Red Roof Inn - Merrillville
$126
$84
$81
Agoda.com
All reviewssuperior king roomfront deska great place to stayfridge and microwavestaff was friendlysidewalkpetmall
Reviewed June 25, 2013

I do need to get the good parts out of the way first. This hotel has some of the best lobby coffee I have ever had. The bed was great and the water pressure in the shower was good with the shower head plenty high for a tall person. Now for the bad things. While there was a coffee pot in the room there was no tray for the filter so you couldn't make coffee, it took over 3 hours to get one for our room and then we found out the "tray" was a disposable that should have been stocked with the coffee. This may be petty, but I need my morning coffee and that is why I only book rooms that have in room coffee.The light over the bed was out and when I asked about that (this was Saturday morning) I was told they wouldn't be be able to do anything about it until Monday at the earliest. I have never been in such a dirty room, the carpet actually stuck to your feet as you walked. The drain in the tub was so slow by the time a short shower was over you were standing in 4" of water. We stayed two nights and the second day when we got back the waste can was still over flowing. The floor was not vacuumed and when I asked in the office about the the housekeeping the desk clerk was really indignant that I asked saying if we wanted our room cleaned we had to request it before 9:30 in the morning other wise we should be satisfied that the bed had been made and towels refreshed. I had to empty my own trash. Oh and by the way the coffee was not even restocked as that needed to be requested as well. The shelf where the microwave sat was so dirty it was sticky. I also made the mistake of dropping something and had to look under the bed - I can't tell you when the last time that was vacuumed, but there was a lot more then "dust bunnies" under there. I will not stay here again

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
jnoel2, General Manager at Red Roof Inn - Merrillville, responded to this reviewResponded June 26, 2013

Dear Mike,
I want to thank you for taking the time to write a review detailing your ordeal while a guest at the Red Roof Inn in Merrillville. I have shared your feedback with the entire staff in On behalf of the entire staff, we would like to apologize for our lack service and failing to resolve your issues. In an effort to improve our service and eliminate future guest complaints.

I sincerely hope that you will give us another opportunity to show you an Inn and staff that we are proud of the next time your travel plans bring you back to the Merrillville area.

Janie Noel, General Manager
Red Roof Inn Merrillville

Reviewed June 20, 2013

If we are only in town for a few days or the ABVI is booked we stay here. But only for a few days at a time because they don't offer a weekly rate. The rooms are like most Red Roofs I've ever been to. The staff seemed nice and always helped when I had any questions. And it's in a convenient area food and shopping up and down the road.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business

Thank you so much for your positive review, we pride ourselves in providing our guest with a friendly staff, clean room, a comfy bed. However, someone has misinformed you we do offer very reasonalbe weekly rate.

I am so happy that the staff measured up to your expectations. Please consider us your hospitality hotel when traveling to the Merrillville area.

Reviewed June 13, 2013

The staff was great! The wi-Fi would not work. I called the trouble center and they did try to correct the problem.
We had to leave because I needed the wi-Fi. The staff did not know how to handle the problem. The morning prison had no Ida there was a problem

Stayed: June 2013

Thank you so much for your review. I am pleased that you thought our staff was great. It is always a pleasure to hear the feedback from our valued guest, and I want to apoligize for the poor wi-fi service that you experienced. We are working to constantly improving this service.
Thank you again and please consider us your hospitality hotel should your travel plans bring you back to the Merrillville area.

Reviewed May 24, 2013

The staff were very nice and informative. They tried to help you in any way possible. the room was larger than most and very clean. the room had all the extra pieces that you are starting to expect in motel rooms now. But in some cases start to really make it hard to get around in the room. These had enough room to handle it.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 15, 2013

I would like the world to know how professional Mr. Marzette was during my stay. Mr. Marzette excellent service by listening to my needs as I was in town for a funeral. He spoke well, dressed well, and really made my hotel stay pleasant. If you are ever in town and stay at Red Roof Inn your in for top customer service,

Room Tip: Tell the customer service representative your desires.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
jnoel2, General Manager at Red Roof Inn - Merrillville, responded to this reviewResponded April 23, 2013

Vincent, thank you for taking the time to write such a wonderful review. Marzette and the entire staff look forward to accomodating all of our valued guest needs. As you mention in your review, "Tell the customer service rep your desires." and we will try to forfill every single one....
Again, thank you for your review and please consider us your hotel of choice should your travel plans bring you back to the Merrillville area.