“Great location, friendly staff ”

Hilton Garden Inn Merrillville
Ranked #2 of 21 Hotels in Merrillville
“Great location, friendly staff ”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 20, 2013 via mobile

This was our second visit to this property. Hotel is everything you expect from HGI. Clean rooms, comfortable beds. Staff is awesome. Conveniently 2 blocks off interstate in a nice area with plenty of chain casual restaurants nearby, including Starbucks, IHOP, Coopers Hawk, etc. Mall and Target are a couple blocks away. Not a five star hotel of course, but I give it five stars as an HGI. Would definitely stay here anytime I'm in the area.

Stayed October 2013
1 Thank Gracenava

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
Spokane
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 19, 2013

FANTASTIC staff!! Many greet us by name upon arrival or when they first see us. Always clean & comfortable. Cooked to order or breakfast buffet is a decided plus! Great location (handy to the expressways and central to numerous northwest Indiana commmunities.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family

Gary, Indiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 16, 2013

I mentioned a situation with the room. I had booked a suite and it wasn't the one I booked. I told them my concerns, my sister was getting married and I needed that room for hair and makeup for the bridesmaids. The manager Joe and Maria gave me the banquet room FREE of charge to accommodate us.
The maid brought us plenty of towels to accommodate the girls.
The breakfast was excellent and the kitchen staff was the best!! Someone in the kitchen named Mia, was the very best. She made sure we had everything we needed. It was truly a Great stay.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank vjor365
Prescott, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 8, 2013

I recently met with high school classmates at the Merrillville Hilton Garden Inn for our 50th reunion. We had a reserved block of rooms for the event and utilized the banquet facility. The accommodations, food and service were excellent.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends

Corydon, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 8, 2013

We stayed here as a recommendation by the wedding party. We were satisfied with the stay. Rooms were clean, hotel staff was very helpful. Only thing that I can comment on in a negative was that our room was on the 1st floor across from the pool so there was a lot of hallway noise.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family

Birmingham, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 23, 2013

The hotel was clean and accommodating. It is close to many good restaurants and the area in general is good. Would stay there again. It is also only about a 45 minute drive to Chicago so you can do some sight seeing while staying there.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business

Carmel, Indiana
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 22, 2013

It would have been so funny to see the cement truck pouring the bed I slept on because I am certain it was made of cement. Do not stay in room 213. And for your best interested, take a roll of scotch tape and tape the Do Not Disturb sign to the door. My fell on the ground at some point over night and evidently the maid couldn't see so she knocked on the door and shouted "housekeeping" and then immediately and I mean immediately, entered the room. Then a few minutes later after hearing the same thing happen in all the rooms around us, someone on the housekeeping staff decided that running the weeper down the hall by the elevators was the right thing to be doing at 9:27 am. Let me say we are Hilton Honors members, we try to stay loyal to the brand. This particular hotel is clean, great location to the highway and most of the staff are great. The housekeeping staff could definitely learn some manners. The additional thing that really surprised us was the fact that you can hear the people upstairs stomping around and the doors have absolutely no insulation. People walking down the hall cane be heard very well. This wasn't a horrible hotel, but I will stay somewhere else next time.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank lisapleasant
Joshua S, Front Office Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Merrillville, responded to this review, September 24, 2013
Dear Lisa,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay at our hotel. I understand from your review that you were not completely satisfied with our some aspects of our hotel. I am so sorry that our housekeeping staff disturbed you while you were in your room. I can assure you that this is very rare to occur; however, I can very much empathize with your frustration and sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this caused you. Please be assured that the feedback you provided in your review will be taken into consideration so that we may improve our guests’ in-property experience. Your feedback is truly appreciated for it is one of the most important tools that allow us to improve the quality of our products and services. Again I sincerely apologize if you went through any inconveniences and I do hope to have another opportunity to serve you, if your travels bring you back to our area.

Safe Travels,