Baymont Inn & Suites Merrillville
Home2.com
$116
$103
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of $119/night.

$87
$77
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of $87/night.

$130
$117
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of $130/night.

$90
Fairfield Inn
All reviewsshort stayoff the highwaycomplimentary breakfastone night stayindoor poolparking lotchicago
Reviewed May 14, 2012

This hotel is pretty par for the course for a Holiday Inn Express. We are usually not disappointed. The front desk staff was very friendly and gave us some free popcorn & water bottle due to our priority club status. The breakfast was okay although the dining area was pretty cramped and you had to maneauver your way around tables to get to your table because when chairs were pulled out with people sitting in them, there was no way to get through. The only downside I can think of is the odd exit off the highway to the service road to get there. Odd exit and the service road is in dire need of repairs. Otherwise I have no complaints about the hotel itself.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed February 15, 2012

Cleanliness of my room was average, the hotel has a musty smell everywhere though. The bathroom sink has less water pressure than anywhere I have ever stayed, so shaving or brushing teeth was hard to do. The worst thing was that they don't seem to fix anything- there were two broken light bulbs in my room so it wasn't light enough in there. Also, the dead bolt lock on the door was so loose that it barely worked and shower head obviously hadn't been cleaned in a long time. Overall, this unfortunately seems to be par for the course for any HIE anymore, that is why I don't stay at many of them anymore- they seem to think that "average" is good enough. I have tried contacting several members of IHG management to voice my concerns, but no one there has ever replied.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
3  Thank tc3399
oconnorjo, Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Merrillville, responded to this reviewResponded June 9, 2012

I appreciate your comments regarding the Holiday Inn Express Merrillville. Since your visit, we have made significant changes in personnel at this hotel, including a new manager and maintenance person. The issues you experienced have been addressed and corrected. I hope you choose to stay with us again the next time you are in the area.

Regards,

John OConnor
Regional VP

Reviewed December 10, 2010

The hotel is clean but very outdated. The TV in room is old, the bathroom is small and the gym in a joke. Breakfast is the bare minimum for a HIE breakfast.

Stayed: December 2010, traveled on business

I appreciate your comments regarding the Holiday Inn Express Merrillville. The issues you experienced have been addressed and corrected, including the purchase of all new flat panel TV's for all guest rooms. I hope you choose to stay with us again the next time you are in the area.

Regards,

John OConnor
Regional VP

Reviewed November 8, 2010

We love staying at Holiday Inn Express's, our 5 year old daughter loves to swim and they usually have a great pool, we also love the breakfast! The staff that checked us in was friendly, the room was typical, bathroom also typical, we noticed a bunch of stray hairs in tub and on floor on par w/ other Holiday Inn Express's that we have stayed at. Breakfast was great, eggs, sausage, plenty of breads and yogurts. I'm a type one diabetic, so I really like that there are foods I can eat, not just donuts or pastrys. The only problem we had was that everything in the room was scented. I have allergies to fragrances and it was a big deal breaker. Even the pillows and sheets smelled. Because of that we will not be able to stay there the next time we are in the area. I went to talk to the desk clerk and couldn't find one, so I called from my cell phone, I had waited at least 10 minutes and there was a line by the time I called. He finally came out of the back room and even though I told him 3 times that it was me that had called he kept trying to answer the phone that was no longer ringing. I asked the night clerk about maybe getting a pillow case that wasn't scented and he just stared at me. For about 10 seconds then he turned around and walked away.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled with family
2  Thank Emily46217
Reviewed November 23, 2008

It was a short stay, as I arrived close to midnight and left the next morning, but I was very happy to check in and find a spotlessly clean and comfortable room. The huge king size bed and the always clean and comfortable Holiday Inn Express linens were welcoming and relaxing.

The bathroom was large and clean, and the complimentary toiletries that HIE provides are always nice.

The television had a large selection of stations and had very clear reception.

The breakfast food seemed a bit stale, but that might have been because I ate late. It would have been excellent if fresh....scrambled eggs, biscuits (no gravy, although there was supposed to be), bacon, potatoes, juice, cereal, etc.

As always, I know when I select HIE I won't be disappointed and that I can count on a clean, relaxing stay.

• Stayed: November 2008, traveled solo