“Nice Place”

Ranked #13 of 21 Hotels in Merrillville
Saint Louis, Missouri
“Nice Place”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 20, 2013

If we are only in town for a few days or the ABVI is booked we stay here. But only for a few days at a time because they don't offer a weekly rate. The rooms are like most Red Roofs I've ever been to. The staff seemed nice and always helped when I had any questions. And it's in a convenient area food and shopping up and down the road.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
jnoel2, General Manager at Red Roof Inn - Merrillville, responded to this review, June 26, 2013
Thank you so much for your positive review, we pride ourselves in providing our guest with a friendly staff, clean room, a comfy bed. However, someone has misinformed you we do offer very reasonalbe weekly rate.

I am so happy that the staff measured up to your expectations. Please consider us your hospitality hotel when traveling to the Merrillville area.

i0015@redroof.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 13, 2013 via mobile

The staff was great! The wi-Fi would not work. I called the trouble center and they did try to correct the problem.
We had to leave because I needed the wi-Fi. The staff did not know how to handle the problem. The morning prison had no Ida there was a problem

Stayed June 2013
Thank you so much for your review. I am pleased that you thought our staff was great. It is always a pleasure to hear the feedback from our valued guest, and I want to apoligize for the poor wi-fi service that you experienced. We are working to constantly improving this service.
Thank you again and please consider us your hospitality hotel should your travel plans bring you back to the Merrillville area.

i0015@redroof.com
Womelsdorf
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 24, 2013

The staff were very nice and informative. They tried to help you in any way possible. the room was larger than most and very clean. the room had all the extra pieces that you are starting to expect in motel rooms now. But in some cases start to really make it hard to get around in the room. These had enough room to handle it.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
indianapolis
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 15, 2013

I would like the world to know how professional Mr. Marzette was during my stay. Mr. Marzette excellent service by listening to my needs as I was in town for a funeral. He spoke well, dressed well, and really made my hotel stay pleasant. If you are ever in town and stay at Red Roof Inn your in for top customer service,

Room Tip: Tell the customer service representative your desires.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
jnoel2, General Manager at Red Roof Inn - Merrillville, responded to this review, April 23, 2013
Vincent, thank you for taking the time to write such a wonderful review. Marzette and the entire staff look forward to accomodating all of our valued guest needs. As you mention in your review, "Tell the customer service rep your desires." and we will try to forfill every single one....
Again, thank you for your review and please consider us your hotel of choice should your travel plans bring you back to the Merrillville area.

Broomfield, Colorado
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 10, 2013

Close to highways make this place unpleasant. Is one of the cheapest hotel from area. This is the best part in staying here. Is not worth it to spend more when you sleep and wake up with highway noise in your head!
At check-in the room was not so clean as I expect. Another guest complain with same problem. Other then that I cannot say much. The whole area is a huge shopping center, you'll find what you want here (well, almost). For shopping session is heaven.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Alice, thank you for taking the time to write a review. I have shared your feedback with the entire staff and they were sadden to hear that your stay was not a pleasurable one. While being located off the expressway makes for an ideal location for our travelers, we were sorry to hear that the noise from the expressway prevented you from getting a good nights sleep. Please accept my sincerest apology on behalf of the staff. However, we were delighted to hear that you enjoyed the numerous shopping outlet, and stores that Merrillville has to offer.

Mission, South Dakota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 21, 2013

This was a great hotel for the price we paid! The room was clean and all the basics were provided that any traveler would need. The hotel was also located in a good location-close to several restaurants and stores. Also, the staff were all very nice. One staff in particular, Marzette, was very helpful and friendly to us during our stay there. He offered great customer service to us while we were there. I would recommend this hotel to anyone traveling through Merrillville, Indiana!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your wonderful review. Marzette and the staff are always excitedto hear about our valued guest stay and it is always a pleasure to see one of our staff members being recognized for the service they provide. Your recommendation means a lot to me and my team as we are always looking for new ways to make our guest stay an enjoyable one.

Please consider us your hotel of choice should your travel plans bring you back to the Merrillville area.

Indianapolis, Indiana
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 13, 2013

I reserved my room online. When I checked in my mother decided she wanted to get a room to spend time with her grandchildren. She was not allowed to use the senior discount in person because she didn't reserve her room online. I thought if your a senior you're one all the time. We had the same size room and her room was 14 bucks more. Also, upon check in I observed the comforter had toothpaste on it. I immediately called down to the desk and was told they would send up a clean one. After waiting 10 minutes I called the desk again and was told "I didn't forget about you". Still no clean linen! I had to leave to go to a rehersal dinner, I returned 5 hours later to the same nasty bedding. My mother's room smelled of dead fish upon check-in, she also immediately called the desk and requested another room. The 2nd room smelled better but the desk lamp was broken and who wants to be held accountable for something they didn't do.Restrooms in both rooms were nasty with stained shower walls, soap dish moldy, Did n't bother to call the desk on that one, couldn't get a clean comforter dropped off so getting someone to clean the bathroom was a no brainer . Fortunately, there was a Wal-mart near by. Clorox bathroom cleaner was able to get off most of it. I complained enough to the new desk person on shift that stated the young lady acknowledged I called the desk with the request earlier, but no one was in the room. When I asked dont' they have a master key then suddenly she became quiet. I recieved a hospitality credit, but unfortunately my 63 year old mother didn't. I wouldn't refer my worst enemy to this hotel.

Room Tip: Make sure you check the room for cleaniness, because housekeeping needs to be fired! Front desk lies...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
jnoel2, General Manager at Red Roof Inn - Merrillville, responded to this review, March 14, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review detailing your ordeal while choosing to lodge at the Red Roof Inn in Merrillville. On behalf of the entire staff, we would like to apologize for our lack service and failing to resolve your issues. There is no excuse for our guest service representative failing to bring you a clean bedspread or for the housekeeping department leaving a stained bedspread on the bed. I have shared your feedback with the entire staff in order to improve our service and eliminate future guest complaints. If you could contact the location I would be more than happy to make things right for your mom. You are correct we honor all senior rates via central reservations or direct bookings with the property.
I sincerely hope that you will give us another opportunity to serve you should your travel plans bring you back to the Merrillville area.

Janie Noel

Travelers are raving about these Merrillville hotels