“This room needs some attention”
Review of Econo Lodge

Econo Lodge
Ranked #19 of 21 Hotels in Merrillville
Torrington, Wyoming
“This room needs some attention”
Reviewed July 4, 2013

Over time, we've stayed at Econo Lodges whenever we can and have been well satisfied with both the accommodations and the price. However, this time we got a rude surprise. We were informed that this motel had recently went through a renovation. The location, appearance both outside and in, staff, and check in was good to great. Then, at the west entrance it happened. The cleaning staff were holding the outside entry door open while they smoked their cigarettes. The entry had wallpaper loose and hanging and stunk like some chemical. Just inside the interior entry door was our room door. The hall showed the results of an excellent renovation. Very pleasing. Upon entering our assigned roomed, it was obvious the previous occupant(s) had smoked their cigarettes in there. The air conditioner set on high soon took care of that situation. However, the dirty carpet soon turned our white socks black, the sink didn't have a stopper, and the bathroom floor was missing some tile and had chunks of dried tile adhesive sticking up. It appears the renovation didn't include this room. The bed was excellent as were the breakfasts. We are assuming this room just got overlooked as the rest of the place looked great.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
General Manager E, General Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this review, July 13, 2013
Thank you so much for bringing these things to our attention. I have personally along with my maintenance team taken care of these issues. I hope that you will be willing to try us again in the future.

Thank you.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Reviewed July 3, 2013

The shower still has someone's soap and washcloth. No security chain on door. Electrical cover missing. Bathroom tile is grossome. No dryer or towel rack k in bathroom. No light cover on ceiling light. Hallway makes you I'll before you get to the room. Sorry I booked this place. Don't make the same mistake!

• Stayed July 2013

Travelers are raving about these Merrillville hotels

Reviewed May 30, 2013 via mobile

After the terrible reviews I expected a house of horrors. I found friendly staff, huge room with table and chairs, nice couch and reading chair with coffee table, great bed, modern bathroom and immaculately clean.
I could complain that one electric plug was missing its cover, and only one shampoo, or that the hot tub was gone and the pool was cool... But why would I want to?
I walked 100 feet to the Crackerbarrel.. Yum, sweet tea and grits....and all for $ 46.80 !

• Stayed May 2013
4 Thank Gegegoodlander
General Manager E, General Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this review, May 31, 2013
Thank you so much for the feedback. We are happy to hear that your stay with us has been pleasant. We appreciate your review as well and hope that you will be staying with us again in the future.

Safe Travels!
Kalona, Iowa
Reviewed May 27, 2013

When I checked into this hotel, they asked me to sign a quiet policy that stated I would be responsible for any noise after 11 P.M. and if after one warning, I would have to leave. This policy made it a very quiet hotel after 11 P.M.

Our room looked like the maid had forgotten to finish sweeping but the girl from the front desk came immediately and swept the area.

Breakfast is just bagels, toast, donuts, juice, coffee, and cereal.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
General Manager E, Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this review, May 29, 2013
We're very pleased that you were happy with the quietness of our property. I do apologize for the uncleanliness you experienced and I appreciate you bringing it to our attention so that we can make sure that it does not happen again in the future. We hope that you will be back to stay with us again soon.

Reviewed January 1, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for one night with 5 kids. Indoor pool was very cold and hot tub was almost as cold. No pool towels were available. Rooms were big and clean. Two queen beds in each room were comfortable and clean. Breakfast was very limited and was actually completely cleaned out and not serviced. After waiting, they eventually brought out more food. This place is okay if you need a cheap place with clean comfortable beds. Don't expect great amenities or service

• Stayed December 2012
I apologize that your stay was unsatisfactory. We are under new management now and we have made sure to pay extra special attention to all of our feedback. We sincerely hope that you would give us another try in the future.

Merrillville
Reviewed December 21, 2012

I was appalled to see the garbage can at the front door overflowing with trash, which spilled out along the side of the entrance and onto the walkway. Filth also in the hallways and rooms! I HAVE PICS

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

1 Thank laurie p
I apologize that your stay was unsatisfactory. We are under new management now and we have made sure to pay extra special attention to all of our feedback, yours included. We sincerely hope that you would give us another try in the future as we have made numerous changes since your previous stay.

Saint Paul, Minnesota
Reviewed December 20, 2012

When my family and I arrived at econolodge,first impression.What did I get my family into?There was so many people in the lobby late at night,being very loud,using profanity as well.Being that this location is neigboring gary,indiana still I gave the benifit of the dought.HUGE MISTAKE!The room smelled horrible,the hallway was no better.The only good thing and I do meanthe ONLY GOOD THING about this place was Shannons great customer service,she was sweet and so very helpful.We left after a short while because of fear for our safety.I hope this review helps managment to stop letting the flow of local trash come into this hotel because it could be a nice place to stay.Give Shannon a raise for putting herself in danger.

Room Tip: Stay faraway from anything on the first floor