“Not worth it..”

Motel 6 Merrillville
Ranked #12 of 21 Hotels in Merrillville
“Not worth it..”
Reviewed January 26, 2012

People living there with there dogs,cats,ext,they only clean the rooms,once every 3days,if you want it cleaned daily you have to pay for it...kids running up an down the hall ways,ext..cops came with dogs,an they still have young folks selling drugs...just not worth it..

• Stayed June 2011
1 Thank Zariamckee

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Milwaukee
Reviewed November 1, 2011

Other than a really bad vaccuum job throughout this hotel (the area right under the comforter on the bed, hallways, etc.) there was really not a lot to make me say that the place was bad. The strangest thing, though, was the not-so-eye-pleasing hallways throughout the place. There are narrow hallways painted a strange blue - no artwork - looked like the hallways in some sort of government run home or institution. Never gave me the "home" feeling while there because of this. The area must be rough, too, as you can't even get from the lobby to rooms without swiping your key in a security entry lock for the door. Yep, the door from the lobby to the hallways is locked - even with front desk staff right there!

This is a good place for a one night's stop for a sleeper then back on the road - wouldn't reccomend it for a week long stay or a romantic getaway!! Internet service - - -WARNING - - - though the highway signs say that the hotel has wireless internet, they charge you extra for it!!!!

(I travel all over the country with my job, and I contribute on EVERY hotel I stay in. Trip Advisor has been a great tool for me, and I contribute fairly, for both good and bad facilities.)

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
Stillwater, Minnesota
Reviewed October 30, 2011

Not very clean,found a used washcloth on the shower rod in plain sight.Saw some kind of bug in bathroom. Had trash from fast food joint lying in the middle of the hall.Got there late (11 pm),left early (6 am).Slept with my clothes on,didn't want to take any chances with the bedding.Spend more for a decent room somewhere else!

• Stayed October 2011, traveled solo

Travelers are raving about these Merrillville hotels

Indianapolis
Reviewed January 16, 2011

I took the leap and stayed here despite mostly bad reviews, what I found was it was an average hotel that is good for a cheap price. You get a bed, a bathroom, and a tv...thats about it, no coffee pot, no clock in the room, etc. If you are looking for the cheapest place in the Chicago area, this is it.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed December 21, 2010

The shower was falling apart, the AC unit wasn't working, the in-room phone didn't work and no one seemed to care!! What's worse, is when I called Motel 6 and told them about it, the person who took my call more or less said, "oh well... too bad"! To add insult to injury, I received a "generic" letter of apology. Not my idea of "customer service".

Based on the details above, I wouldn't advise anyone to use Motel 6. I was left with the impression of, "if you don't like it, don't come back!" So, I made that choice.

Stayed August 2010, traveled solo
1 Thank bigpuppyandsnickers
Ft. Wayne, Indiana
Reviewed November 21, 2010

After driving to the point of exhaustion, I stopped in the Merrillville,. Indiana Motel 6. The slim black woman that was behind the counter acted like she was mad I showed up. She asked me If I had a reservation. I said no. She shook her head and said fill out the form, someone else will take over. The way she said this was almost 'hostile'. I almost said something, but instead went aross the border to South Holland, Illinois and stayed at the Regency. I can see why people from Illinois don't like Indiana (just across the border) John, Ft. Wayne, Indiana. I was going to say if she doesn't like her job or people, I'll be more than happy to take her job. (I'm semi-retired and looking for part time work)

• Stayed November 2010, traveled solo
1 Thank 1974hfviking
Importedtexan
Reviewed July 23, 2009

This is like the slum lord of motels. This is absolutely the worst motel EVER!!! Tried to check in at 7:30 p.m. and rooms were not clean even though we had reservations. When we finally got a room all they had were hand towels and wash cloths. When we called 3 times to get bath towels they finally said that they didn't have any bath towels and only hand towels and my husband had to go to the front desk to get them That is absolutely ridiculous!! I didn't even dare try to smell the sheets ... kinda scared to find out what I would discover. This motel really needs to be gutted out and be totally renovated. We were on the first floor and water kept on coming up through the tiles in the bathroom. Couldn't figure out where they were coming from. Must have been a leak through the tiles. I couldn't wait to check out. The motel looks fine from the outside but do not judge a book from it's cover because inside was another story. My mom's room ... the bathtub was painted and peeling off. I had to place 2 air fresheners in our room to alleviate the stench. It was better after awhile. I think I'm going to write a letter to Motel 6 Corporate have one of their upper management check it out for themselves. I am not exaggerating .... it's really that BAD!!! I felt like I was staying in the projects in that motel.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family