“Crazy busy!”

6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Crazy busy!”
Reviewed March 31, 2014

We stopped here after the Lutheran Basketball Tournament at Valparaiso on Saturday. I think everyone else from the tournament did too! It was crazy busy and you could hardly move through the place! There were lines to pick out your candy and lines to buy your candy. My son spotted the large bags of "misfit" gummy worms that were not perfect, so cheaper to purchase. We didn't spend as much time or money here as we could've just because it was so busy. I couldn't see all the different flavors of gummy bears. I'm sure I would've loved to try some!

Visited March 2014

Crown Point, Indiana
51 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 50 helpful votes
“A delicious place to visit and tour and taste”
Reviewed March 12, 2014

A few miles east of I-65 on US 30 you will find Albanese Candy Factory. You can spend little on a sweet treat or go wild and buy beautiful gifts. I believe they are the first and largest maker of gummy bears in the world. But, whether that's true or not, this is a unique stop on any trip.

From a giant chocolate fountain, to dozens and dozens of kinds of candies, to cute decorations, you can easily pass an hour in this shop and never discover all they have to offer. You can buy one piece of candy or pounds of it, and it is all top-notch, first-rate candy. There are tons of retro items such as Beaman's gum and Blackjack gum, Malo cups, candy cigarettes, too many to recall all they have right now.

Kids love this place, the elderly reminisce, and families grant happy faces to each other with their discoveries of favorites and purchases that they will take along on their trip or way home.

Be sure to stop here!

Visited February 2014
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
726 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 405 helpful votes
“Every Child's Dream”
Reviewed February 22, 2014

Heard from her dad, my friend brought me to this factory for a tour but there is actually no tour. You can see the factory from a distance, how they pack the candy. It is a cute store with all kind of candies, even such retro looked-candy. The chocolate fountain didn't work when we were there but after asking it, they turned in on for a 5 minutes. It brings your childhood's dream back, swimming in a candy pool. I like the nuts corner especially spicy cashewnut with garlic, yummy!

Visited October 2013
San Francisco
“The Best”
Reviewed February 16, 2014 credit card Amex Card Member Review

Best gummy bears in the world - no kidding! Found them during a stay at Four Seasons Las Vegas - Ordered them online when we got home - Yum!! Also love the chocolate covered malt balls - simply amazing.

Visited January 2014
Dixon, Illinois
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Gotta stop everytime”
Reviewed February 11, 2014

We have to stop by here to get our candy fix everytime we get the chance to pass through. A lot of the time you can find candy cheap with "damaged" goods. There is such a large selection of candy and you can try samples. And the chocolate waterfall is pretty cool! I do wish they offer a tour of the factory as opposed to listening to tv's and looking through the windows but still the candy!!

Visited June 2013