“The picture of the King Suite on the website isn't how the room actually looks.”

Hilton Garden Inn Merrillville
Ranked #1 of 22 Hotels in Merrillville
Reviewed June 26, 2013

I reserved the King Suite at the Hilton garden Inn, Based on the pictures displayed on their website. When I arrived, I was shocked that the funiture and decor was outdated. I went to the front desk and showed them a picture of the room I reserved. And I asked if that room was available and was told that the picture on the website was a old picture of their King Suite and their suites are updated now. Why would the Hilton have a old picture of their King Suite displayed, which actually looks better. If that's not the most recent picture of the King Suite that you will get. Another thing, I called the front desk for 2 sets of towels at 9:08 am and didn't receive the towels until 41 minutes later. I had to call the front desk twice. And after the second attempt the manager had to bring the towels to my room. On a good note: The Lobby Decor is AMAZING!!!! Check in was SUPERB!!! And Breakfast was OUTSTANDING!!

• Stayed: June 2013
Joshua S, Front Office Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Merrillville, responded to this reviewResponded July 16, 2013

Dear Shenamoneek,

Thank you for taking the time to write a detailed review about your experience with us. All the feedback you have provided is incredibly valuable. I do apologize for the wait you experienced after you requested more towels sent up to your room. It is unacceptable and it is a concern that will be addressed. Thank you again for staying with us and supplying us information in order for us to grow. It would be a pleasure to have you stay with us again in the future.

Reviewed June 24, 2013

Running late all day we were late and tired when we arrived, pleasant room, great beds made up for it. Would recommend and would return. Breakfast had lots of variety for all. Handicapped space was above average with plenty of room and mobility.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Marian K.,

Thank you for writing a reveiw about your stay with us on TripAdvisor. The feedback regaring your experience during breakfast is very helpful. We are always trying to add new items to the buffet and seeing how you enjoyed the variety is reinforcement to continue the practice. Thank you again for staying with us and it would be fantastic to have you with us again in the future.

Reviewed June 24, 2013

My stay here was very good...I will recommend this hotel to anyone..The staff are extremely friendly and very helpful..room was always cleaned and fresh each day..anything I needed it was taken care of...in room dining was very fast and good..breakfast was spot on too...Come and enjoy your stay....

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Debra W

Dear Debra W.,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding your stay on TripAdvisor. Your feedback is greatly appreciated and we hope that you will be able to stay with us again in the future.

Reviewed June 18, 2013

I travel quite often and as a gold member have spent quite a few nights in Hilton properties and I have to say that this location is fantastic. This hotel passes the white glove test, everything was immaculately clean from the front lobby to the shower. The front office manager, Josh Sanders, and the front desk receptionist, Sarah, could not have been more accomodating if they tried. I was traveling with my medically handicapped mother and four other members of my family and they went above and beyond the call of duty to ensure that we had a pair of adjoining rooms, additional rooms on the same floor, extra bedding, etc. I had a problem with my HH rewards and they even took care of that and let me know when it was done. I would definitely stay at this location again and recommend it highly to anyone looking for a hotel in the area. Great Job and keep up the good work to your entire staff!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank LAT11
Joshua S, Front Office Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Merrillville, responded to this reviewResponded June 20, 2013

Dear LAT11,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback regarding your experience with us. It was a pleasure to read how Sarah went above and beyond to make sure you were as comfortable as possible during your stay by providing you with everything you needed. I will definitey make sure she is aware of the impact she made during your time with us. Thank you again for submitting your review of the hotel to TripAdvisor and the 5-star rating that went along with it.
I also sincerely thank you for being a Gold Hilton Honors member. Your loyalty to Hilton is greatly appreciated.

Reviewed June 18, 2013

Hotel staff including Front Desk and restaurant are very friendly and professional. I stay here whenever I am in NW Indiana. My room is always clean and ready at check in. This hotel is also very convenient to I-65 which make it even better for business travel.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business

Dear Kevin K.,

It was a pleasure reading your review regarding your experience when you stay with us. We are always trying to provide the level of service that is expected when you stay at a Hilton Garden Inn. Thank you for taking the time to leave some feedback on TripAdvisor along with the 5-Star rating. It is greatly appreciated. I sincerely look forward to your next visit.

Joshua

Reviewed June 10, 2013

I regularly stay at this hotel when i travel for business and i recommend this hotel for both family and business travelers, because you get the most value for the price with great Hilton quality and service.
- No matter what room you get at this chain hotel, you always get a microwave and a fridge. I have had 2 rooms where the fridge was very loud when it kicked on and off, so I just unplugged them. The beds are comfortable and the rooms and bathrooms are not cramped.
- The main lobby, and dining area has been renovated (I think early 2013) and looks very nice, utilizes space well, and keeps it looking comfortable yet up-to-date.
- While the workout room is always clean, this chain of hotels have small cramped workout areas compare to the Doubletree and the Hiltons, but I'm happy enough with the clean workout room at this hotel. They recently put in new floor mats.
- There are areas to sit outdoors and there is an indoor pool. There is also onsite laundry and they provide free use of the business center computers and free printing and faxing.
- I always place an order for breakfast and the service is quick and they do a good job helping people who need to eat and dash, to be served promptly.
- since this hotel is not close to a major airport, everyone has a vehicle and there are gas stations, lots of shopping and restaurants right along 30 and very close to the hotel. Also, if you wanted to head into Chicago or are leaving the city, its very easy to find off of I-65.

Room Tip: Rooms that start at 101, 201, and 301 up to the 20's are closer to the stairway that exits to th...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business

Dear Sonixgirl77,

It is always great to see when a guest is truly satisfied with the service and product we offer. We greatly appreciate the time you took to provide such a detailed review regarding our property and the 5-Star rating that went along with it. Thank you again for staying with us and it would be a pleasure to have you with us in the future on your next trip to Merrillville.

Reviewed June 10, 2013

Stayed here for a wedding and the room was clean, parking was plentiful, there was a good in house restaurant and the gym/pool area seemed in good condition with up to date equipment. Staff was great as well.

The only knock on my stay was getting on the Internet where you had to go through the "pay for Internet" process to get to the free, low bandwith option but that's more of an issue with Hilton corporate I imagine. Once I was connected though I had no complaints with the connection.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
Joshua S, Front Office Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Merrillville, responded to this reviewResponded June 14, 2013

Dear Andrew W.,

It is great to see you enjoyed your time with us while you were in town for a wedding. Your appraisal of our property is greatly appreciated along with your mention of the amenities we have to offer the guests who stay here. I am sorry to hear about your experience with our internet service. We are always attempting to improve our quailty of service and your feedback regarding the internet will be helpful in deciding how we present it to guests in the future. Thank you again for staying with us. Hopefully on your next to trip to Merrillville you will be with us again.