“Best Looking Patio I have ever been to”
Review of Villa del Sol

Villa del Sol
Ranked #89 of 155 Restaurants in Merrillville
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed May 7, 2013

Authentic food.Salsa is the best yet, everyone is so friendly and the patio is unbelieveable.The view is outstanding and they really have put there heart and soul into it.Food is priced right.

1  Thank Cindywilliams60

Reviewed March 2, 2013

We love this place! It is close to our house and we have been coming here since it opened. There are several Mexican food restaurants to choose from close to us, but after trying the others, we always come back to this one. The service is good and the food is excellent. My husband was happy to finally find wavo rancheros at a restaurant he was happy with again. He has been looking since we moved! We will keep coming back and look forward to the patio opening up again for the season.

Reviewed February 18, 2013

After being open for more than a year and saying we should stop there, we at last did. We both thought the food was very good I give it very high marks. The prices we thought were in line in fact they were less than our local Pepe's and the food was much better. We understand they have as they bill it the largest outdoor patio in Northwest Indiana it was February so we did not see it, But we will go back to try it out. Very good worth a try

Reviewed January 13, 2013 via mobile

We have been trying for awhile to have dinner at Villa Del Sol, we heard they have an awesome patio...a little too cold for that last night. It has been open for just about a year, the place has been remodeled since it was a rib place many years ago. We were seated in the back, plenty of tv's to watch the football game, mixed crowd of families, couples and sports fans at the small bar. It looks a little tired in the back, floors are scuffed up, chairs scratched, needs some TLC.

We orders some guacamole $8.00, which was prepared table side, nothing special. My BF ordered the mixed alambres $20.00, he loved it and enjoyed the green rice, had a little kick. I ordered the Carlson de camaron, shrimp soup. It arrived so hot I could not touch it for 20 minutes. It was awkward to eat because the shrimp had their tails on. It was described to have vegetables and seasoning, it consisted of thin slivers of onion, tomato, way too many jalapeños and overcooked rubbery shrimp. All the Mexican beers are in bottles and the ice tea was not brewed. Our server was great and funny, she did take off the soup charge, $14.00.

We will comeback when the patio opens and give this place a second chance, hopefully with a coupon.

Reviewed December 19, 2012

I have absolutely nothing bad to say about Villa del Sol.

I had chicken tacos and my fiance had steak tacos; both were very good. I was a little skeptical about the green rice, but it was great--it had just a little bit of a kick to it. The green salsa was awesome.

I also had a mango margarita, and it was amazing. If you go, you have to get one! After the waitress brought me my margarita, a man (I'm assuming he was the manager, because he later came over to our table to ask how our meal was) brought me a glass with the rest of the margarita (what didn't fit in the glass). I thought that that was a nice gesture (:

1  Thank SD_NWI