“Business in Gary”

Ranked #1 of 21 Hotels in Merrillville
Indianapolis, United States
“Business in Gary”
Reviewed November 7, 2013

I love staying here when I have business in Gary. Although Gary sucks, Merrilville is nice and the hotel is great and surrounded by lots of places to eat and shop that are actually within walk distance, but I suggest you drive. The beds are extremely comfy and the hot tub is nice for a soak after a long day.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business

1 Thank Jamie R

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
Indianapolis, United States
Reviewed October 31, 2013

I have stayed at many hotels over the years for business and pleasure and have never posted a review. The staff at this hotel were so friendly and courteous that I have to highly recommend this location. By far the best hotel experience that I've had due completely to the staff.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Joseph N, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Merrillville, responded to this review, November 5, 2013
Christina,

First of all, thank you for choosing the Hilton Garden Inn Merrilville for your travels to Northwest Indiana. I am glad to hear that our staff was able to provide you with the the"highest level of customer service"!!! We take pride in serving our guests at the highest level possible!!! I hope you will choose us again on your next trip to Nortwest Indiana.

Safe Travels,

Joseph Noworyta
Assistant General Manager
Hilton Garden Inn Merrillville, Indiana
Joseph.Noworyta@hilton.com
East Coast
Reviewed October 30, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for 1 night in a King Whirlpool Suite and was very pleased with my experience.

Check-in was quick and efficient and the reception desk staff were very friendly and courteous. Linens appeared to be freshly laundered (even the duvet!) and the room, including the bathroom and hot tub, was clean. Shower water pressure was fine and the hot tub worked well. The free wireless internet connection was more than adequate for my needs.

Parking was free and plentiful, and the hotel was easy to reach from I-65. I did not have any issues with highway noise and it was very convenient to have a hotel near so many restaurants and shops.

Photos on the hotel website accurately reflected my experience, but I did not visit the pool area.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
I'm so thrilled to hear that you had an amazing time here at the Hilton Garden Inn Merrillville Indiana. A very well put, and concise review on the things that truly matter.

We look forward to welcoming you back for many future visits to Merrillville, and I hope that next time you get to use our wonderful pool area! Please reach out to me on your return visit, as I would love to introduce myself and meet you.

Safe Travels!!!

Joseph Noworyta
Assistant General Manager
Hilton Garden Inn Merrillville
Joseph.Noworyta@hilton.com
East Greenwich, Rhode Island
Reviewed October 29, 2013

I stayed here for three nights and it was three quiet nights in a comfortable room and a friendly staff. The only hitch was when I almost inadvertantly "dined and dashed" form breakfast. Usually at HGIs the breakfast is part of the room. apparently here it is not so you can't assume. Otherwise, I enjoyed my stay here

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed October 29, 2013

Affordable option after a concert in Chicago. A lot of local resturant options and shopping available in Merriville. Half the cost of staying in Chicago when you remember the cost of parking as well as the room

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

Indiana
Reviewed October 28, 2013

I have frequent business trips to the Region and this is the best place to stay. They have first class ammenities and a quiet location in which to get rested and relaxed for the next work day. Easy access to I 65 and I 94 as well as the rest of the South Chicago Market.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business

Bloomington, Illinois
Reviewed October 22, 2013

I typically stay at Hilton brand hotels because of the quality I normally find and this was no exception. The hotel lobby is very inviting and my room was clean, comfortable, and well maintained. The hot breakfast buffet in the morning had numerous choices, including made to order omelettes and the food was hot and fresh. The staff was friendly. Definitely a place I would stay again next time I'm in town.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family