“Good value, but the two things that I wanted weren't quite like I imagined”

Red Roof Inn - Merrillville
Ranked #10 of 22 Hotels in Merrillville
Reviewed February 1, 2013

I stayed here because the weather conditions made it impossible to drive further.
Pros:
- I got a very inexpensive room (Hotwire rate)
- Seems rather clean
Cons:
- Nonsmoking? Not really.
- Free WiFi in the room? Yeah, but 0 or 1 bars reception.
- Rather hard to find without GPS.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
jnoel2, Manager at Red Roof Inn - Merrillville, responded to this reviewResponded February 3, 2013

Thank you for your review. We were sad to hear that your stay did not meet our standards or the standards that our valued guest are use to seeing when they stay at a Red Roof Inn. I shared your comments with the entire staff. We hope that you will give us another opportunity to serve you should your travel plans bring you back to the Merrilliville area.

Reviewed January 15, 2013

On our recent road trip, we decided to stop and stay at a hotel last minute. We did not have reservations and wanted somewhere to just sleep for the night. We saw the brightly lit sign from the highway and hoped we would get a good deal and a place to sleep. Our expectations were not very high, but once we arrived to the lobby we were greeted by a friendly staff member, Patrick made sure our stay surpassed our expectations. He was very friendly and found us a quiet, clean room on the lower level. The rooms were remodeled and were the COZIEST rooms we had ever stayed in! We needed extra towels and pillows. We called down to Patrick at the desk, thinking we would have to wait for pillows and towels in the middle of the night, but he made sure our extra towels and pillows arrived promptly and they did!

Our short stay was by far the friendliest, cleanest, and most prompt service we had ever had. We travel often were more than impressed with what what we got for the price we paid.

All we need in the future is a splendid, indoor, heated pool and it would be the best hotel!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
jnoel2, General Manager at Red Roof Inn - Merrillville, responded to this reviewResponded January 30, 2013

Thank you for your wonderful. We were pleased to hear that Patrick exceeded your expecations. In your review you mention how cozy our new room made you feel. We were excited to hear that you approve of our recent renovations.

Please consider us your hotel of choice should your travel plans bring you back to the Merrilliville area.

Reviewed January 13, 2013

Arrived very late, after midnight. Patrick, at the front desk was very nice and accommodating. We asked for extra pillows, which he got for us right away! A very Nice place to stay and Very reasonably priced. When we travel again we will be staying here. Felt very safe and comfortable.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank kimatc
jnoel2, Manager at Red Roof Inn - Merrillville, responded to this reviewResponded January 15, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review our location. I have shared your comments with Millie and Patrick and they were happy to read your wonderful comments. Please consider us your hotel of choice should your travel plans bring you back to the Merrillville area.

Reviewed January 12, 2013

This is an older motel that seems to have gotten upgrades is some areas but not others.It has free WiFi ,but the blanket on our bed was full of cigarette burns(it was a non- smoking room).The bathroom was.large but had no shelves to place toiletries. Front desk staff were nice. All in all its an ok place.to spend.a night.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
jnoel2, General Manager at Red Roof Inn - Merrillville, responded to this reviewResponded January 15, 2013

Thank you for your review. In your review you mention our upgrades. We did a renovation that included: new mattresses, elegant duvets and bed skirts, new carpet, paind and we are now 100% Smoke Free. We were sad to hear that your stay did not meet our standards or the standards that our value guest are use to seeing when they stay at a Red Roof Inn. I shared your comments with the entire staff. You can be assured that we resolved your areas of concern and we hope that you will give us another opportunity to serve you should your travel plans bring you back to the Merrilliville area.

Reviewed December 31, 2012

I believe her name was millie that works in the laundry department. her kindness and eager to please attitude surpasses even the marriots and hiltons management staff.I stayed for a bit and could have not been more pleased with the staff .patrick in the front office could have not been more helpful either..why pay for those high dollar places when you can stay at this partiicular red roof and get the high dollar service..hats off to this establishment.will certainitly be back to be greeted by these fine folks again,,thanks for your friendly hoosier
hospitality

Room Tip: hmmm,, ask if millie still works there and which room she did,,:)
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family

Thank you for your kind review. It is always a pleasure to see our valued guest acknowledge the staff. Millie and Patrick were delighted that you mention there names in your review and on behalf of the entire staff we thank you.

Red Roof Inn takes pride in providing our guest with clean and comfortable rooms at reasonalbe rate. If you travel back to Merrilliville consider us your hotel of choice.

Janie Noel

Reviewed December 27, 2012

I was in town in December to visit my family. We came in late and checked in with Patrick. We stayed for about a week. Whatever we needed, towels, linens, h and b aids, directions around town, Millie made us feel like we were at home! Thank you Patrick and Millie!!! We'll see you soon again!

Room Tip: Rooms on the south side have a view of the pond
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
jnoel2, Owner at Red Roof Inn - Merrillville, responded to this reviewResponded January 15, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review.We were so pleased to be your "get away" location. I have shared your comment with Annette and the entire staff.

Again, thank you and please consider us your hotel of choice should your travel plans bring you back to the Merrilliville location.

Reviewed December 23, 2012

I stayed at the hotel on Friday Dec 14 and I need a get a way. Tht Saturday I was checking out and in the process of checking out I ran into Annette one of the housekeeper and she asked me did I need anything before I was leaving and I informed her I was leaving and she was very concerned with wether I was comfortable and I agreed tht I was. I was very please with Annette's concern. As well as my stay Thanks Red Roof and keep up the good wrk!!!!!!'n

• Stayed: December 2012
jnoel2, General Manager at Red Roof Inn - Merrillville, responded to this reviewResponded December 28, 2012

Thank you so much for your review. We are so pleased that you enjoyed our newly renovated rooms equpped with pillowtop mattresses, free-wi, and flat screen tv's. Annette was positively delighted to read your kind words and that you personally mention her by name.

Again thank you and we look forward to your next visit at the Red Roof Inn in Merrillville.

Janie Noel