“Portillos is awesome.”

Ranked #1 of 155 Restaurants in Merrillville
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night
Reviewed June 24, 2013 via mobile

I stop here everytime I head to Wisconsin. The best Italian beef hands down. Don't miss this place. So make a point to try this place.

Reviewed May 30, 2013 via mobile

Service was good, food was ok (we had a salad and beef sandwich), atmosphere is sort of circus-like with the neon lights and such. It's in a good location which is probably why it was as busy as it was. Not sure if this is really the #1 place here; perhaps other places are better but not enough reviews posted as was for this one.... Overall recommend choosing another restaurant.

Reviewed May 28, 2013

What more do I need to say, its always the best. If you've never had it, you don't know what you missing. I guarantee that you'll love it.

Reviewed May 22, 2013

Only being in town one night for a youth basketball tournament, as usual I searched TripAdvisor for a dinner spot. We selected Portillo's as the top rated choice and we were not disappointed. We ordered a selection of Italian beef sandwiches, Chicago dogs and the ribs for the family; all of them were outstanding, very generously sized and the accompanying French fries were hot and delicious. We've talked about this place several times since we've gotten home and we're thinking about investigating the mail-order option for Italian beef. Easy to get a cold beer from the separate walk-up beer stand, and the food was produced very quickly on a busy Saturday night. Hope we get to come back someday.

1  Thank pointer86
Reviewed May 17, 2013

Food was very good and the atmosphere of the restaurant was very interesting! There were three in our group and by time the girls/staff decided to make and deliver my salad, the others in my group were almost finished eating their meal. I had to finally ask for my salad, as I saw it sit there for quite a few minutes. This place is very good but service needs improved.