“Strong Value at This Hilton Garden Inn”

Hilton Garden Inn Merrillville
Ranked #1 of 21 Hotels in Merrillville
Boston
“Strong Value at This Hilton Garden Inn”
Reviewed July 29, 2013

I stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn for a nearby wedding for two nights. The rooms were clean and comfortable, per usual at a Hilton Garden Inn. The staff was very pleasant and the rates were very reasonable. Our entire family was at the hotel, and we particularly enjoyed the common areas in the lobby and the complimentary breakfast each morning.

Not only was there plenty of space to sit together and chat, the food was above average for being free and the staff was very helpful, attentive and friendly, taking omlet orders etc.

If in the area of Merrillville and need a good comfortable reliable hotel, you won't go wrong with this Hilton Garden Inn.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
Montevideo Department, Uruguay
Reviewed July 26, 2013

This new property is as you would expect fromany Hilton Garden Inn. It is convenient, cheap, and with a stones throw from the interstate. I had just come from staying at a Westin in Indianapolis and then stopped here at after a LONG day-trip to Chicago. I was not expecting much but I was wowed. The property comforts were just as nice as what was provided at the Westin, and if I had closed my eyes and not opened until I was in the room, I would not have been able to tell the difference from a fancy 4-star hotel. The property is well taken care of. The only problem I have is the continental breakfast - it is not included in the room rate. At $100/night, I would have at least expected breakfast. Hold your horses Garden Inn, you are not a HIlton in the middle of Chicago...you are a suburb option to stop off and sleep before moving on.

Room Tip: Keep in mind you are near a major highway and will get some of that sound.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Merrillville, United States
Reviewed July 25, 2013

We went to Hilton Garden Inn at Merrillville in Indiana for a group meeting. The price for the service quality was good. The food quality, the service, room cleanliness, air conditioning of the room, quality of linens, bed covers - everything was top quality. I had to come back in the same area and I had booked another hotel. I canceled the other hotel and returned to the same hotel. My second stay even reinforced my first assessment.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Merrillville, Indiana
Reviewed July 17, 2013

What a delight it is to find someone who treats you like a 'guest'. Well, the HGI in Merrillville, IN does a truly remarkable job of representing themselves as part of the Hilton Brand Family. In particular, I would single out Sashe. She is sublime in her treatment of guests and greets everyone with a beautiful smile and a vivacious hello "Welcome to the Hilton Garden Inn". Sashe gives unique meaning to the saying "Every day's a holiday and every meal a treat'.
I will not even consider staying anywhere else. Sashe made a huge impression on me! Everyone everywhere needs their own Sashe! She is special in every way.

Room Tip: Talk to Sashe.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Parkland, United States
Reviewed July 17, 2013

Our rooms were very clean and the cleaning staff accommodated our hectic schedule to clean the rooms around us. We were in town for a wedding so we were coming and going a lot, which made it difficult to preform housecleaning services to our 3 rooms.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Peoria, IL
Reviewed July 13, 2013

This is our second time staying at this hotel. The first time was as a couple, this time with two kids. The kids LOVED this place but it was nice enough we felt like we had a little getaway as well. Staff is exceptionally friendly. They had dispensers of lemon and cucumber water in the lobby which was a nice touch. The indoor pool is small but clean. Rooms were tidy. My only complaint was that the in room fridge had been turned off before arrival, and they were cleaning rooms when we arrived - there was a weird chemical/humid smell in the hallway. No big deal. The location is great - right by the highway and mall and close to many restaurants. Would definitely recommend.

Reviewed July 8, 2013

My family and I always opt for a Hilton when traveling, and this stay met our expectations as usual. The staff was exceptionally friendly, the room was fresh and clean, as well as, the rates were competitive for the area. We actually chose to stay a second night, given the level of comfort, while visiting Chicago and the Indiana Dunes for the holiday weekend. I definitely recommend this stay!