“VERY CLEAN”

Hilton Garden Inn Merrillville
Ranked #1 of 22 Hotels in Merrillville
Reviewed June 18, 2014

The Hotel and it's staff are amazing!!! This property is very clean and the staff is beyond helpful. The location of this Hilton Garden Inn is in the center of everything. There is every restaurant you would ever want to eat at in close proximity. The reason for our trip was for my daughter's softball tournament.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
Kevin M, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Merrillville, responded to this reviewResponded June 19, 2014

Desireed20,
Thank you so much for your very kind words! I am absolutely delighted that you had an excellent stay with us. If you have any additional comments that you would like to share, or if there are any members of our staff that you would like to recognize, please email me at Kevin.McMullin@hilton.com. I hope that we have the opportunity to wow you again sometime in the near future! I will be sure to share your wonderful comments with my staff as well.

Reviewed June 17, 2014

The room was clean and the staff very nice. Downsides - Bed was hard and if your room is by any exit you have to deal with the people who go outside to smoke. We were literally 2 rooms from that door, across from the ice machine and across from the pool. Not exactly a quiet place to be.

Room Tip: Make sure you are not near an exit if you don't like smoking. Also, stay away from the rooms by...
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Souris52

Souris52,
Thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience! I am so terribly sorry that you had anything less than an excellent stay. We are actively working with our staff to make sure that noise management is one of our top priorities. I will also work with my staff to make sure that we demonstrate to all guests how to use our adjustable beds. I completely understand how it would be displeasing to sleep on a bed that is not set to your comfort level. I would love to discuss this with you further if you have the time. If you would, please email me at Kevin.McMullin@hilton.com so that I can ensure that you and our other valued guests always have an excellent stay. It is feedback like yours that helps us to always be improving! Thank you again!

Reviewed June 10, 2014

I reviewed this Hotel not long ago (see Trip Advisor) - it's a great place to stay - from check in to check out (plus breakfast) my statement was - if you want to know how customer service should be - you need to stay here at least once to experience it.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Laurie043
Kevin M, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Merrillville, responded to this reviewResponded June 13, 2014

Laurie043,
Thank you so much for your kind words! I am so glad that we lived up to your expectations for excellence once again! I hope that we will again have the chance to serve you in the future. Take care!

Reviewed June 5, 2014

we stayed at this Hilton Garden Inn for a family wedding and the rooms were great the hotel was very nice and the people working there were friendly. The atmosphere of the hotel was lovely and it was very close to our wedding location so it was an ideal choice for our stay

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Peggy B
Kevin M, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Merrillville, responded to this reviewResponded June 7, 2014

Dear Peggy B,
Thank you so much for your kind words. I am so glad that your stay was comfortable and clean. We at the Hilton Garden Inn - Merrillville pride ourselves on giving guests a great stay with excellent service. I am also glad to hear that everything was convenient for your event. I sincerely hope that we have the opportunity to serve you again in the future and provide you the same excellent service! If you have any additional comments, please feel free to contact me directly at kevin.mcmullin@hilton.com.
Have a great weekend!

Reviewed June 4, 2014

During the first night, the whirlpool of the suite above us (third floor) began leaking, streaming through the ceiling into our room at 2:30am. The staff switched me out of the room a few minutes later and refunded me for that night. The room for the following night reeked of cigarette smoke, which was known problem left unresolved.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Jeremy N
Joshua S, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Merrillville, responded to this reviewResponded June 6, 2014

Dear Jeremy,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay at our hotel. We apologize for the inconvenience you experienced with the water leaking and cigarette smell during your stay. We’re actively working with our staff to ensure it doesn’t happen again. We hope you will give us another chance if you visit this area in the future.

Best regards,

Joshua Sanders
Hotel Manager

Reviewed May 30, 2014

The hotel was fine to stay at, but one of the elevators was broken, and the floors were sticky down the hall to the elevators, and it was a bit warm in the hotel overall. I don't think they changed the sheets on the bed, just remade the bed...

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank Lauren T
Joshua S, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Merrillville, responded to this reviewResponded June 2, 2014

Dear Lauren T.,

Thank you for taking the time to give us some feedback regarding your most recent experience. I do apologize for one of the elevators being down during your visit. We are doing everything necessary to ensure they are fully functional, as soon as possible. Thank you for taking the time to post a review on Trip Advisor. There are a few other things in your review that I would like to discuss with you further. At your earliest convenience would you mind contacting me at the hotel? The number there is 219-769-7100. Thank you for staying with us. It would be wonderful if you would be able to visit us again in the future.

Safe Travels,

Joshua Sanders

Reviewed May 29, 2014

Very nice, clean and comfortable hotel with great staff. The staff is very accomandating and friendly. There is a great restaurant and bar on the property. Great place to stay if you're in the area. The are tons of restaurants within walking and driving distance.

Room Tip: Do not stay by the elevator if you're a light sleeper.
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank MzGkc
Maria L, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Merrillville, responded to this reviewResponded May 30, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I'm glad to hear you enjoyed your time with us. We really are in a great location with shopping and dining options near by. We hope to see you again in the near future.