“Very clean, friendly hotel”

Hilton Garden Inn Merrillville
Ranked #1 of 21 Hotels in Merrillville
Reviewed June 5, 2014

we stayed at this Hilton Garden Inn for a family wedding and the rooms were great the hotel was very nice and the people working there were friendly. The atmosphere of the hotel was lovely and it was very close to our wedding location so it was an ideal choice for our stay

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Peggy B
Kevin M, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Merrillville, responded to this reviewResponded June 7, 2014

Dear Peggy B,
Thank you so much for your kind words. I am so glad that your stay was comfortable and clean. We at the Hilton Garden Inn - Merrillville pride ourselves on giving guests a great stay with excellent service. I am also glad to hear that everything was convenient for your event. I sincerely hope that we have the opportunity to serve you again in the future and provide you the same excellent service! If you have any additional comments, please feel free to contact me directly at kevin.mcmullin@hilton.com.
Have a great weekend!

Regards,
Kevin McMullin - Associate General Manager

There are newer reviews for Hilton Garden Inn Merrillville

Reviewed June 4, 2014

During the first night, the whirlpool of the suite above us (third floor) began leaking, streaming through the ceiling into our room at 2:30am. The staff switched me out of the room a few minutes later and refunded me for that night. The room for the following night reeked of cigarette smoke, which was known problem left unresolved.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Jeremy N
Joshua S, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Merrillville, responded to this reviewResponded June 6, 2014

Dear Jeremy,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay at our hotel. We apologize for the inconvenience you experienced with the water leaking and cigarette smell during your stay. We’re actively working with our staff to ensure it doesn’t happen again. We hope you will give us another chance if you visit this area in the future.

Best regards,

Joshua Sanders
Hotel Manager

Reviewed May 30, 2014

The hotel was fine to stay at, but one of the elevators was broken, and the floors were sticky down the hall to the elevators, and it was a bit warm in the hotel overall. I don't think they changed the sheets on the bed, just remade the bed...

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank Lauren T
Joshua S, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Merrillville, responded to this reviewResponded June 2, 2014

Dear Lauren T.,

Thank you for taking the time to give us some feedback regarding your most recent experience. I do apologize for one of the elevators being down during your visit. We are doing everything necessary to ensure they are fully functional, as soon as possible. Thank you for taking the time to post a review on Trip Advisor. There are a few other things in your review that I would like to discuss with you further. At your earliest convenience would you mind contacting me at the hotel? The number there is 219-769-7100. Thank you for staying with us. It would be wonderful if you would be able to visit us again in the future.

Safe Travels,

Joshua Sanders

Reviewed May 29, 2014

Very nice, clean and comfortable hotel with great staff. The staff is very accomandating and friendly. There is a great restaurant and bar on the property. Great place to stay if you're in the area. The are tons of restaurants within walking and driving distance.

Room Tip: Do not stay by the elevator if you're a light sleeper.
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank MzGkc
Maria L, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Merrillville, responded to this reviewResponded May 30, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I'm glad to hear you enjoyed your time with us. We really are in a great location with shopping and dining options near by. We hope to see you again in the near future.

Reviewed May 28, 2014

We were in the Merrillville area for a wedding and decided to stay at the HGI after seeing their incredible prices and great reviews. My wife and I wanted a place that we'd be able to relax and unwind—and this hotel offered just that. It was a busy weekend for the hotel, two weddings on the property, a baseball team in town tournament and many couples just like us in the lobby, so we asked the front desk attendant, Jamie, if we could have a room where we'd be quiet. He put us in a quiet room on the third floor and we didn't hear anything the entire duration of our stay.

The beds have a personal comfort level where you can select if you'd like your side of the bed to be firm or soft, there were plenty of pillows and linens and the bathroom had a large vanity. There's also a fridge, ironing board and iron in the room, which was so nice to have during our three-day stay. One of the slight disappointments was the lack of any included breakfast (must be purchased for $9.99/person) but there were lots of options in the area.

If we were in the area again we'd definitely stay here again. Convenient access to the highway, top-notch staff and a comfortable room made this a great stay for our weekend away!

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the third floor, away from other rooms. They'll be happy to move you.
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank danebenton
Maria L, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Merrillville, responded to this reviewResponded May 29, 2014

Thank you for writing a review. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us in Merrillville. I will be sure to pass on your comments to the staff. We hope to have you as our guest again in the near future.

Reviewed May 26, 2014

There is a wonderful lobby with fireplace, bar, and snacks. The staff was friendly, helpful, and ready to assist us quickly. The pool and hot tub area were family friendly and even had lifts for handicap accessible needs. The hotel is easily to access from the highway and close to shopping and restaurants.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
Maria L, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Merrillville, responded to this reviewResponded May 28, 2014

Thank you for reviewing our hotel. I am very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. We look forward to serving you as our guest the next time your travels bring you to the Merrillville area.

Reviewed May 24, 2014

I have never written a bad review about anything but my
stay at the Hilton garden inn was so unpleasant I had to do something. I was assigned to a room fairly close to the lobby not knowing a bus load of loud obnoxious guests were to arrive between midnight and 1am and proceed to talk down the hallway all through the night. The walls are so paper thin that even had they been trying to be quiet, it would still sound like my room was being taken over by a mob. A call to the front desk was worthless since the man working was talking to and cheering on the rowdy guests.
The beds are hard, pillows too soft and walls too thin. I will never come back.

• Stayed: May 2014
Maria L, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Merrillville, responded to this reviewResponded May 27, 2014

I would like to apologize that you were not please with our facility during your recent stay with us. We always strive for 100% guest satisfaction and I would like to apologize for falling short of that while you were here. Rest assured, I will look into the situation with my staff and provide additional training as needed. Thank you for taking the time to let me know about your Stay.

Best Regards