“Very nice”

Comfort Suites Merrillville
Ranked #9 of 21 Hotels in Merrillville
Reviewed September 13, 2012 via mobile

Very nice hotel, room was large and the bathroom was huge.rooms were very clean and all of the staff helpful and friendly.also no pass code for logging into the wifi which made it a breeze.we will be staying here again.well done

• Stayed: September 2012
There are newer reviews for Comfort Suites Merrillville

Reviewed September 3, 2012

The hotel is nice and clean. The room is nice, clean and spacious. However, the lady who was at the front desk on Sunday 9/2/2012 around 11:00 PM has a serious attitude problem (tmacon.in213). I reserved for a crib for my baby daughter. When I mentioned that "oh yeah, and we reserved a crib..." she said "I will get it for you". I wasn't sure whether she meant she will get it now and I should wait or she will get it later directly to the room, so I asked her "Do I take the crib with me?" she snapped and said "I have to GET IT FIRST". Whoa... it's like I interrupted her busy scheduling or something, which is, ironically, serving me, the guest. What the hell is up with these people? Am I expecting too much from a 2.5-star hotel. If you kept your big mouth shut, that would have been a much better answer. She has no clue how much of a negative impression this gives to the guest who is trying to relax at the end of the day. When I told my brother, who stayed the previous night, about her, he was like "Hahah, you too?". Terrible.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank dashrendar
comfortsuitesmerrill, Webmaster at Comfort Suites Merrillville, responded to this reviewResponded October 8, 2013

Hello Valued Guest,

Thanks for choosing the Comfort Inn for your stay.

We are glad that you found the room clean and spacious.

We apologize for the rude hospitality of the staff and she is no more with us.

Our present hotel staffs are well trained and courteous.

We look forward to see you again at Merrillville.

Hotel Manager.

Reviewed September 2, 2012

We arrived to find our room was bigger and more spacious than we expected. The suite has two queen beds and a pull out sofa. We asked for a roll away to accommodate our 5 kids. There was a frig and microwave in the room. The only down side was the very very small pool that had a maximum of 10 per the wall signs. The pool had a lot of chlorine in it. The hot tub could fit 10 in it. Breakfast was cereal, breads, waffles, yogurt, juice, cofffe, biscuits with gravy. It was just fine for our family.

• Stayed: September 2012
Reviewed August 26, 2012

Comfort Suites are dependable. The quality isn't top tier but it's pretty good and this one was exactly as I expected. No problems and no surprises. I like to use Merrillville for the night before a Chicago visit and the Comfort Suites suited my purpose.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed August 7, 2012

For our trip to Chicago in June, my wife and I decided to stop about an hour outside of the city and drive in early the next day. Unfortunately, we got a late start and hit traffic, so we didn't get in to the Comfort Suites in Merrillville until after 11. Fortunately, the Comfort Suites turned out to be an excellent place to crash for the night. It is just off of I-65 in an area with a number of other hotels and restaurants. The hotel seems relatively new and well-kept. The lobby and common areas were very clean and the front-desk staff was very helpful. Our room was large and and quiet (the room was on the opposite side of the hotel from I-65, so that helped. All the furnishings were new and in very good condition. And most importantly, the bed was one of the most comfortable hotel beds I've slept in.
In the morning, we got up and used the indoor pool and hot tub. Both were clean and well-maintained. The breakfast bar had the standard Choice Hotels offerings, but everything was fresh and well-done.
Basically, the hotel offers everything I expect from a Comfort Inn/Comfort Suites – a clean, well-maintained property with reliable amenities for a reasonable price. While it is not a great hotel by any means, I would classify the Comfort Suites Merillville as better-than-average.

Room Tip: The front of the hotel faces I-65. We had good luck with our room on the other side.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank appellatereview
Reviewed August 5, 2012

Not a bad place for the price. My biggest gripe was that the heavy curtains wouldn't close all the way. There was a gap of a couple of feet covered only by the sheer inner curtain that allowed in too much light for sleeping in later than 7 am. Breakfast was plentiful, but not that great tasting. Service overall was good.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family

Dear Valued Guest,

Thanks for your stay at the Comfort Inn.

Your review is encouraging and of course we shall immediately look into the observation related to the curtains.

We shall definitely do a check and improve the breakfast.

Once again thank you for the patronage.

Look forward to see you again,

Hotel Manager.

Reviewed July 10, 2012

Rooms spotless, pool area neat ans clean. lobby very inviting with newspapers to read, TV on. Manager qctually looked over our room before giving us the key. continental breakfast was very well stocked. allowed early check-in so we could get ready for an early wedding. Will stay again!

Room Tip: we had room on third floor facing highway and could not hear any traffic, so any room would probably...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends