. The bathrooms are nice, but are really made for 1 person. My body seems to dislike the soap, shampoo, and lotion this hotel chain offers, and so if you have sensitive skin or hair at all, I'd recommend to bring your own items. However, I am very greatful they offer items just in case I forget to bring something.
- The main lobby, and dining area is laid back and clean. The chairs and decor are more modern yet still comfortable and you pass the coffee station as you walk toward the hallway and elevators.
- While the workout room is always clean, this chain of hotels have small cramped workout areas compare to the Doubletree and the Hiltons, but I'm happy enough with the clean workout room at this hotel. There were 3 cardio machines and a tiny space that had some dumbell weights.
- There is an indoor pool and overall the hotel is not that big, so its not a long trek to your hotel room and everything you might be looking for is easy to find.
- The breakfast is a help yourself option with cereal, fruit, egg omlets, sausage, and this waffle machine. During breakfast time, there is a devoted staff person to keep the breakfast area clean and fully stocked throughout the morning as well as the tables clean.
- Since this hotel is not close to a major airport, everyone has a vehicle and there are gas stations, lots of shopping (ex. Westfield Southlake Mall, Target, Walmart, etc., on the other side of I-65) and restaurants right along 30 and very close to this hotel. Also, if you wanted to head into Chicago or are leaving the city, its very easy to find off of I-65.
- The one drawback that other reviewers have noted is that the price for this hotel is equal to and sometimes more than the Hilton Garden Inn, so you get more services at the same or more of a discounted price, in comparison with other hilton brand hotels also nearby.

Room Tip: Rooms on the west side of the hotel are farthest away from I-65 and the highway traffic noise.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank sonixgirl77

Reviewed June 3, 2013

Stray away from those cheap hotels and try Hamtpon, it's not that much more and there's a whole lot more value. Clean, comfortable & in general very nice. The breakfast was second to none, so if you subtract the $10 per person breakfast experience from the hotel total, it's about the same as a Motel 8. I highly recommend that you stay at this location!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 26, 2013 via mobile

We were welcomed by a nice staff and our room was clean. The problems I had were the noises all night from the I65 expressway, the breakfast area is very small, we had to skip breakfast. The cost totaled $150.08 for a one night king bed. I paid less at the Hilton Garden Inn which also included breakfast.

• Stayed: May 2013
1  Thank Frank M
Gary G, General Manager at Hampton Inn Merrillville, responded to this reviewResponded May 28, 2013

Thank you for choosing the Hampton Inn Merrillville. We know you have many options to choose from within the area and we are delighted that you choose us. I'm glad that you found the staff friendly and the rooms clean but we all would like to apologize about the noise you heard from the expressway. We will definitely take this feedback seriously as we continue to improve our product and services. Our goal is to always meet and exceed guest expectations so if your travels should bring you back to the area, please consider us again so we can exceed your expectations about the value in the product and service you receive here!

Respectfully,

Reviewed May 26, 2013

We have stayed at this hotel before and were impressed with it. We chose it again and we were impressed again. We had a issue with a reservation that I had made in error, and the front desk offered to correct it and would let us know. The front desk did that and then left a message on our room phone that the issued was corrected. Dominic, the man at the front desk, volunteered to help and we appreciated it because we were tired from a long day of driving.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for choosing the Hampton Inn Merrillville. We know you have many options to choose from within the area and we are delighted that you choose us. I’m glad that Dominic was able to assist you with canceling the reservation that was made by error. Mistakes happen but we always take pride in helping guests get everything worked out so that you may relax and enjoy your stay with us without added stress. Our staff is always willing and trying to go above and beyond as we continue to ensure guest satisfaction which is hard to find now-a-days. I will share your feedback with my team. They are always appreciative when guests give feedback so positively!

Respectfully,

Reviewed May 21, 2013

I was very pleased with the room and hotel staff during my week long stay in Merrillville. The room was very clean and comfortable. The morning breakfast was also very good quality and the variety was also welcomed. I was able to park near my room and the location to food and expressways was great.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for choosing the Hampton Inn Merrillville. We would like to thank you for your positive feedback online regarding your recent stay with us. Having a clean and comfortable room is part of our mission as we try to exceed you and all our guests’ expectations. The culture within the hotel is driving our mission of being the cleanest and friendliest hotel so all our guests can have a relaxing and problem-free stay with us. If your travels bring you back to the area we hope that you continue to use the Hampton Inn Merrillville.

A TripAdvisor Member
Des Moines, Iowa
Reviewed May 17, 2013

Staff were terrific, room was clean and well appointed and I had a perfect experience. The breakfast options were plentiful and the food was very good. I will stay again on my next trip through northern Indiana.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Gary G, Manager at Hampton Inn Merrillville, responded to this reviewResponded May 22, 2013

From the entire staff here at the Hampton Inn Merrillville, we would like to thank you for staying with us and for the positive comments you posted online. Clean and friendly is our mission and you received just that with some extra value at breakfast. The staff here is terrific. They all embrace the spirit of hospitality and their genuine care really adds the final touches to a great stay at the Hampton Inn Merrillville. If your travels should bring you back to the area, we hope that you continue to use the Hampton Inn Merrillville!

Enthusiastically,

Reviewed May 7, 2013

The rooms have a modern look and were very clean. The air system worked well and seemed to have recent updates. We were very pleased with the service! It is not often that when leaving a hotel after check-out, the front desk staff ask, "What can we do for you before you leave?" The breakfast was satisfactory for a complimentary breakfast. It could have been better, but it did include some hot items. The pool was well-kept. For a basic hotel with a low price, this is a great stay!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family